Hosted Google AdSense Account

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)
  1. VioletteRose profile image84
    VioletteRoseposted 9 years ago

Hi all,

I have got approved for a hosted google AdSense account for hubpages, a few weeks ago.
    But what I understand is that it only works for hubpages. Isn't it?

I have a blog on blogger platform where I do not have google adsense yet. I tried putting the adsense code from hubpages account in my blog and it shows the ads there. But then I was confused if it is against the google policies, so I removed the adcode from my blog with in few minutes itself.

And I applied for a google adsense through my blogger profile, which is using another email.
    But again, I am confused if it is against google policies? I read somewhere that you can have only one google adsense account under a payee name.

Any thoughts?

1. word55 profile image71
      word55posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe you can have one google adsense account under a payee name. I have only one Google Adsense account wherever I have my postings including You Tube videos. You did right the 1st time when you had the same code on your blog account.There seems to be no need to create multiple accounts. It would be unnecessary when you're the same payee.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image88
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Violette,

Each person can only have one AdSense account, but you can use that same account on all your blogs, websites, HubPages accounts, etc. You will most likely be rejected for a second AdSense account (since you are only allowed one per person), but it's ok to use your original one across every platform, including HubPages, your Blogger page, etc.

3. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had a similar issue recently.

Hosted Adsense accounts can only be used on certain sites. 

If you wish to place ads on another site you have to add the site to your account in your adsense dashboard, get the code and place it on your site and wait for it to be approved by Adsense, I did this a few weeks ago and am still waiting for a decision.

For Blogger blogs there is an earnings tab, under that you can see if the 'Apply' button is highlighted.  Blogger blogs need to be six months old before you can apply and I have one other which is over six months but the button is not highlighted.

As you already have an Adsense account I'm not sure if you can just ad code there.  You will probably treat it like a website which I mentioned in the first paragraph.

As others have said, don't try and apply for a second Adsense account.  Maybe try and delete the second account you created.

Here at HP, Adsense ads are automatically placed on your Hubs, you don't need to copy and paste any code.

1. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

At one time, you could go to Blogger's earnings tab and click on "already have an adsense account" and add it to your Blog there. I think that's changed, not sure. Last time I tried to add ads there, it said I wasn't eligible; as SpaceShanty pointed out; maybe after that 6 month probation, you can add ads there through the "I already have an account" thing. I have a feeling that's the deal, because the option is still there, just can't click on it.

As I think others have said, you can create ad units at your adsense account if you want to put code on a site. I haven't done this with blogger because, as I said, I don't think you're supposed to until eligible. However, I use ad units from adsense on my own sites.

VioletteRoseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you all for your kind replies! I understand it is not allowed to have more than one adsense account under the same name, I actually got an email just now from google saying I already have an adsense account.

Since the adsense account I have is a hosted account, I guess it works only on certain platforms and I really think it works for the blogger platform. If at anytime I start a website of my own, I will have to apply for a new adsense account using the same email id. Actually they have given a link to apply for the new adsense account, if you have a website of your own. In my case, since I am using the blogger platform hosted by google, I believe I can use the code there.

Thank you so much all for your replies, they really helped me to figure out what I should do on this.

1. Maina Ndungu profile image92
            Maina Ndunguposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's very dangerous to use adsense in an unpermitted way. Their system will alert them and your account might be locked up, meaning you wont earn with HP.
            Check first whether your blog is eligible for adsense. In some countries, like ours, a blog must be 6 months old to qualify for adsense. Make sure you have at least 20 high quality articles and some kind of a home page. If you are still not successful, buy a dot com domain for your blog (as low as $2 with an annual renewal of about $12). A dot com blog is treated just like a normal website even by affiliate sites regardless of whether it's powered by blogger.

VioletteRoseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for replying! Actually google is providing an option to link the hubpages adsense account with the blog under the blogger platform, and it can be easily associated. It is true that the site has to be eligible to use the adsense, but from the email I got from adsense it is very clear that I can associate my existing account. And my blog is almost near to 1 year old. Whenever I applied for adsense before, they told me I have no enough content. But this time, they emailed me saying I have an existing adsense account and there is an option to associate my blog with it.

2. religions7 profile image57
        religions7posted 9 years ago

What Christy said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)