ATHEISTS are having a Tough time!

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (32 posts)
  1. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 9 years ago

They are constantly becoming the minority who are still hypnotized by the the utterly backward principles of the European Enlightenment!

Welcome to the 21st Century.. Spirituality is the way!

1. Sed-me profile image80
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What is the point in antagonizing ppl?

"But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?" Rm 2:3-4

God shetposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What God doth punish?

Im sorry. I don't understand your response.

I mean, what type of God It is - that has the need to punish its own conscious children?

Yeah, you've lost me.

Right on!

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
                  Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Does your little have fairies and unicorns?

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
                    Quilligrapherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. God shet profile image60

Whatever, my contention is really simple: Spirituality is going to replace religion (even the most 'concrete' and established ones, like Christianity). There are many signs that this is really going to happen - the growth of online learning and interaction, the advent of radically 'different' spiritual teachers like Eckhart Tolle and others, the developments of the movement to transform public school education into a holistic process of nurturing human creativity and potential of the consciousness; changes in mass-transport and the growth of inter-continental travels, and the general growth of human empathy and awareness.

There is no place of atheism in the 21st Century. Welcome!

God does not call us to religion, he calls us to relationship... and as long as He allows us to have free will, there will always be those who do not believe. Welcome to reality. (No disrespect intended.)

Well, atheists played a role in keeping the balance. Perhaps that role has lost its relevance, just the way that television is losing its relevance.

God is not a ying/yang participant.

Welcome to reality wink

I enjoy actual conversation. Im not sure what this is so I bid you adieu.

Well, if you like to discontinue, let it be so. Anyway, what I meant is that you are spot on to the fact that 'God' ('God' is merely a word - and there is a larger reality behind that word that it points to) is untouched by human polarities (Right vs. Wrong, Good vs. Evil etc.) and remains in a timeless dimension of bliss.

I think, we (humans as a whole) are awakening to that truth (and the Internet is playing a great role in that awakening).

That makes many other modes of thinking (religious, 'scientific', atheistic etc.) puny and irrelevant.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As a lifelong atheist who has lived in five different nations I find this century exceedingly welcoming and my atheism no obstacle to being a fully engaged part of the great human journey. 

You narrow-mindedness, however, is definitely an anachronism.

I think that the greater lesson for humanity is to love other people, including those different from yourself.  This lesson is more important than deciding which spiritual part is "right"--if such a question even makes sense.

This is the message of love and acceptance, and releasing the desire to judge and control others, that I see taking root and growing all around the world even as zealots and warlords try to smash it out.  They will not succeed.

Life long... that's interesting. Of course, when I say Im a life long Christian, some on this forum say I am indoctrinated. lol... Funny how we sometimes leave each other so little room for grace.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I mentioned it here only to indicate that I have had my entire life to experience any disadvantage from being atheist in the modern world, and to the contrary I think the world provide more secular/multi-faith welcoming environments than ever before.

Of course there are aberrant areas where only one faith or only atheism is permitted.  But they are notable for being exceptions to the rule especially amongst developed technologically modern nations.

Faith-based hatred is much in the news because it is no longer a universally accepted norm.  We have much to celebrate.

Really any kind of hatred is a detriment. We typically either run from it, or fight against it.
                Jesus' teaching "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..." kind of blows the other options out of the water. Christ is a game changer.

2. Righteous Atheist profile image57
      Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear. Better check your facts before speaking. wink

3. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what you're talking about. Atheists can be spiritual.

4. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Atheists,agnostics and non religious are steadily growing. Your poorly educated pastor lied to you again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)