I love so many bible verses but this one

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (76 posts)
  1. taiwokareem profile image61
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11834507_f520.jpg
    If only we all understood the meaning of true love, life would have been a better place

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 NIV

1. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

A most beautiful direction for the heart to follow, Taiwo. Love is the beginning and the end of the Law; the yearning of the One for the One; the very pulse of Being and most certainly, Love is All in All.

"He who loves never grows old. God is a shining example."-Sri Chinmoy.

Great that you write this for us this a.m. How timely before we begin our day. Let us all be imitators of Love and not mental concepts. Alleluya!

taiwokareemposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well said bro Manatita. You know, when I first came to this country, it was so difficult calling older people by name as it was a sign of disrespect in my culture.

By the way, Taiwo. I am seven years old. What are you saying to me? (smile)

Truly, my heart is quite young. I sing and dance and humour myself and others, and am sometimes as spritely as a child.

Following on from your comment, it's good to change the way you call others. Many of my Nigerian friends still insists on calling me Mr... It's strange and does not fit. Brings me to a spiritual point. In trying to serve, always, to the best of your ability, try to give joy to others. Feel, rightly or wrongly, that if they are annoyed or upset, then the love has not reached.

Whew! I wrote too much. You know that you are my dear and loving brother. Have a great weekend!

2. Righteous Atheist profile image58
      Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How come god murders everyone when he gets angry then?

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
        Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you know the god that does that. Sorry for your experience  RT. But that is not everyone's experience.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image58

No - that is what the bible says. Sorry for your loss. Have you read the bible perchance?

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Genesis 6:5-8

I mean - this is a genuine question. How do you reconcile "perfect love that never gets angry" with god being so upset with mankind that he decides to murder them all (except one family)?

Why do you take sides with people that murder and kill ,why do you take sides with injustice. You already have made yourself an opposer of God. Yet you do not know all the answers because you ask?
            Really you named the final action. But you did not name what people did in their wicked acts.
            Today we have laws that are copies of bible law. And that protects you from being robbed. Killed, or some kind of wicked act that could cause you not to exist or be in some kind of torture.
            The point is the law was for the protection of human life. Wickness in those days took life like is was a snack. So we all know with out law many would not be here today. God  was hurt over what humans were doing to each other! Because he does love us. Life  continued with one family after the earth was cleaned. Because His goal was not thrown away just because people listen and act like Satan  who is also a god ,So I know that if I had lived back then I would be grateful ,he spared my life. Now the earth has again repeated wickedness, even to the point of disrespect and thoughtless words how sad.

Still don't understand how you reconcile "perfect love that doe snot anger" with god being so hurt that he kills everyone. "The ends justify the means," is basically what you said. Surely perfect love is not provoked?

It doesn't matter how many are killed as long as you survive?

I oppose no god, because I don't believe it exists. I simply want to understand how you reconcile this.

When did you make God's laws. No human has. He also has limits like you. So if that is what he needed to do to clean the earth let his will be. And it will be again.
                We all live because of him. And he has the right to give life he gave it, it is satan who takes life by making people think we have a right to question his perfection.
                Because we are certainly not perfect at all.
                Because truthfully if you like crime, killing, hatred, child abuse ,injustice. Then you are on satans's side
                And the people that have no respect for law.

I see you still justifying murder, but I still don't see how this is an example of perfect love. Glad to hear that god has limits though. He is just like me now. I don't like crime, killing or hatred. What gave you that idea?

You seem to be the one that likes crime killing and hatred. In fact - you rejoice in mass murder and seem to be hoping that god will break it's promise and do it again. I guess that now we know god has limits - you don't expect it's to keep its promise?

My Friends, Kiss and Tales; Righteous Atheist,

You guys will have noticed that my Friend Taiwo began this Hub in a loving and positive way. Perhaps we can agree that we all seek joy or peace or happiness. Give it your own name but let us keep the vibration wholesome. I wish to love and serve; to inspire, and so does my friend Taiwo. Loving thoughts this pleasant weekend here in London, UK.

