Lets all hope for just "Hope ". I have no words to add !

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12020625.jpg

2. profile image0

Note ; All photographic credit to the Oregonian  news network .

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Humankind has to evolve beyond artificial boundaries to create a better, more equitable, and humane world when everything is based upon a person's merits and what he/she has earned.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We agree on that ,  especially the artificial boundaries  created of  our media as they  fester and energize most  all cultural division   , . most issues of   racism  being among them . I posted this photo while  at the same time thinking ;  its still quite a jump from   the actual  incident in Ferguson  Mo., even to this photo ! In that , the actual creation of a racial incident is being   pretty well groomed by the media  , when in all actuality it had little to do with race relations , and far, far more to do with "selling newspapers ".     Racism in itself seems to be by media  , pretty well fed , mostly  the need to keep alive  truly   philosophical differences   , as if  divisive hatred  , rather than healing , somehow is more important  - to be kept alive ?

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agree with all, but I have to add that Portland Or is already a pretty cool place

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

...and owed: (edit: but, NOT owed by the govt.) kindness, compassion, empathy, appreciation, sympathy, help, respect as a child of God…( No fair delegating these considerations to the govt.)

3. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

Love the photo!!! It is very heart warming. So many people make race a huge issue and desire separation. It is good to again confirm that not all blacks hate whites. wink Thank you for the visual.

4. profile image0

Sometimes I really believe that 99.99999 % of us don't hate anyone  at all . Does the media  simply want a divided people?  I think so !

1. Cgenaea profile image61
      Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think you should cut your percentage by three quarters. Most of the world really hates. Its the way of the world. The media can only do so much.
      The "real" government wants a divided people... good crowd control.

2. profile image0
      ikarouchiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In such way , you are right , cuz each person has a little of goodness in his heart , I respect your opinion anyway ,but let's be a little realistic , this percentage can't exist except in heaven big_smile maybe 65% good people and the rest for bad ones ( this percentage can change depending on which kind of people you attract more , or how you feel and think about people ....if you didn't get it , you can google for  "law of attraction" it explains it all  smile  ).

I respect also Miss Cgenaea for her reply , that point of view can be due to bad experiences that she had with people in the past , but I think she was too pessimistic when she said to cut this percentage by three quarters , good people are still exist in this world , all what she need is to change her way of thinking about people , and she'll notice a big change in her life ... smile

5. profile image0

Hello my dear , No I don't believe in the boogeyman  that  many portray of OUR government ,---twisted and incompetent   as they may be - ,......the media though  -Yes , the hysteria  that our media constantly t promotes and fine tunes to the tenth degree is the real  culprit in  most all  of the cultural divide in America .   Its all about how many "hits " can they get . To hell with the truth or balance  or peace, love and  tolerance. .

Do you lock your doors at night??? If so, why?
      Do you lock your car door at the mall? If so, why??? Do you walk down dark alleys in the city? Do you pin your dollars to your lapel? Or wear your credit cards in the band around your hat? Are the passwords to your accounts posted on the bathroom mirror at work?

Have you gotten my drift??? wink
      Need I ask any more questions???

6. Cgenaea profile image61

Just a second ago, your pic was featured on Chicago's own WGN news... so much for the media's neglect to report anything good. They said he was crying because of police brutality, the officer asked why, then asked for the free hug.
    Whatcha think of my boogey man now? smile lol.
    (Just a joke please don't talk about the boogey man)

7. profile image0

No , there is no government conspiracy to keep us on a path to hatred ,  That happens in human nature all by itself !   Hatred in the streets , the press , the schools , even  in the churches .  Al Sharpton hates , Jesse Jackson hates ,  the media just pumps the blood along in the veins that already exist in  humanity !  You cannot blame Uncle Sam for what happens in the ghetto !

I can blame whomever I want. Lol...  have you ever heard the phrase, "Divide and conquer"? Who coined that phrase? Was it Uncle Sam; Jim Crow, perhaps???
      We agree now, human nature IS hateful, (not just the black guys yellin into the mic). wink

8. profile image0

It seems that violence  and hatred is by  far . to complicated an issue , we want to blame the easy target and  blame the government for not  "fixing" it ,....... the condition , element is the hardest to comprehend  or even to discuss ?   Now for instance I have chosen to love you  even though we disagree sometimes  LOL.

