It says the stats are updated, but they are not

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (55 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image76
    CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years ago

After three days of no updates, this afternoon  I saw the message that the data was updated five hours ago, and now I see they updated two hours ago. EXCEPT IT HASN'T UPDATED!  The numbers are exactly the same as they have been for the past four days now including one that has zero views but has been getting comments over the past four day. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've totally lost interest in writing. I'll write for my blogs.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, experiencing the same. Looks like updates/changes are causing a lot of technical issues. I understand how you feel, Catherine.

1. MarieLB profile image74
        MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have read, I have listened to as much as I can fit in one day and I am aware that I do not have the experience to make a statement, however, I cannot deny that what is happening now is sapping all my enthusiasm.

Just like CatherineGiordano says, my stats say that they are updated from 2hrs ago, but the views have been static for FIVE or SIX DAYS now, and Admin are neither acknowledging this nor fixing it.  It is like fighting the wind. 

The hubber scores go down but nothing else moves. 

I have said before that my analytics page has been corrupted but neither Google nor Hubpages seem to care to help.  And how do I know whether I will get accredited with these views in future, or whether they 'go with the wind'.

I have also noted that these complaints seem to surface again and again, months and years ago.

So again I ask how long is "Soon"?

2. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am beginning to lose count of how many days it has been.  I wanted to know so that I can at least kind of guess where I might be based on past days that have been counted.  That way, when it updates, I can compare to what I expected to what it shows. 

What is strange is that if we go to earnings, there is an amount there, that is based on views, correct?  If there are no views counted, how is an earnings amount there, even if it has an asterisk? That would have to be based on something I thought.

Where exactly did it say things were updated, and did they mean our stats when they said that?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
        Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

On your 'my account' page, there should be a little note at the top that says something like: "includes data up to three hours ago" .

Has anyone checked any of your hubs for stats and looked at the graphs? I have not done that. I really do not worry about stats unless my earnings are frozen. But, I will go check some of my hubs and see if there is any current info on stats.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Well, I opened one hub to check stats and last Google crawl was 10 hours ago.  However, when I closed the hub again and came back to the news feed page, my hubber score dropped by one point. I am not going to check any other hubs.

Stats frozen for 3 or 4 days and I am not going to panic - it happens.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image76
        CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My earnings were increasing, but have not changed in past two days.  What is driving me up the wall is that it says it is updating when it is not.  That makes it worse than just not updating at all.  I use those updates to see which hubs I need to promote. Also for personal satisfaction.  It is nice to see the numbers growing.

3. neosurk profile image86
        neosurkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Those views are ad views, so they are pulled directly from the advertisers. So they don't have any relation with the delayed stats.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

It is a very frustrating issue, the stats. If they spent less time on trying to make us look pretty and more time on fixing problems it would be much more efficient.  I appreciate that they are trying to make the hubs look nicer, but, come on! Like Cardisa said in another thread on this same issue: please fix the old problems before implementing new things.

There are so many complaints on the stats issue, we should give HP staff some tokens of faith that they will come through for us and cheer them on. They are trying.

4. Venkatachari M profile image82
      Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Nothing updated. It tells that stats are prior to 100 minutes and before but figures are showing the same number of views for daily, monthly and totals. Nothing has been updated. Only earnings, I think updated or changed a bit.

5. Nancy Hardin profile image60
      Nancy Hardinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Catherine Giordano, I understand how you feel too. I've been deleting Hubs like crazy and putting them on my blogs. The glitches and the "unfeaturing" have me frustrated beyond measure. I can no longer sign in and see more unfeatured, even the ones I've edited to comply with HP. And the stats not working is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

6. Thomas Swan profile image96
      Thomas Swanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, same. Maybe HP just want to increase activity on the forum! Sure worked on me smile

Thomas, maybe HP started to be embarrassed about having it read "4 days ago" so they just pretended that stats were updating. Maybe they thought no one would notice.  (Just joking)

1. Thomas Swan profile image96

Hah, perhaps, but they ain't foolin' no one round 'ere! I've seen delays up to a week before, but never have I seen them pretend they are updating! Could be that some stats have updated but not others. Don't really know, and don't care enough to worry too much about it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am just as frustrated as anybody else, but since my husband is trained in computer programming, I know how difficult tech issues can be to resolve and am sure the staff is doing what it can to correct the problem.

If you look at what has happened, you will see why this is a problem:

Huge influx of new writers
            Massive server upgrade
            Horrible hit by Panda

all within a few weeks of one another.  Could it be that the system has gone on overload due to the fact that the team is trying to compensate for the changes?

