I finally finished updating all of my hubs today!!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

Finally, and at last!  You may remember that at the end of August I took an overnight 90% hit for articles that were doing really well prior to that day.  At the time I had 147 hubs.  As of today, I have whittled that number down to 78...all of which are in one single niche...and have completely updated every single one of them in an attempt to raise my ranking.  As you can see from my hubber score, this has worked well, here...but it will take time to see what Google thinks.  This has been a massive undertaking, but I can tell you that it is obvious to me that this needed to be done and my work is SO much better than it was.  Just wanted to share my sigh of relief with you guys!

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image91
      MelRootsNWritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations TimeTraveler!  I made it through my first round awhile ago, took a break, and now am looking at them again.  (I only started with 80).  Right now, my traffic is terrible, but I am optimistic.  And, I hope you'll keep us posted on how your hubs are doing.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well done - hope you get the results you deserve.
      Sally

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations - that is quite an achievement.  I am glad you have been justly rewarded with a 100 hub score. I probably need to take another editing pass at my hubs again as soon as I have the time.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad that worked so well for you!  Congratulations, that has to feel really good!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

Bravo, TT2.  Now sit back and enjoy Thanksgiving week.  smile You know views will most likely take a holiday dip.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

On the other hand, Thanksgiving weekend is a time when lots of people are off work and playing around with their computers and some may be dreaming already of summer travel!  We'll see!

3. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

I remember when your traffic fell TT2, that was grim news indeed! To cut your total hubs down by half is very brave of you.  Please do keep us updated on your progress. My hub topics are all over the map, so I'd be very interested to see how your sacrifices pan out with Google. Best of luck to you.

Well, it was not easy to do because a good number of those articles had been getting decent views.  However, reworking 147 articles would have taken forever, and I strongly feel that niche writing is the wave of online writing''s future.

Although views still are not great, my CPMs have skyrocketed since doing this...which means I actually am making money!  So far, I have made payout every month since "the disaster"!  I expect it to be a very slow crawl back to what was, but who knows?

I'll be in touch.

4. Craftypicks profile image77
    Craftypicksposted 9 years ago

I moved only 40 lenses from Squidoo to Hubs. Traffic stunk on Squidoo. Even though I had around 150 lenses on Squidoo and now only 40 on Hubs my earnings have been better on Hubs by a lot. I haven't seen traffic scores in a week here, but my bank earnings go up each day. I don't plan on making new Hubs for a while. I am still settling all my articles in various places.

Many who write here seem to think that the more they write, the more they make, but I disagree.  This only works if everything you write is really good.  If all you are doing is producing garbage, the that is what you will get when it comes time to getting views and money.

Hopefully the lenses you left behind were not that great but the 40 you brought here are.  If that is the case, just work with them until you feel they are good and then add to them later.

Doing this has been a huge amount of work, and I know the Squids who came here are facing that, also.

I have often thought that if I was one of the people who transferred, I would immediately unpublish every article and then update them one at a time.  That way I would not feel pressured and would be able to produce good work...but that's just me. 

Good luck here.

5. Don Bobbitt profile image83
    Don Bobbittposted 9 years ago

HOORAH!

6. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 9 years ago

Bravo!

7. m abdullah javed profile image76
    m abdullah javedposted 9 years ago

Thats a wonderful task Timetraveller. I think everyone of us have an undying wish of updating the published hubs but you know, as far me, it looks a hurculean task, seldom find time to undertake. Your job is commendable.

8. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

Congrats, Timetraveller, that's a huge task out of the way.   Hope it
    continues to work out well for you.

9. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Good luck with it, TT2. You've obviously worked hard. smile

10. evelynsaenz1 profile image75
    evelynsaenz1posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! What a feat! smile

11. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

I am in the process of revamping my hubs.....ummmm..........

gmwilliams:  Plan on spending a lot of time to do this.  It has taken me months!  Good luck!

1. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I spent time upgrading a couple of my former Squidoo lenses last week, and brought another from my HP up to standard. This type of work is exhausting, and not fun, but I think it's necessary in order to get more traffic and keep what I have.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)