2. profile image0
                  Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow, wow, wow. Where did you get all that? RA, never said anything about liking crime, killing, hatred, child abuse, injustice. You appeared to make that assumption because he asked you a valid question that conflicts with what and who you think your God is. Because he asked you that question you attempted to align him with satan. Perhaps this is your indoctrination talking, but it's unfair and unjust. He made nothing to defame your version of God, he simply asked you how one worships a God that while you say is all about love at one time in a fit of anger murdered every person alive except on family? Now we know this didn't really happen because we have the physical evidence of peoples who continued to live all around the globe, but the question remains and is valid. How does one claim their God is all about love when not only does the text say he murdered everyone the text also says he instructs us to murder for him?

To RM there is nothing righteous about RA the word righteous is really a religious Christian word , you agree with him because you have the same common thought. Earlier post tell of the whole conversation, you should include the whole conversation not only parts to fit your conclusions.
                    I do not know anything about your life personally, nor your parents, I do not know who you love and have respect for that is in your family rather that be mother or father, but I will not disrespect your family by names or call them murderers or many unkind things because I do not know them personally.
                    The Heavenly Father is my Father  he is responsible for my life and many who enjoy life today.
                    It is so disrespectful to say things just because you do not care about what others feel is sacred.
                    And really I do not have to answer to any man for my believe and my faith. My life is allowed because of God the Father , you talk about life then why are you living if God is a murderer! Why are you using the breath of life to dishonor what he gave you.
                    Really you labeled God a murderer. Satan is the real murderer who gets people to say the things you say .
                    When you can create a life, and bless people to have families and give them a future to live ,then you have no claim or right to say what the giver of life has a right to do ,what future do you give or can produce.
                    He is the supreme being and every living person will stand before his throne in judgment .

2. profile image0
            Ian Moonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A genuine question to any atheist out there: How or what exactly did you do your self personally, that led you to realise the self then realise you came from nothing you are nothing & your going back to nothingness?....Now i don't want to hear about what you've read watched or heard, & i don't want to hear about other people's experiments etc....Forget about mentioning any of the BS that scientists come up with or what anyone said 1000's of years ago, I'd like to genuinely know what "you" did your self seeing as how your so sure....You can't switch the argument back on me because I'm not religious, & i would pose the same sort of question to any religious person....If your gonna say evolution & the big bang etc, even the scientists themselves have gave up with that crap....So what experiments did you do personally or do you just believe everything you hear, "or" are you just bored people waiting to pounce on people who are willing to believe?....I mean if you don't believe wtf are you even doing on here?, surely there's better things to do than trying to convert believers into non believers....I mean why bother with anything at all, if you know your going to disappear into nothingness when you die?lol.

Why not enjoy the limited time I have here? As for coming from nothingness - this is simply a religionist lie. I come from a long, long line of something.

I did not exist for billions of years. I expect to not exists for billions. I am here and making the most of it. Not seen any evidence that I will continue to exist after I die - only religious people claiming this is the case. Everything else lives and dies - why would I not?

I make my own purpose. Sorry if your religion tells you to get offended at some of that. Not religious? lol lol

2. Hendrika profile image67
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

I agree, love really improves everything, such a pity most people do not think so. Without love there is only selfishness!

I agree with you Hendrika

3. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

That is the most greatest thing God said it ! How wonderful!

Its amazing and I love to read Matthew, Mark Luke and John so much. Psalms and proverbs are also great

4. Kiss andTales profile image59

You do not know what perfect love is .that is why you can not see. You love to argue and you say many things that are really disturbing . I am not surprised . Take care RT I am in no match with you . I will speak the truth rather you accept it or not.

I do know what perfect love is. It is not provoked and does not take into account a wrong suffered.

Sorry you are disturbed by what the god of the bible does. I am disturbed by this also.

5. Kiss andTales profile image59

You are correct and that is what I do . I inspire and answer in truth. And because truth it is attack as Jesus said it would be. I am in no argument because the truth stands alone but I will not allow anyone to disrespect my creator in any form or verbal abuse. So with that your commit is respected but it is does not apply to me. We stand up for the truth if we are a follower of Jesus.

