~What if You Try to Prove to Aborigines that a City like LA Exists~ 3

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (32 posts)
  1. God shet profile image59
    God shetposted 9 years ago

What do I think happens when we die? I think we enter into another stage of existence or another state of consciousness that is so extraordinarily different from the reality we have here in the physical world that the language we have is not yet adequate to describe this other state of existence or consciousness. Based on what I have heard from thousands of people, we enter into a realm of joy, light, peace, and love in which we discover that the process of knowledge does not stop when we die. Instead, the process of learning and development goes on for eternity.

-  Raymond Moody, from Paranormal: My Life in Pursuit of the Afterlife

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11932257_f520.jpg

My contention is that God (the entity that we popularly call 'God') is a part of reality: 'God' is real.

God created (and perhaps It is still creating) the universe the way we human beings have created 'softwares'. The core principle that underlie here is this:  that to apply our creativity ~ we need some medium ~ something 'concrete' and 'stable' that we can manipulate according to our wish. If you think about it this way:  All the good things that human beings have 'ever' come up with ~ medicine and surgery, machines, science and technology, art and architecture ~ are all 'inferior versions' of what was already there in the universe before we appeared here: the universe displays incredible precision.

We might fancy that our doctors (medical professionals) have mastered all about biology and have 'godlike' knowledge and expertise. Even a good doctor often struggles to cure as simple a physical disorder, as a skin rash. They can't cure the deaf, the blind, and an array of such disorders. The human body is such a sophisticated piece of engineering that we take this masterpiece for granted. If it were a clumsy one ~ we might have.

The entire universe is an incredibly delicate piece of artistic engineering. We take 'it' for granted because it is utterly beautiful and utterly awe-inspiring.

How did  'God'  do it:  God began with creating something like a 3D software. To successfully use a 3D software ~ It invented something like an operating system. To successfully use an operating system ~ It had to invent the necessary hardwares and the energy required to power the entire system. In brief: God had to conceive a system (from scratch) ~ think out how to build this system ~ to generate the essential data that is required to launch something like the universe. Only a 'software-like' system could provide the kind of mathematical precision that we witness all around us.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

God spoke everything into existence.
      Software !??

God shetposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've given much thought how God might have created the universe. I'm convinced - by observing the kind of perfection that everything in the universe displays - that God has done it mathematically.  Artistic mathematics.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Fascinating.  Moody believes that "we enter into a realm of joy, light, peace, and love in which we discover that the process of knowledge does not stop when we die." for no other reason than that he has talked to thousands of others (which is doubtful) that all believe the same, and all presumably base the belief on the fact that each other believes.

Now you believe, also presumably because others believe (why else post the quote?) and go on to make up new theories about creation, still without anything to support them.

What happened to old fashioned reason, logic, observation or testing before coming to conclusions?  Is imagination all we need now to answer all of life's questions?  Just make up answers, convince a thousand others to believe and therefore it must be true?

1. profile image0

Moody is well known in the spiritual world, so I'm sure he has spoken to tens of thousand.
        He's been around for years and yous. Leonard Nimoy endorsed him, and they were together once when I heard Moody speak
        I believe because of God, not man. I had never gone to church, when God revealed to me, some truths about himself

1. wilderness profile image94

Moody may have spoken to tens of thousands, but I highly doubt he has listened to that many.  Certainly Obama has spoken to millions, via TV, but listened to only a handful.

I trust you questioned those truths, and investigated then thoroughly before swallowing the tales.  You tested, both for veracity (and determined the truths came from above, not from someone's mouth) and for fact.  And when you were through testing and questioning...you ignored the questions and tests because no one can prove a god's existence but you want to believe anyway?

1. profile image0

I go by my experiences, and life, not others, thank you
            How about you, ever try to listen with your spirit?
            After years and years (About 30 or more) in the public eye, I'm sure he's listened to tens of thousands
            He held group workshops and taught, He also held one on one sessions.
            Just because you think it, doesn't make or so
            It also doesn't take away from what I know.

Even when we read scripture, we've already read many times over, we approach it on many levels

The Jewish sages identify four levels of interpretation of the Scriptures, called (pardes), an acronym formed from:
            1.  P'shat (literal meaning based on historical intent of author)
            2.  Remez (hint, allusion, analogy, allegory)
            3.  D'rash (application, exposition)
            4.  Sod (looking for the mystery, "deep" meaning)
            We are taught to investigate, and try everything. You don't have a patten on research

A closed mind is as bad as a deceived mind. I will always listen to everything, and decide for myself. At least MY mind is open.
            You think you can hide your insults, and it'll be okay

?? No insult intended; just a discussion of the differences of rationale and thinking processes when dealing with real life events vs those of religion. 

For there is a vast difference, and your post hear bears that out.  You did not indicate any testing logical inferences or observations for your religious views; just experience.  Experience wherein events are laid at the feet of a god without ever checking to see it if is so - where no tests are ever made to determine causality and the default is "God did it". 

Yes, a closed mind is as bad (or worse) than a deceived one.  And until you open that mind and truly use it to find truth instead of making conclusions based on emotion, subjectivity and desire you will be deceived by your own wants.

There is absolutely nothing "wrong" somehow with beliefs, just with trying to put them onto others.  Trying to call your beliefs Knowledge, and wondering why others don't see them that way.  Assuming that your belief is the "right" one, and somehow "knowing" that everyone disagreeing is wrong.  Communication would be much enhanced if belief is just recognized for what it is and as much veracity given to the beliefs of others as to our own.

Do you think that the human mind is capable of 'knowing' anything as it really is?

If the human mind can make up things, it can also make up truth.  It will be coincidence if the imagined is also true, but it can happen.

So yes, the human mind can also know things as they really are.  Whether we can know whether our "knowledge" is real is another matter; as knowledge is constantly growing and changing it becomes a matter of usefulness, not absolute truth.

Example: pi is known to be 3.1415.  Except it is not; it is 3.1415926.  Except it isn't; it is 3.14159265359.  Except it isn't that, either.  The point being, where does the knowledge stop being useful and become just pure knowledge that we cannot use, where the change from "old" knowledge is so slight that it just doesn't matter?

That's an impractical answer.

2. God shet profile image59

How do we determine who is 'seeing' the real thing, and who is 'getting' the unreal impression of it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)