9. Cgenaea profile image61

I choose to love you agree or no. As a matter of fact. I didn't have to choose. Never had other options presented. Im just a loving kinda gal. smile but I do i now violence and hatred when I see/hear them.
    Are you referring to the shooter as easy target? I think the black (I mean raceless) boy was the "easy target" and came (I mean went) with no consequence.
    I think it's sad that if the cop died because of bullet ricochet, we would have buried the boy in procedings and locked him up on many charges. Not a secret jury to think about.  Public barbecue...

10. profile image0

But you see that's what can NEVER  happen , that is why the American justice system is probably the best in the world .,  Because we have evolved far and away from a "public barbecue", the days of public lynching's ,of  everyone wearing six guns to insure" justice " are behind us !?

And that is why we don't try  people in the media , we don't have  a cyber public lynching , an E- lynching if you will  , thinking all the while that we  know better than the system itself who walks free and who hangs on a pole .!

Having served on a jury a couple of different times , I have walked away rather frustrated that emotionalism and  personal supposition is as important a part of the process as law itself . In fact , I believe that more people who are guilty walk away from the  process of  trail unscathed than those who are processed into it ! ,  and  I do tend to be a conservative in my beliefs  of law and order .

In the Ferguson case , the cop IS being tried in a  vastly uninformed public  forum in spite of the facts themselves ,  Yet that IS the way of public forums isn't it !    " Hang him high " , Why ? Because he seems guilty !  No , that's never going to be the way of justice in America -- Again !   

The human element in almost all controversy demands  answers to our emotional fears ,  our angers  and our confusions ,  Yet once you walk into a jury room  we must leave all those human  frailties behind  and I'm more than sure that grand juries do just that , for the most part .

I sure am glad you're a "loving kinda gal " ,  That in itself makes you awesome !  And  a great part of the necessity  of public debate .,  Here's a human  element  for you , In spite of all the emotion and  political debate in this issue ,  of the fact that I believe the shooting was more than likely  justified , I still see the  eye's of a young boy in the photo's of Michael Brown  . There is the real tragedy - That such a  beautiful young man has to die because of  his  questionable upbringing .and because of  the grey area's in right and wrong  of inner city, anti-social  sub-cultural  lifestyles .!

Surely you mean, no public e-lynching for anyone we deem worthy enough. Because Michael Brown, and "his upbringing" have been raked over imaginary e-coals, continually, so that we may justify his death. And exonerate his killer of any responsibility for that.
      Are grand juries inhuman? Do they make mistakes? Do they ever get their decisions overturned?  Sorry for bringing old wineskins  to your new wine. smile We may discuss it over at peoplepower's "...racial creep?"
      There is hope. But it lies within the fluidity of "liberty and justice for ALL." The systems still seem slanted. And we MAY all just get along. But a few of us feel a bit too lofty for mingling. I mean, those of you/us who were "raised right" like to feel a bit too good for the rest of us... we make decisions based on that.
      I wonder how "good" Darren Wilson was raised...I have a clue, but... wink

11. profile image0

I believe what we all must do is to look at real statistics !  And then !  In the end ,  decide if  One , African Americans are only eleven percent of our population , are they only then responsible for eleven percent  of  all crime , of  all drug abuse problems , of  all domestic violence , of   all people on the social welfare system ? Of the populations  of the  inner cities ?  Lets be fair ,  All fairness in race relations   has to be supported by statistical  equations ! Not just that which media choses to imbellish by  hyper- hysteria !

12. profile image0

While I agree we have to change it ourselves ,  I still believe there is far greater good than evil in us all !  okay..... okay !     89%  give or take a couple !

13. Cgenaea profile image61

The laws of attraction are valid points. Black people attract police like... well we know. wink
    Pessimism can be the result of having been dogged out by a system supposedly set up to help.
    A change in the way I think about people will never depend upon numbers,  but my interactions with them.
    To my relief, I have no pessimistic views about any group of people,  ESPECIALLY blacks. I know them.
    I even have a certain amount of hope for white police officers sent to serve and protect my kind, without micro/mismanagement and disrespect.
    A big change in my life???... wink
    Thank you, no... My life's ok, but I pray that you see at least one big change in yours.

14. profile image0

Whats "that one change in mine "?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)