RESOLVED: Some Hubs showing 0 views

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (39 posts)
  1. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Normally my Hubstats are consistent with my Google Analytics stats but for the past couple of days my Google statistics have been showing around 500 more views than Hubpages have been showing, is there still a problem going on with Hubpages reporting?      jimmy

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine are off too, by 1,900+ views...GA is reporting more.

1. janderson99 profile image54
        janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep same here!

2. Brie Hoffman profile image59
      Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where exactly do you look for those stats on GA that compare with HP?

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also wanted to ask this same question. How do you compare figures? By clicking the analytics button on HP?

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I followed up with our engineering team and they confirmed that there are no issues with stats at this time. 

In general, try to keep in mind that it is difficult to compare Analytics data to stats as it is most often a apples to oranges comparison (they don't cover the same time period for example)

1. jimmythejock profile image84
        jimmythejockposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Mathew, but that answer is just not good enough, I have been here for years and my stats have remained almost similar to those of google. Today my stats are almost 1500 behind Google and you cannot blame that on different times. there is a problem and it needs to be addressed I feel that you have just fobbed me of like a newbie.....jimmy

1. LCDWriter profile image90
          LCDWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree.  The discrepancy is far too wide.  Many of us are not new and know how this works.

They are stuck now so we can't compare but I'm sure the point where they got stuck were still not accurate.

Oh well, the actual money per day doesn't seem to be matching the views being reported (in that it's staying consistent).

Hopefully something will work out.  It definitely does not look like it usually does and I'm familiar with both the HP and GA statistics and how they correspond. 

I am disturbed that the indication is that there is no issue but there is nothing to do but wait.

2. EricDockett profile image96
          EricDockettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree too. Something aint right. At the time the stats froze yesterday they were way off.  The drops shown in the HP stats were not reflected in GA. Nobody expects the numbers to match, but if HP numbers drop by 1200 views overnight and remain low until the next day the trend should be reflected in GA.

All of my accounts showed various degrees of wackiness before the traffic froze up. HP showed traffic falling, where GA showed it rising. HP said my numbers were plummeting and GA said they are the best since the Panda attack.

But now its frozen up so who knows.

1. Solaras profile image96
            Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that same thing was happening with my account too.  It was on an uptick on GA, and the lowest it has been in a year on HP.  I almost passed out; then I checked GA, and felt better about life.

And while HP stats are dropping income is rising slightly.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92
            Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm seeing exactly the same.

3. rmr profile image67
          rmrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They're just not updating, Jimmy. I've been noticing this getting worse for months now. Mine currently stand at 37 hours old and getting older.

It goes up and down. Sometimes, they are reporting 7 hours before figures and at other times, 37 or 47 hours old figures. Only day before yesterday, I had the stats upto 7 hours before. So there is something wrong in updates. I hope they are looking these things and fixing them.

4. lrc7815 profile image82
      lrc7815posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to add my two cents worth because that's all I'm earning these days. 

Stats have been stuck again for two days.
      I have a new hub with dozens of comments yet shows NO views.
      It is impossible to know what is happening because you cannot compare HP to Google Analytics.
      After posting the problem several times over the past few weeks, I still feel like we are getting the run-around from Matthew who I also believe is being ignored by tech support. 
      Even my most popular hubs are not generating comments now which makes me wonder about traffic in general. 

I am frustrated and quickly losing all confidence in what we have here on HP and think the lack of a statement by the administrators and technical folks says it all.  Nobody at the top really cares.  This makes me sad because there are so many loyal and good writers here helping them make a living wage.  That's more than the rest of us are doing, I think.

5. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

After my last post, there was an issue with stats.
      Right now we are only 4 hours from real time.
      So the temporary stats delay is resolved.

2. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Mine is off about 450 with GA being a nicer number for me to look at!

1. LCDWriter profile image90
      LCDWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Someone else asked in another thread.  I panicked and thought I'd been slapped hard by Google but this does not seem to be the case.  I assume HP is aware of their problem and is working on it.

