I'm Dreaming of a (blank) Christmas

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Jacqueline4390 profile image83
    Jacqueline4390posted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11968220.jpg
    If you had the opportunity to spend Christmas anywhere in the world; just where would it be?

Jacqueline4390posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I love mountains and snow so I would love to be maybe in Switzerland or maybe in some Scandinavian country where there are beautiful slopes and the air would have a crisp, chilling feeling!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
        The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If I could spend Christmas during a warm spring day then I would not mind.

2. word55 profile image71
      word55posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm dreaming of a warm and sunny Christmas in Florida. I'd rather avoid the snow and cold for a change.

3. matkasatta profile image60
      matkasattaposted 9 years agoin reply to this
  2. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Home with my family.
    I wouldn't mind snow on Christmas day. smile

3. Kalafina profile image67
    Kalafinaposted 9 years ago

Hawaii. On a bright Christmas day!

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I'm with you smile I can't stand snow and cold

4. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 9 years ago

I would like to go back in time to a Christmas past, to my family's Christmas dinner. It was sooo good... My Mom made the best dressing (stuffing?) the best gravy on the planet.

5. profile image0
    Crisantonioposted 9 years ago

Germany! I want to be in my mother's town in Wuerzburg. I miss Christkindlemarkt. -_-

6. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 9 years ago

Oh me oh my oh…anywhere in the world?  smile

Why, I would take my grandchildren to a cozy chalet tucked on the outskirts of a brilliant town in Germany where we would sleep fireside, drink hot Chocolate in the mornings with our apple strudels and eggs, then make white paper snowflakes to hang in frosty windows, make paper doll garlands, play hide and seek, and bake cookies.  We would tromp in the snow to a local market, buy fresh bread and local cheeses/herbs for making toasty lunches over the fire.  In the afternoons we would build snowmen and meet local people in the area.  Every night we would have a little dinner using recipes from different European countries and have conversations about the peoples in them.  We would share lots of hugs and cuddles, play board games by big picture windows looking out at nighttime stars, and spend some time writing love notes to each other for sharing on Christmas Day.  However, where wouldn't be as important as who with.  smile

7. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I love the four seasons right where I am.

That photo inspires me,  Jacqueline.  I am trying to get some nice photos of a Red Fox that comes to eat the scraps of food I toss off the back porch. So far, my photos are after sunset with glowing fox eyes from the flash. A snow white background could be helpful. I would love to get some photos as good as what you posted.

Hey! If you've got some good editing software like Corel PaintShop Pro then you can really get rid of that glare. But for your background; just type into the search engine whatever you are looking for and you should find some really great shots. Also PhotoPlus by Serif has some very good editing software. The reason I mention those two is because I use them and they are very economical!

Happy Photo shooting!

8. David Stone1 profile image66
    David Stone1posted 9 years ago

Interesting question with thousands of potentially exciting answers, but for me, I'm lucky to be in my hometown, New York City, every Christmas. We can walk multiple times past the Rockefeller Center Tree and through all the holiday markets.

The department store window displays are wonderful to stroll by, and everywhere, there are seasonal concerts and the upbeat spirit of tourists adds a special dimension to the town.

I can't imagine it being better anywhere else.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

I am dreaming of a stormy, thundering, lightening and gushing rain kind of Christmas!  Lights on in our houses, curtains pulled shut, fires in our fireplaces with all the ample dry logs burning, burning…

Positive thoughts for rain in CA please.

The first time, prayers were offered for rain in CA here on a HP forum and it rained the next day. The next time I asked for positive thoughts and it rained the next day! So, if anyone wants to give the state of CA an early Christmas gift, please send prayers and/or positive thoughts for a good amount of rain this winter in California!
    (Both prayers and positive thoughts work equally well, apparently. smile)
    Thank You in Advance.

To answer the OP's question, (...which I just noticed,) I would like to spend Christmas in Austria… Yep, I would go to one of their famous health spas and chill out there.
    I would also go outside to make snow angels, throw snow balls and make snowmen under the pine trees in the forests there.  And maybe I would see a fox or two, also!

Thanks for asking.

10. profile image48
    Jumbeuhdimiposted 9 years ago

Well, I would like to share the eve with you and try to fit in with you. But that would be difficult because you have your own way of getting things done.

For me; it would be a good idea to have the taste of your world. I mean to be with you and know about your cold mountains.

Yeah, I am a pacific islander and every Christmas time like this, we usually built fire on drift wood and watching these sailing ship crossing the ocean.

And as the night becomes thicker, the stars will then mingle with the blinking of the cargo ships and my entire view is a blinking universe.

I also don't know about those who are on the ship. May be they saw my burning woods and it must be also like a blinking star to them, too.

Anyway, this is what I use to do during such events like Christmas. Yeah, and I enjoy it a lot.

You have the "heart of a writer." The way you describe things is sheer poetry. Continue to develop your style and write often. Thanks so much for sharing!

11. Thrifty-fee profile image66
    Thrifty-feeposted 9 years ago

Lapland! Has to be wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)