They will get this worked out, even if they have to bring in some extra tech people to help, because although this is our bread and butter, it is theirs, too.

That premature announcement was a mistake, not an attempt to placate anybody or hide anything.  I am certain the team thought they actually did have the problem fixed.

Personally, I have always felt that this is one of the most clever writing sites and most technologically helpful I have ever seen.  I love writing here and know these glitches will pass.  Let's cut the team a break, OK?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
              DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that call to act reasonable, TT2. It is not ridiculous nor is it the end of the world.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Good on you, TT2 !

Catherine and everybody, I do understand your frustration and hope that all turns out well for everybody. TT2 has some very good thoughts to think about.  Maybe a little encouragement for the team will help them to move along and do what they have to in order to fix the problem.

Go Team! http://x.hubpages.com/x/hubpages_120-60.gif

3. Thomas Swan profile image96

Of course. You don't need to tell me smile

4. Venkatachari M profile image82

I agree with you. Definitely they must be putting over all their efforts and knowledge in solving the issues.

But, why they are allowing the message there on your stats page that everything is okay and your stats are updated only prior to one or two hours back. This message should be removed or corrected so that it may not send panic signals to the hubber members here.

7. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am having this problem, too. How can a hub have less views than it has comments? There is definitely something wrong with the stats and/or the formulas behind the totals.

8. chateaudumer profile image83
      chateaudumerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My views have not been updated for the last 4 days.

9. Venkatachari M profile image82

Why do they say that stats are prior to 106 minutes ago and earlier? They are actually back four or five days ago data. So the administrator should look at this message of the machines, if not humans and stop it from feeding wrong information.

10. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here, its the fifth day fir me and no changes yet

11. mio cid profile image60
      mio cidposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anybody is excited about writing here right now with this unacceptable update situation.

12. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is currently an issue affecting stats on the site.
      We are working to resolve it.
      We will post in the following forum when it is resolved.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2678965

Thanks for your patience!

I thought that after 5 days they were working OK today. I guess this comment means they are still not working right. (Sigh)

2. nanderson500 profile image79
    nanderson500posted 9 years ago

Yeah, this is really getting ridiculous. There's no reason why they should be frozen for this long.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 9 years ago

The HP stats sticking, for sure it is not the end of the world.

But it is annoying that:

1.  The issue has been declared "resolved" when clearly it is ongoing.
    2.  It doesn't look good for HP's image when there are so many issues with the stats.  Let's hope the stats can be sorted out and we can move on.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Like you said, it isn't the end of the world.  It is frustrating, but it just gives us more time to quit focusing on the stats and get to writing more hubs!  The views are still there (sometimes more, sometimes less), as we know from our earnings and Google Analytics.  There won't be more or less if the stats page is up and running properly.  Just like the stock market, you have think of a long term strategy and not worry about daily swings anyway.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I am creating new sites so I can start moving my hubs.   Maybe another mass exodus will wake HP up.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Threatening to leave doesn't really work if you do it over and over again, Linda, and then fail to follow through each time.  Just sayin'.  smile

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

PaulGoodman:  A couple of years ago, a lot of the big writers left HP. Some took their hubs, others let hubs sit, but they stopped writing on HP.  I see another mass exodus in the future.  Holidays may create a delay, but wait til after the first of year.  The issues with the site, traffic is terrible. Those who are use to a ton of traffic, a lot of sales, earning some real cash are not going to stay here for pennies, on a site that constantly has issues.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you want to go, then go.   smile

2. Thomas Swan profile image96

I wouldn't say Hubpages constantly has issues. The stats often get delayed, but that doesn't affect our ability to use the site, our traffic, or our earnings. The stats are a bonus really. It's nice when they're updated regularly, but it's not something to get angry about when they're not. I get quite peeved when I post a new hub and want to monitor traffic closely, but if I was that bothered, I could go to Google Analytics.

I'm not sure what other issues you're talking about. I'm always paid on time, the staff are usually helpful and, most importantly, they're always trying to appease the malevolent internet god, known as Google, by sacrificing the dregs of internet society: spammers, plagiarizers, pests, and nutters by way of the `ban hammer' of justice. They use empirical means to determine the best way to place ads and the best way to arrange articles, while trying to give authors as much freedom as possible.

So, yes, I obviously like Hubpages, but I think there's good reason to. A couple of months ago, access to the site was problematic due to their server upgrade, but they helpfully explained what was going on, and it's happened only once in my two years here.