And the truth is that your god is a psychotic murderer - easily provoked. The truth does indeed stand alone. You will not allow me to what again? sad

6. Kiss andTales profile image59

Also I did posted my happiness earlier of that scripture. The bible says there is a time for everything. This was a time to speak up !

7. lone77star profile image74
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

taiwokareem, I agree. This is a most beautiful passage.

God is Love. Too many, here, do not understand that simple idea, because they read the Bible literally.

The Pentateuch was written by Kabbalists in code, so the literal is easily misunderstood.

Also, God's children are not Homo sapiens, so the secularists will never understand.

When we love others as ourselves, and put their needs ahead of our own, then we are walking with God. Only then can you fully understand what love is all about.

Ah - as usual - anyone that disagrees with you does not understand. How awesome are you?  lol lol

2. profile image0

Please elaborate. Do you mean Noah and his line were not homo sapiens, but were able to breed with homo sapiens? If that were the case we would have genetic evidence of that just as we have genetic evidence that homo neanderthals mated with homo sapiens. For this to be true then there must have not been a world wide flood as described in the bible because the flood would have wiped out all homo sapiens.

Please help me out here.

8. Kiss andTales profile image59

The question is only ugly because the person asked it in an ugly form. Question ,to you is as an example if I asked why did a mother allow her child to suffer in a surgery procedure , would that make me a bad mother if I knew my child would feel great pain.
    So some one comes along and call me a bad mother because I allowed my child to go through pain.
    Well did the person know that it was a life giving surgery to remove a tumor that could kill at any moment. Or did they know that the surgery was the only way to continue a future without pain the rest of that child's life.
    You see you have critics that find statements that make questions that are not valid.
    What ever your underline motive is God knows . For he is the reader of hearts.

A more appropriate example would be that you murdered 100,000 children to harvest their blood cells so that your child may live.

Does that make you a bad mother? wink

2. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You still refuse to answer the unpleasant questions, and that's what I'm getting at. I'll ask you a question straight from the Bible, and see if you will answer it directly. More than likely, you will skirt around the issue.

God ordered Abraham to kill his own son. Abraham chose to do it. Would you do the same if God told you to kill someone? A direct order from God?

You see JX you have the story wrong he did not do it.
        And so is the rest of your opinion since you read the story wrong.
        I ask you where did the law of right and wrong begin?

1. profile image0

Would you murder a family member or stranger if God asked you to?

So - the bible doesn't say he was going to kill his son? Weird - which version are you reading?

3. janesix profile image60

God told Abraham to do it. It's as simple as that. I knew you wouldn't answer the question.

I do not have a problem with your question ,I have a problem with the truth ! You quoted wrong results that did not happen. He did not kill his son. You who are judging the works of God. Did you ever think he put that information in the bible for people for a reason.  He inspired the words to be written  no matter how you see it. And he is the highest Judge there will ever be. Would you call a local judge and tell him he is a murderer in his court room! No!

I judge this god wanting. Abraham was ready to kill his son.

2. profile image0

Well, if he committed the murder I would. Wouldn't you? It would be dishonest not to. Not going to answer the question I guess.

3. janesix profile image60

I never said Abraham killed his son. I said he WAS told to do it by God. It's a matter of whether he was willing to obey God no matter what.

That's what I'm asking YOU. But of course, you still haven't answered the question.

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

To JX ok I will answer your question ,do people in list in the military for their country? How many soldiers kill people for their Government ? How many lives are lost under friendly fire? How many people kill people because their Government told them to do it?
        You see man can take life. But he can not give it back. Like a boss on a job he can fire you ,and no one else can give your job back but him. So with that thought I am my Father's worker .I trust in him . And he is the giver of life.

1. janesix profile image60

That's not answering my question at all. Would YOU do it?

It's rather easy to answer it's either yes or no.

I wouldn't. See? That was pretty easy.

