More sites of misrepresentation found!

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11980478.jpg
    I guess these sites of misrepresentation will just go on forever ... Tonight I just typed on Google, "Faith Reaper on Hubpages" and as I scrolled down, I found many sites that state just that, but have nothing to do with my writing or any links to my hubs.  They are misrepresenting me as Faith Reaper on HubPages for whatever reason.  It is truly disturbing.  Here are the ones I found, and then I just gave up on scrolling down further: movie swamp dot biz; hair plus dot net; and ayoping dot come ...

1. favored profile image63
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I found the same thing happened to me yesterday where websites took the titles of many of my articles and added them to their name making the link go to them and not my sites.  How are we to control this?  Could this be the reason why our traffic hasn't been what it should?  Just wondering.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi favored, it is disturbing all of those who copy and steal. These that I have found are awful being they are claiming my name but they are not me and nothing I write! So they are not using my link (s) but just my name on HP , and making it appear I have written something I have not!

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
          Shyron E Shenkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

//www.williepots.com/ray-ban-aviator-collection.html
          This site is temporarily unavailable.
          Its data and content are 100% secure. Please check back soon.
          If you own this site, please call customer support at
          (480) 505-8877.
          I went to the above site with my name on it, how do we stop this???

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's the godaddy support number.  The host, in other words, and they are saying that if you own the site you need to call them to get access.

Have they shut it down for some reason?

I hope they have if they are misrepresenting others on their site!

1. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Quite possible.  A reputable host takes such things seriously, and I've had godaddy shut down entire sites because I filed a DMCA with them.  It's part of why I usually go to the hosting company rather than the site owner.

Thank you so much, wilderness, for sharing of your success with such issues!  That is a good idea about the hosting company.  I am glad to know they take things seriously too.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Wilderness, How do I find out who is doing this, I just went to Google typed in my name and it went to a dating site with this message:
                  Agen Bwin368.Com
                  Halo bos dengan saya Devi Paramita, selamat datang di www.Bwin368.com Agen Taruhan Judi Terbaik Di Indonesia yang siap melayani anda 24 Jam Full Support! smile

That is terrible, Shyron! I have gotten to the point that I am afraid to type my name in and look.  There were just one right after the other down the line that said, "Faith Reaper on HubPages" and then it was a site not even related to me and articles that were not written by me!  This is flat-out misrepresentation.

Hugs

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

You would think Google would want this taken down if they own HP these people are taking money from Google.

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

I know, Shyron, it is so upsetting to me, just for the mere misrepresentation of oneself when a site has nothing to do with me!  I am not sure there is anything one can do to completely stop such unsettling misrepresentation and, to me, fraud!  I don't mind anyone linking any hub of mine, so that people will come back to my hub that I have written but to put in parenthesis "Faith Reaper on HubPages" when it is not me ... is just wrong.  I am sure by now, there are probably more and more sites with such misrepresentation.  Maybe if we complain to Google about all the fake sites.  I am clueless as to why they would put my user name on those sites along with HubPages when they have nothing to do with anything I write?

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Also Google Shopping >> hollister hoodies boys ngBK9Mox ...

www.luxolsportsclub.com/aspnet_client/q … iew=488798

Abercrombie e hollister importados Also, I have not received a copy of my .... Shyron E Shenko wrote a beautiful and poetic contribution words good week of Joe ...

Wow, I am scared to even look further down the Google line for anything under my hubber name and HP!!!

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Google Shopping >> hollister clothing store at morgantown ...

www.gozo-jesus-center.eu/images/gculmx.asp?view=518043

Shyron E Shenko wrote a beautiful and poetic contribution words good week of Joe in God's gift of energy. Constantly badge holders SUPERFAN to post a ...

Best quality chanel 1112 handbags replica for men On Sale ...

www.panmaktravel.com/Start/chanel.asp?c … 2...for...

Rating: 4.9 - ‎56,966 reviews
          Shyron E Shenko 3 months ago Hub Author Dear Jen, I could never forget you dear friend. See all 5 photos Free photos A Dream or Reality. In the end, it was a ...

Morning read: Wednesday, August 21 | HLNtv.com

www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/21/syria- … ons-claims

HLN

Aug 21, 2013 - Shyron E. Shenko · Ranger College. Why? When Trayvon Martin, who looked and acted suspicious was shot, by a man, who claimed he was ...

Why Love Literally Hurts - Association for Psychological ...

www.psychologicalscience.org/.../...

Association for Psychological Science

Feb 2, 2013 - Kross, E., Berman, M. G., Mischel, W., Smith, E. E., & Wager, T. D. (2011). ... Comment by Shyron E. Shenko on January 8, 2014 @ 4:27 pm.

Wowzers, Shyron!  Do you ever remember commenting on any of those sites?  That is scary!

Never been to any of these sites and I am sure I am the only Shyron Shenko in the whole world.

Yikes!  Yes, that is a one of a kind name and so they are misrepresenting you as someone who has been to their sites!!!

It looks that way. I have reported this to HP.  There are dozens more than the ones I just showed you. I am glad you mentioned this.

They could not even get the "Good Word" they called it good week joe

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

That is why I am even afraid to look further, just knowing there will be an endless amount ... See, that is what I mean, they are not even getting your words correct. They put quotes around words in the ones I saw on Faith Reaper and those are not my words or even a topic I have written about!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)