Still Undecided on Ad Program

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. JulieJohnson3 profile image60
    JulieJohnson3posted 9 years ago

I know we're not supposed to discuss specific earnings, but for those who have been around a while, which ad program seems to earn more, the HP Ad Program or Adsense? I'm still undecided as to which one to use.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image58
      Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The HP Ad program works better than adsense alone here.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Easy to decide. You can switch it on and off as often as you like.  So try a month with the HP Ads program, the switch it off and try a month with Adsense, and see how they compare.

3. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are not allowed to disclose Adsense earnings, CPC, CMP or CTR, as the HP program includes Adsense you should be careful not to disclose figures from that either.

To answer your question, HP ads are better, I tried turning them off for a month and found HP ads performed much better.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I use both!  Why? Earnings is earnings even though I don't do well with Adsense.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

It depends on the hubber and their content to a great extent but a majority commenting on the forum seem to find HP has the edge.

4. Autumn McNeil profile image66
    Autumn McNeilposted 9 years ago

Question: I am new and wanted to know if you can run more than one at once?

1. SpaceShanty profile image93

No, one or the other.  Either HP ads are on or off.

1. KnowWhatImean profile image59
        KnowWhatImeanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry - somewhat new to HP, but to me it looks like the HP Earnings are on and so are the adsense.    So If I go to my account>Earnings  All the programs say active. 

If I view the performance I have impressions on both though only clicks on HP.  so are they both active or no?   How do you turn them on and off?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Do you have an Adsense account?  If not, nothing is active yet.

Yes, I have an adsense account.  I think my adsense was approved quicker because I have had one for awhile for my own blog.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you had one for your old blog you should just use that.  Multiple Adsense accounts are not permitted.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

You can have all Adsense, or mostly HP with a little Adsense--these are the two options.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

You can have all Adsense, or mostly HP with a little Adsense--these are the only two options.

5. Autumn McNeil profile image66
    Autumn McNeilposted 9 years ago

I am so lost...... When I go to my earnings page, the top part is marked red. So, I am guessing that I am still not able to even attempt at making any money with my hubs. They suggest a min of 10 hubs before activating the rest of the adsense and such, but can I still make money while I wait to do that?

1. SpaceShanty profile image93

You will only start earning from Adsense once you have a decent number of views so don't worry about not being accepted.  I suggest you spend your time creating high quality Hubs while you wait to be accepted. 
      You can still earn from the Amazon program, as long as the products are relevant or useful to the reader.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

You can make a little money from the strategies LindaSmith suggests, but I wouldn't bother.  Your Hubs will get hardly any traffic in their first few months anyway, so it's hardly worth it.   Just get on with writing about 20 good quality Hubs, wait a month, then apply to Adsense.  Once you're approved, sign up for the HP Earnings Program.

1. Autumn McNeil profile image66
        Autumn McNeilposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the response. I am new at this and still learning so all of your replies are helpful.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Autumn:  Use your own Amazon Associates ID, any affiliate programs such as Viglink, Commission Junction, etc.  No Clickbank.  With your Amazon Associate ID you can use capsules. As for the rest you need to use text links, 2 per same domain.  No Ebay unless you are part of HP Earnings program which requires Adsense Account.

7. KnowWhatImean profile image59
    KnowWhatImeanposted 9 years ago

Right, I added the Hubpages site to my adsense.  What I am concerned about is that I dont have everything setup properly.  Someone said you can only use one or the other, but I seem to be getting impressions and clicks through both.

1. JulieJohnson3 profile image60
      JulieJohnson3posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you have the HP Ad Program activated, your Hubs will show mostly HP Ad Program ads, as well as one of your own Adsense ads on each Hub that you have ads enabled on. So, you will still show impressions for your Adsense and earnings from the HP Ad Program.

Great thanks!

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

KnowWhatIMean
    Google Adsense required for HP All HP Earnings Programs including Ebay and the HP Amazon Program.

There are those that use their own Amazon Affiliate account because they don't want to participate in the HP Amazon program, or because they cannot or have not been approved by Adsense.

9. Tricia Deed profile image87
    Tricia Deedposted 9 years ago

I'm still considered a newbie. My question is...How many Amazon ads can be posted until one is qualified to to accepted by Adsense? I want to wait a while before applying for Adsense.

As Linda says, the limit is one capsule per 50 words.  So if you have a 400 word Hub you can have 8 capsules.   However, be careful - your Amazon products MUST be closely related to the subject of your Hub, and I mean very closely related.  In practice, that means you often won't be able to find 8 products for a 400 word Hub! 

However, I wonder why you want to wait to apply for Adsense?  You've been here two months and have over 30 Hubs, you should get approved easily.

1. Tricia Deed profile image87
        Tricia Deedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marissa, Thank you for the clarification. I am having difficulties clearing Google adsense because of an old email address from 5 years ago. It has become a technical nightmare for me. Until I have another person try to undo the technical mess, I thought I would just do Amazon. To me, Google has gotten so complicated. Also in the HP knowledge it also says to wait 6 months, unless I misunderstood the sentence.

If you're in the US, you don't have to wait 6 months. A month to six weeks is more than long enough.

Your email issue is a much bigger concern.  Problems with Adsense are extremely difficult to resolve because they're virtually impossible to contact directly - the best you can do is ask on their forums.  I strongly suggest you concentrate on sorting it out before you write too much more on HubPages.

The reason I say that is, to be brutally frank, that there's no point writing on HubPages if you can't get an Adsense account. The great benefit of HubPages (compared to running your own blog) is that you get access to the HubPages Earnings Program.  You need an Adsense account to participate in that program.   

Without the Earnings Program, your earning capacity would be severely limited - Amazon alone is just not enough, and you're very restricted on what other affiliate programs you can use.

Marissa,

So true, so true. I arrived at the same conclusion. Thank you for your confirmed information.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Tricia    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

if you already have an Amazon associates account, then you can use the Amazon capsules.  50 words per capsule.  2 text links to same domain.

Linda Smith,

Thank you. I will sharpen my knowledge and work with Amazon while I am in this twilight zone of qualifying for Adsense. The comments which I have been reading regarding Adsense do not sound very favorable.

11. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I have found HP works best for me-- especially for increasing revenue from Amazon.  It may be an individual thing, and it may work best after you are established for a while, but most people seem to like HP.

12. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I do both.  I tried using one or the other, and went back to using both Adsense and HP Ad program.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)