What hubs show up on the HubPages Search results?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    CherylsArtposted 9 years ago

I've done some searches for some of my higher ranked hubs using the search box, and they haven't been showing up.

For instance, my Ice Cream Party Invitations, didn't show up in the search results, even though I typed in the title exactly as it is, and it has a score of 95.

Is this a glitch?

Can we search for our own titles and have them show up?

Does this title show up for anyone else if you search for it? There were currently 34 results when I searched.

Thanks for any help.

2. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

The HubPages internal search function leaves much to be desired, in my opinion. It has frustrated me for years. I can't really answer your question, as I do not know why your hub is not showing up. I can see it on your profile, but it did not show up in search results for me, either, even though I searched for the title of your article just as you did.

I would love to see the search function updated and improved. I would like to have the ability to see more than ten results per page, and also sort them by date. It is frustrating to search for something that I know I've seen posted in the forums within the last month or so, and get back only results from years ago.

It is also frustrating that the results cut off after a certain number (is it 200?) and that many applicable posts are not found at all.

I wish I could help you. I can only commiserate.

1. profile image0
      CherylsArtposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your reply SmartAndFun.

Yes, I noticed too that the results seemed to be from at least a year or longer ago in age.

On one of my searches, there were 213 results, so it did go over 200.

It'd be nice to know how our hubs can make it on to this search function, and as you mentioned, have some sorting capabilities.

Thank you for searching for my title.

3. SmartAndFun profile image93

I'm searching for a pumpkin roll recipe, and although at the top of the page it says the page is showing me results 1-10, I am actually getting only 4 results. On the next page, it says it is showing results 11-20, but I see only six results. On page 3, instead of ten results I am seeing only three.

The search function needs to be improved. Revamped would be ideal.

1. profile image0

I did notice on one of my searches that there was a reduced number of results on the first page of results. I thought that was rather low, but did click on next and was pleasantly surprised to see more options.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've given up on it too.  I just use google site search https://www.google.com/#q=pumpkin+roll+ … bpages.com

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
        SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's more like it! 1670 results instead of 292!

I've never made a pumpkin roll. Are they hard to get out of the pan in one piece? Sorry to derail.

2. profile image0

calculus-geometry

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I can find my pages if I search for the title on google.

4. SmartAndFun profile image93

I do hope they update this feature, but I assume at the moment it is probably a low priority, with all the craziness going on at the moment in other areas of the site.

1. profile image0

I do believe that it would help with visits though if people searching for our articles on the hubpages site, can find them, including the more current ones.

5. Shades-of-truth profile image84
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

How ironical! I was just, at the very moment I found this thread, going to ask about the HubPages search inconsistencies. I thought that some of the articles were not showing up in the list of search results, due to many of us just coming from Squidoo.

It never dawned on me that the HubPages search tool was simply not showing all of the results.

As CherylsArt stated, even typing the exact name of the article in, does not show that particular article in the search results.

How odd! I have to say, that the Squidoo search was always accurate when I used it. Hopefully, the HubPages search will be fixed, soon. One would think that would be an easy thing to correct. Then again, I am not a programmer, so take that comment with a grain of salt!

1. profile image0

Shades-of-truth, I was wondering if it was a Squidoo thing too, but apparently not.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)