You are right. Hp are aware since beginning and they are doing their exercise in putting things right. I hope they almost solved the glitches and now it is better than a week before.

3. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 9 years ago

Ah! the weekend looms - the stats have frozen once again.

I don't understand why people are commenting like this panicking. The stats are showing only one day pending or even less than a day. They are not frozen. The are as warm as you should enjoy.

1. RockyMountainMom profile image69
        RockyMountainMomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No panic here, but mine have been frozen for about three days.  The last updated message was 30 hours + a few days ago, which caught my attention.  It seems like it used to run two or three hours most of the time.  Today is 2+ days, which led me to check for forums.
        Are others, particularly those who are seeing huge discrepancies with GA, seeing the multiple-day refresh times noted as well?
        It's interesting that hub scores keep changing during these days that views have not refreshed.

Yes. I too notice my hub scores changing all these days, where as view stats remain same for a day or two or even a couple of days. I wonder how it happens. While they are able to revise the scores and even earnings, they are unable to update the traffic analytics. Very astonishing.

Thanks.  Good to know it's larger than my account, at least.  It happened just after publishing a new hub, or might not have noticed.  It froze up shortly after....so the new hub had about twelve views and then no more.  Seemed odd that it would stop getting views after sharing it.

4. purl3agony profile image96
    purl3agonyposted 9 years ago

My HP stats have not updated for 32 hours.

Don't worry. Same with everybody.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

It's Halloween, the hamsters that they use to power the stat-counter wheels are probably out trick or treating.

6. davidlivermore profile image92
    davidlivermoreposted 9 years ago

This is very frustrating.  If they can't keep the stats working or keep them accurate, how can we trust HP for anything else?

I'm really starting to question that.

I think pageviews for payments are tracked by another company that actually pays HP for the views.  The HP counter is for "our convenience."  But decidedly inconvenient when it causes people to want to leave HP because they believe their views are plummeting when they are not.

Rely on GA and your earnings to know what is really happening.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84

You are already questioning here. No need to question separately. You will be getting all your answers and fellow hubbers' experiences also. All of us are in the same deck.

7. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Well my stats still say they are stuck at 2 days old, but the number almost doubled over night. Looks like somebody fixed something.

8. Dale Hyde profile image81
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

What we are seeing, looking back on last weekend, is a duplicate error on the stats.  Frozen again for three days and probably will thaw out sometime tomorrow, on Monday.  Must be the weekend weather somewhere that creates these issues or when staff is not on duty the hamster in the wheel stops running!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11946326.jpg

Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zebrapares/4665402492/

9. SusanSaies profile image63
    SusanSaiesposted 9 years ago

I just want to know if this situation of stats not being updated
    for 2 to 3 days at a time is the new normal.

I know Google Analytics has more authority, but I miss the convenience of taking a quick glance here to get an idea of how things are going.

10. paperfacets profile image86
    paperfacetsposted 9 years ago

I am getting about 6 views from google the last few days. That is alarming. Should I look at my Analytics, instead? I am not in the habit because I did relay on the old Squidoo stats.

11. Craftypicks profile image77
    Craftypicksposted 9 years ago

Hubs just updated stats for the first time in days. I was watching Analytics and I was OK as far as traffic. Today Hubs updated and it seems the same as Analytics. I didn't look hit for hit, but in the general average it matched.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the info! Yes, it seems to have been fixed.

Thanks, they're back  : )

Nice to see you - hope you are feeling well!

My stats are back, and as good or better than ever.  Things are up and down though from day to day.  One day is appalling (on GA) and the next delightful.  What is Google up to?

Thank you!  Nice to see you too!

I'm recovering from recent adventures---so I'm ready to feel a bit better, but can't complain.

I hope it's not too gray where you are!

As for numbers and google--they seem to be doing similarly fascinating things (day to day) outside of hub pages as well.

12. Dale Hyde profile image81
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

I concur!  The hamster was fed before Monday! smile Stats are up and running.

Great job HP!  Thanks. smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)