9. Kiss andTales profile image59

You want to put the Heavenly Father in a bad light. Well if he was all that bad then how did people reach the point of being wicked. They lived and did as they wished . He watch as they became unbearable ,How did people become past all normal goodness, but they mistreated the power of life. No different if you poses a weapon , you either collect them or you hunt. But if you use your power of possession to kill people for the sport of it then you are a danger to your family and  fellow humans. So I ask you to tell the judges here on earth that they are bad for putting criminals in prison who violate your freedom and your right to live,  you quoted the problems as wicked from the verse.I do not have any problems with the judgment of God's perfect law .it is people who do not want to live by them that have the problems.
    The earth has many people that do not want to live by a loving and justice law, now the earth is also filled with badness and wickedness again soon to end again.
    I welcome The Heavenly Father to clean up the earth and the many evil ways people seem to be comfortable with. Because man will never be happy the way things are today ,until he settles all matters of injustice ,and wickedness.
    The question I have for you is if a cute little mice made a home in your home and he began to make holes larger then normal ,and he also starts to multiply quicker then you can do something about, then you notice other mice has joined ,but now you do not have mice you have rats with ray bee's will you just sit there and allow them to continue life in your home. Or will you call and exterminator ? The point is there is always boundaries and limits. You would act on your own if faced with this example.
    Life is a gift. We should not misuse it by disrespecting the one who gave it to us.

Now god is an exterminator who loves us like mice?

2. profile image0

It's no longer considered ethical to kill mice, rats or racoons found in our homes. We are supposed to trap them and let them go outside, but not to far away from our homes as they will not survive in unfamiliar territory.

In other words we treat mice and rats better than the way God is said to have treated humans. With all the power that you claim he has one would think he could have just made the disappear.

.I used that as an example and I do know that the extermination business is jumping and running good .So you say what you wish and so did the people before the flood .you call it what you wish but justice was carried out. And it will again.

So god is a liar now huh?

2. profile image0

But he said he would never do that again, and kind of felt bad about it. But the smell of burning animal flesh made him feel better.

KT says he will do it again and god is a liar. sad

1. profile image0

She is just using her God's extortion tactics to get us to bow before her God. Threaten us with harm like a mafia enforcer.

3. Kiss andTales profile image59

You are enjoying yourself  all three of you, and it does not bother me because I have been talking for years and I will continue to speak the truth,  But there is nothing funny about respecting life and the gift you have been given.
          My post to you is finished.

1. profile image0

LOL, the only TRUTH is you won't answer a simple question pertaining to your faith.

Respecting life = killing everyone?

10. taiwokareem profile image61

Arguing with people will only complicate matters. You know the reason why you serve your God but others are not fully knowledgeable about God that's why we face many problems in this world.

I know this god better than you do apparently. That's why we face many problems in this world.

your view is respected but I have my different view too.

No - my view is not respected. According to you - I am the reason we have so many problems in this world.

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

True in one way  there is no arguing on my part. I reply with an answer of truth ,they reply to argue or belittle the subject.
      I stand firm in my faith in our Heavenly Father .
      And I have ended this with last post to them.

I posted this to share the joy of my serving God but it seems at one point it was gonna end in argument

Yup - claiming to serve god always causes an argument. When will you learn?

2. janesix profile image60

You didn't answer anything with "truth". You talked around it, avoiding an actual, real answer. You feel cornered. You don't want to think about the hard questions. Maybe you aren't sure about your true loyalty to God.

11. taiwokareem profile image61

Please guys serving God is a matter of choice and freewill. Please enjoy yourself and don't be divided by your different views.

12. Kiss andTales profile image59

And I am never cornered up. I stand when I need to. You and others want me to be unsure. I am sure until death. That's how sure I am. You are the one asking the questions.

1. profile image0

that you are avoiding.

13. Kiss andTales profile image59

I answered your question that is all I will say to you . You do not accept my answer .that is not surprising. I have been speaking for years and I will continue .goodbye.

You have not answered any questions. ciao

2. profile image0

All you did was tell us some people kill for their country when asked.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)