Milestones!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (65 posts)
  1. sparkleyfinger profile image84
    sparkleyfingerposted 9 years ago

OK, so I'm 7 followers away from 100! I am actually quite excited. 100 may be small fries for some of you, but I'm counting down!!! Anyone else close to meeting their own little milestones?

1. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I met my first milestone goals yesterday: 10 featured hubs, and 1,000 page views. Not bad for just three weeks on the site!

1. Writer Fox profile image32
        Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  What's your next goal here?

2. chateaudumer profile image84
        chateaudumerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. My squidoo lenses garnered me two milestones , my 10th and 25 Hubs. I joined HP about 3 weeks ago.

2. Writer Fox profile image32

62 Hubs is impressive, too.  Way to go!

sparkleyfingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much! I have a target of doing 100 by the end of the year, so 38 hubs in 15 weeks! I'm sure I'll manage :-p

3. aerospacefan profile image83
      aerospacefanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratz. I will follow you now:)

4. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Looking back on the state of content sites and the Internet, I think I have achieved all of the reasonable achievements here.

I don't think any individual user will ever get the 100 million page view accolade.  Based on how long it took people to hit the 10 million views accolade, and based on what Google did to the traffic overall, I think accolades here have topped out.

1. Writer Fox profile image32

I think most people who have the 10 million views accolade got that before the first Google Panda Algorithm was introduced in February 2011.  I certainly haven't seen anyone announce recently that they have reached that many views.

2. DrMark1961 profile image98
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Then how about accolades for 25 and 50 million? Any interest in convincing the HP staff to add them?

1. Solaras profile image95
          Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Or one for every 5 million.  This is making me want McDonald's for lunch - over 50 billion served...

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
            DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

50 billion? Does that mean McDonalds hamburgers have gone viral? Imagine their SERPs.

2. sparkleyfinger profile image84

Well done!!!! All the early stuff is really exciting!!!!! What are you next aiming for? I would love a Hub of the day, but I dont think any of mine would be considered! A girl can dream, though!

I guess my next goal would be 100 hubs. When my Squidoo lenses finally transfer over, I'll be halfway there.

Yeah, if they're half as creative as some of your existing hubs, you'll do very well! Already following you, and look forward to seeing more of your work :-)

What is the Hub the Day? Is this the same as Editor's Choice?

Everyday a different Hub is selected by staff as the Hub of the Day, and is highlighted on HPs main page and on your login screen.

1. chateaudumer profile image84

thanks

3. taiwokareem profile image59
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

i have the same wish as Sparklefinger but unfortunately for me, I don't see any of mine being selected either

We can all dream! :-)

4. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

I'm at 700,000+ total views. I hope to hit the 3/4 of a million mark very soon (crossing fingers) and then onwards to the million smile It's taken 3 years though lol.

Wow! I'm looking forward to meeting that milestone, too! It will come eventually, I'm sure!

You must be making megabucks! Is writing for HP your main livelihood ? Sorry if I am too intrusive. I am just curious being a new hubber.

1. ChristinS profile image38
        ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol, no - HP is just a bit of residual income for me.  My primary money comes from my own websites and from doing freelance writing for clients smile

3. Solaras profile image95

Huge accomplishment!

5. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

lisavollrath congrats!

Thanks!

6. Craig Easom profile image83
    Craig Easomposted 9 years ago

I aim to reach 100 subscribers too at some point, though how long is anyone's guess at the minute, as I'm quite far off that target. Congrats to you though!
    My current goal is to hit 100,000 views as I am a little obsessed with my views here on HubPages. smile smile smile

Good luck! I, too, get a little obsessed on my page views, but have found them in decline over the summer. Hopefully they pick up over winter again.

7. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Yep, 100 hubs goal + 100,000 for me.

The 100,000 is going to happen in the next 5 weeks, I can feel it in my bones. The 100 hubs will happen as long as I don't get writer's block and have to go away for a rest!

A rest at the 100 Hubs Sanitarium!

8. ilikegames profile image63
    ilikegamesposted 9 years ago

Consider it 5 more now, really like some of the topics you seem to write about (money, recipes), keep up the great Hubs!

Thanks!!! I logged on today to see I have met my milestone! So excited! I do love a good bargain, as well as cooking, so that is generally what my hubs are about.

I do have a bit of a mixture though, some beauty hubs are in there for good measure, as well as some odds and ends. I hope to move forward with some more arty/ crafty hubs- just bought a house, so will be up-cycling a LOT!! I will post my thrifty results!

9. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Yea, I've joined your fan club!

Woohoo!!! Thanks ! smile I am so thrilled to see the wee badge on my profile that says I have 100 followers!  I am so thrilled that 100+ people actually like my writing! lol Thanks again!

2. Solaras profile image95

Me too!

