The non-rant thread. Only happy stuff here...

Jump to Last Post 51-76 of 76 discussions (120 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

I found my keys. That's right up there with finding a wallet one thinks they lost. big_smile

2. watergeek profile image93
    watergeekposted 9 years ago

1. My sister is coming tonight to cruise the streets for Pasadena Art Night.
    2. Between church and the classical concert afterward, I had the best time last Sunday!
    3. I'm starting to think the guy I love loves me too.
    4. I have a ton of ideas for new hubs.
    5. I'm getting a new shower, as soon as the manufacturer's broken part comes in.

3. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 9 years ago

Love this thread!

1. Having great ideas about hubs to write.

2. It's raining which makes me so happy.

3. Everyone in my family is healthy.

4. Drinking a Cranberry Sprite and it's delicious.

5. I think my fractured foot is finally on the mend!

4. Lionrhod profile image78
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

Published THREE hubs today. My first hubs on HP, (All part of a series.) Two made QAP almost instantly, the last is pending, but I'm positive.

5. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 9 years ago

1. It has stopped raining (rare in the UK!)
    2. Wife and I took a stroll around Porchester Castle
    3. Porchester Castle goes back to Roman times and is surrounded on 2 sides by the Sea (fabulous views!).
    4. I then dug up a huge shrub and re-landscaped part of the garden (and still no rain!)
    5. Wife's supper awaits.  Yum Yum!
    6. Now making payout EVERY DAY on HubPages! (Not really. This is just wishful thinking!) smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image61

My infamous website is going to pass the 50,000 views mark today. I have alerted the media.

7. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 9 years ago

Two days ago I locked the keys in the car miles from nowhere, within seconds I was rescued by a knight in a not so shining pickup truck wielding a hockey stick (yes, he pried the door open with the hockey stick and fished out the keys with a bent coat hanger). 
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11886199.jpg

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"The story of the Knight of the Swan, or Swan Knight, is a medieval tale about a mysterious rescuer who comes in a swan-drawn boat to defend a damsel,"  Wiki. Just doing some follow-up.There is something magical about being rescued...

8. Irie and Bella profile image61
    Irie and Bellaposted 9 years ago

I have a fat HubPages check coming at the end of the month - soooo happy smile

9. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I am really enjoying Weebly.  No more HP rants from me.

10. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

I have 905,000 views, happiness INDEED!

11. ALL4JESUS profile image75
    ALL4JESUSposted 9 years ago

1. Just learned about God Wink
    2. Watching the many miracles of God's paint brush with the fall colors
    3. Experienced a miracle, a God Wink moment, 9 years ago, celebrate that miracle every year
    4. Health is good, supplements of omega helping my RA
    5. Family members are in "good" chapters in their lives

12. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I'm sitting here reading the posts on this thread, and across the table sits my 87 year old Mom reading a news paper word for word.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a real blessing to both of you. I hope can still read when I'm 87.

1. colorfulone profile image79
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mom has Alzheimer's disease and cannot remember what she reads, but that doesn't stop her from reading. She loves doing word search puzzles too. smile

13. watergeek profile image93

1. Started painting my bedroom again today, now that the weather is cooling. Had a new idea and it looks great.
    2. My nephew emailed to say he's getting married tomorrow! First of that generation on the west coast. We'll party later.
    3. Same nephew suggested a 60th birthday party for my sister (his mom). I suggested my house this weekend.
    4. The cold that got me down last weekend is almost over (yay!)
    5. Last week was told I was a "real fox" by some guy on the bus, and was asked to marry by the bus driver of another bus (who told me my body looks like a 20 year old - I'm 64). Not to take them seriously, but compliments always feel good.

14. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

It's great to see so many happy people. 100 posts! Wow!

15. paradigmsearch profile image61

Blogger has a truly excellent spam filter system. I just discovered no less than 195 spam comments on an old blog of mine I had forgotten about. Not a single one of those spam comments made it to published status. Took me all of 4 clicks and all gone.

16. Cynthianne profile image61
    Cynthianneposted 9 years ago

LOL!!! Oh, I loved your positive,happy thoughts. They made me laugh. My happy thoughts are:

1. Cloves smell good

2. My cat did not kill me in my sleep, although he threatened it.

3. My dog loves me even if I accidentally stepped on her tail.

4. The sky is blue, as opposed to say...green and slimy.

5. Stew is good!

These are not near as funny as yours but they are what came to mind right now.

17. Cynthianne profile image61

My forum comments are not showing up. Testing, testing...maybe I missed something.

18. Cynthianne profile image61

Well, it showed up this time but I can't remember what I said before. It seems like Monday all day today, even though it is Wednesday.

19. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

I read Tillsontitan's "39th Annual Academy Awards" and it brought back some nostalgic memories. Great hub.

20. Arachnea profile image65

I'm going to try to do the NaNoWriMo thing this year. I have a story I started a few years back and never worked on.

21. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I am very happy about summer being over.  However...I would take the heat over the cold any day because I just was not made for cold climate weather.  The rain that we've been getting is nice and cool and refreshing; but, I think I wanna go back to warmer weather now.

22. watergeek profile image93

I've joined the Big Choir now and last night was my first rehearsal with them. I did better than I thought I would on the first night. The music is interesting and there are some really nice people in the choir. I'm jazzed (the music is classical).

23. Iris Draak profile image60
    Iris Draakposted 9 years ago

It's a Thursday.  Thursday's are the days I get to walk with my dad during our lunch hours.  The air is brisk, the leaves are gorgeous and the company was wonderful.  Happy Thursday everyone. smile

24. paradigmsearch profile image61

A banner morning for me. I have finally decided to embark on a new project that I can throw my heart and soul into. It is well-known that finding something outside oneself that consumes one's interest is one key to happiness.

I've already bought the domain name. I've already picked the website host and began construction. The niche is something I totally enjoy and which has given me true happiness in the past.

As to its moneymaking potential, that is negligible. But I don't care. It will be fun. And who knows? Maybe it really is true that "If you build it, they will come."

Happy Daze.

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Sounds exciting.

2. watergeek profile image93
      watergeekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, paradigmsearch. And best of luck!

3. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Stretching the wings, and having fun! smile
      I hope it will be a prosperous for you, too.

25. Arachnea profile image65

Oodles and oodles of cotton candy (really pretty pastel colors) and a pinwheel. Just sayin'.

26. Arachnea profile image65

Another great NIAD day has come and gone. Can't wait until next year.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)