I also think we underestimate how much we've all learned from writing here. The community forum, the helpful HP emails, and the writing tips have all contributed to me learning an awful lot about how to use images, videos, titles and subtitles, key words, amazon ads, social media, and many other things in my work. It's also improved the way I respond to comments: i.e. how to recognize and respond to comment-trolls before they become a problem. It's given me a huge skill-set for writing online that I wouldn't have had without HP.

Having said all that, I'm disappointed with my progression here. I reached a good level of earnings after my first six months, but haven't improved much since then. Earnings are still getting slightly higher over time, but it's slower than I wanted. It's almost as if google has determined the level of traffic it wants to give me, and they're reluctant to give me more. I was hoping the editor's choice hubs would escape that, but it's still the same for those. I think I'm being punished for writing about many different topics, and not having a "niche".

For that reason, I'm looking at working on blogger for the moment, though, if i find something suitable for Hubpages, it will be published here. I think talking about a mass exodus is unfair though.

You make good points Thomas.  We have to keep the stats issues in perspective.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

+100,000  Very good, Thomas, on the benefits of writing for and learning from HubPages. I found out a long time ago that being so concerned about stats/traffic only brought on stress for me.  I do the best I can then push my efforts a little further.  I promote my hubs on social networks and what happens, happens. I cannot control Google or anyone, so I write and keep going forward.

1. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm not stressing over the stats not working. I believe I learned how to fly blind on another site when the stats weren't updated for 2 weeks. It wasn't worth getting upset about then either. Another thing is I have learned to have blind faith at times, knowing full well that everything was going to be just fine. 

I agree what Thomas Swan said is well said, and from a calm spirit. The only thing that is the end of the world, is the end of the world, and this ain't it. Its the internet.

6. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I'm actually having difficulty identifying the problem

My earnings have increased each day, the stats also seem to be different and the report for Google AdSense is up to date.

Maybe the glitch is only affecting some people?

1. liesl5858 profile image82
      liesl5858posted 9 years agoin reply to this

My stat have not move for the past 4 to 5 days maybe, I think we are all in the same boat, unless others hubs are updated.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12004080.jpg

1. profile image0
      OrhanGokkayaTRposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Haha this is hilarious.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image76

Wish there was a like button for that photo.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

(tips hat, takes bow) Thankew, thankew very much. big_smile

3. Venkatachari M profile image82

Very great,  to the point post. I also wish just like Catherine for a like button on it. But, be hopeful. It will get right someday.

8. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I love Hubpages, and am not going anywhere, but I need the stats to be working and correct. Google Analytics does not cut it for me.

One of my new Hubs is getting traffic from Yahoo and Bing, but Google has zero awareness of this hub.  Therefore I get no info on how its doing from Google; it is as if the page does not exist.  I don't want to have to collate stats from various search engines to know what is going on.

Please fix the stats and make them more of a priority.

9. Barbara Kay profile image72
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I hope my stats are right and not the traffic sources. My Google traffic is down farther than I've ever seen it in 4 years. If the traffic sources are right,  give up.

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Whew! It went back up. I am relieved. I meant that I give up. I didn't mean for anyone else to do that.

10. profile image0
    OrhanGokkayaTRposted 9 years ago

Yea, I am having the same issue. For some reason, page views haven't been updated.

1. MarshFish profile image90
      MarshFishposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same thing with me. My page views haven't been updated in a few days. My latest hub, the Batman TV Series Blu-ray box set review, still has no statistics gathered for it yet (all 0's). It was published on the site on Thursday morning (11/20/14).

11. profile image0

Google analytic shows that my traffic is lowering for some reason.

12. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

Also have no change in my stats for at least four days, but earnings are updated.

Not going to worry about it, although it does say that date up to 90 minutes ago is included.

I'm no good with stats or GA anyway.

13. JenwithMisty profile image70
    JenwithMistyposted 9 years ago

My stats are still stuck.  I just wish they would get stuck when they were good instead of having to look at this ridiculously low amount of 28 views for the past almost a week now.  It's really depressing.  Also, one of my hubs got unfeatured for lack of engagement but I got a comment on it the other day.  It's still showing as no views.  I don't think it's fair to unfeature a hub because the stats are stuck.

14. profile image0

Now my earnings are frozen smile

15. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Orhan: How are your earnings frozen? Earnings have not been updated today!

16. profile image0

yeah it just says, "pending"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)