Thanks!! I appreciate it! smile

10. electronician profile image79
    electronicianposted 9 years ago

Funnily enough, I'm fairly close to hitting 100 followers too so that will be my next milestone.

It is so exciting when you login and see that you have met that target! I just done it today! Woohoo!

11. kerbev profile image82
    kerbevposted 9 years ago

Congrats!

I am hoping people will recognize me here.  The change of name made me a little nervous.  Hopefully when all my lenses arrive, people will recognize me.  (btw..... I'm KAB! )

I also, hope to get a Hub of the Day at some point.  That would be nice!

Everyone wants HOTD!! It gets a lot of traffic to a particular hub, which then prompts more followers and more traffic to other hubs!!! Fingers crossed everyone! I'm sure your change of name won't have much of an impact- people follow for your content, so if its all transferring over, you'll be back on track in no time at all! Good luck!

12. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 9 years ago

Nice to see so many milestones achieved. This is a very encouraging thread. Let me ad my latest 2 milestones:

1. Reached one million views last week and...
    2. Reaching payout threshold during first week of the month for the second month running.

Next goals:
    Writing more hubs,
    reaching 2 million views and
    continuing to make 3 figure monthly payouts (dreaming of 4!) :-).

Awesome - congrats on the 1 million milestone!

I am coming up on 200,000 views in a few days, which is not a legitimate milestone, but it should be. :-) So my next goal is 50 featured hubs.

Any hundred thousand views is a milestone, well done! 50 featured hubs is also a good goal! Good luck!

2. sparkleyfinger profile image84

Congratulations on 1m views, that's impressive, I'm hoping to match that over the coming months! And 3 figure monthly payouts would be nice! I'll roll up my sleeves, and hope for the best!

3. Writer Fox profile image32

Congratulations, Sue!  I hope to be there next month.

1. ChristinS profile image38
        ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm crossing my fingers to hit that myself before the end of the year, hopefully.  smile Congrats!

Good luck on 1m views!!!!

13. sparkleyfinger profile image84

Next milestone:100,000 views!

14. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Near to a million views!

WOW!!!!! I would love even a quarter of that! lol How long have you been hubbing for?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

4 years and I have near to 800K views.

Wow!!! Truly inspirational! 200k for every year, pretty much!!! I've been here nearly 2 years, and have 65k. I'm hoping that the ore I write, the more it will creep up! Fingers crossed smile

15. Cardia profile image76
    Cardiaposted 9 years ago

My milestone right now is to publish 40 Hubs by the end of the year. I'm currently polishing up some of my old hubs to improve traffic and update any info that needs it.

My other goal is to reach 60,000 views by the end of the year. I'm not sure if it's possible, but that's what I'm hoping/working for! smile

Awesome!!! I am going to polish up some of my hubs, and I think I will actually unpublish some of the ones that just don't generate any views... we all have them sad

How many views are you at atm??

Good luck!!!

1. Cardia profile image76
        Cardiaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm currently at 53,600+ views right now, so 6000+ more to go! smile
        I've been meaning to spruce up some of my older hubs for a while now, but never got around to it until now.
        Thanks! and all the best to you too! big_smile

Ach that's easy for you in a few months! Especially with your polished hubs :-) enjoy!

16. sparkleyfinger profile image84

How is everyone getting on? I'm seeing my views starting to creep up, probably due to the darker nights coming in... Either way, keep it coming!!

Any successes? New goals?? I have a new goal to reach 500 comments on my hubs- I think this one is much closer than the 100,000 views, although that should happen over the next few months, fingers crossed!!!

17. Availiasvision profile image80
    Availiasvisionposted 9 years ago

I go do my part to help you out.  500 is totally doable, but it will take awhile, or tons of followers.  Billybuc has about 2000 followers and gets around 100 comments per hub.  Good luck!

Wow!! thats a lot of followers!!! I'm at 447 comments just now- so not too far off. Thanks for your input smile

18. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image91
    Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 9 years ago

My current goals are modest as I'm pretty new here. I'd like to reach 1,000 page views (Small, I know!) and get to 40 hubs -- I'm at 33 right now.

Hi Teeuwynn, your modest goals were very similar to my own when I began. I actually started by doing the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, but I have now found spending a few days at a time on a hub gets my best content.

I remember how happy I was when I reached 1000 views, then 10,000! Every little bit helps! With 33 hubs, I'm sure you will be getting those views soon!! Good luck!

19. MetroidFan89 profile image69
    MetroidFan89posted 9 years ago

I've done 6 hubs on here, and I'm really proud of myself. If I do 4 more I can finally apply for the Ad sense program with Hubpages. I'm very happy about my work and I'm not stopping anytime soon.

20. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I'm with ya, sparkleyfinger.  I 'whoop whoop' every time I get a new follower...it's always so exciting.  I haven't reached 20 followers yet; but, I'm on the way there...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)