Just Hit My 5 Year Hubpages Anniversary - When Did You Join HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (68 posts)
  1. easylearningweb profile image86
    easylearningwebposted 9 years ago

I just received an email from HubPages that today is my 5 year anniversary on HubPages! When did you join HubPages and are you a Happy Hubber?

I can't believe it's already been 5 years. Joining HubPages has definitely changed my life in a positive way, allowing me to network with other writers, practice and perfect my writing and understand a lot more about how to write the best online content. I'm still learning and as I write this, it is day 4 of my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge. It's taken me 5 years to embark on my first 30 day challenge.

For as long as you have been a hubber, has your experience been good :-) or bad :-(  ? Please share your HubPages experiences!

1. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your 5 years! Keep up the good work on the 30 day hub challenge. I hope you succeed in all your work here.

easylearningwebposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you PhoenixV! I honestly cannot believe it has been 5 years, I guess time does fly when you're having fun. I didn't plan the challenge in time for my anniversary, but it's funny how things happen.

Good luck and success to you as well! I'm crossing my fingers that HubPages prospers for all of us in 2015. :-)

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Happy anniversary for your 5 years! smile

Thank for the anniversary wishes, Examiner!

I'm hoping readers post their Hubpages experience and how long everyone has been hubbin, it's a bit different now than when I first started as a hubber.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60

I really like it here and have been learning since I started writing.
          Next year I will be here 2 years.

That's great to hear, Examiner! I also love HubPages and it has been my springboard to motivating me to work on larger writing projects. It also provides a lot of opportunities, and yes, I have definitely learned a lot too!

3. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

me too, this year is my 5th year anniversary, old woman here!

Oh wow, congrats to you too, peachpurple!

How have your 5 years on HubPages been for you?

4. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Easylearningweb, on your five years!  Woohoo smile  That is awesome! I have been here a little longer than that, 6.  Its been mostly good, and I am thankful for HubPages and a place to write that has so many wonderful people.  I ought to do the 30 day hub challenge, but haven't yet.  I have done something similar though, during contests long ago. Wishing you the best! smile

Hi Oceansunsets, wow 6 years, hats off to you as well. I agree with you, a great place to write and a wonderful community of writers. ;-)

5. Dorsi profile image86
      Dorsiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your 5 year mark! It's been 6 years for me now, hard to believe it's been that long. HP is where I got my Internet writing wings. For that I am forever grateful!

6. profile image57
      CL EDWARDSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to you!  I've just recently joined (8 days ago).  So far, it's been very interesting and I look forward to the future.

Welcome to Hubpages, CL EDWARDS! Good luck to you with your writing. :-)

2. einron profile image55
    einronposted 9 years ago

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you einron!

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Happy 5th year anniversary on HubPages.
    Here's to the next 5 years...CHEERS!

Thanks colorfulone, it will be very interesting to see what happens over the course of the next 5 years.

Some thoughts thinking about 5 years in the future:
      Will we stay on HubPages and if so how active will we be?
      Who will move on to write books, novels or become full-time writers?
      Will HubPages still be HubPages or might it evolve into something else?

4. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, easylearningweb. Fantastic milestone. I'm at the 2-year mark. It's been mixed but mostly a positive and worthwhile experience. I had no idea what I was getting into when I delved into this online writing madness but it has worked well in conjunction with my business goals. Five words to describe my experience: time-consuming, unpredictable, fickle, confusing, rewarding.

In other words Jan your mind is like a blender. lol

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile That's it ! LOL!

2. easylearningweb profile image86

Thanks for sharing your experiences, janshares, and I appreciate the congrats. I still cannot believe it is 5 years already. I know what you mean, I wasn't sure of the outcome, but if I had to describe my 5 years in 5 words, I have to say it has been: Exciting, Motivational, Interesting, Adventurous and Educational ! :-)

5. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

I have been here almost 2 and a half years, having joined about 6 months after the first panda rollout. When I started here everyone told me it was a dying site and the forum posts were full of people predicting the demise of HP within a few months.
    They were wrong. I do okay here in one month, and reached 1 million page views about 6 months ago. I have learned a lot about putting together articles for the internet and still manage to learn something almost every time I am here.
    Congratulations on reaching 5 years, easylearningweb! I may never catch up with you, but I certainly hope I am here as long!!!

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, an impressive milestone.
      I recently had my second anniversary - timing it almost exactly with 100,000 views and I thought I was doing OK until I read the comment from DrMark above.  Wow, that is impressive for two years.work.
      Glad you are still enjoying it after five years.

Thanks, Sallybea, This is such a great community of enthusiastic writers. It's nice to share experiences. In 5 years, it will be interesting to see where we will be at that point. :-)

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It sure will be, thanks for the follow.

2. easylearningweb profile image86

Thanks, DrMark1961, your hubber score of 100 is very impressive. I reached that once and I was on cloud 9, but that was a couple years ago when I was a bit more active. I'm getting more active now and my 30 hubs in 30 days challenge (which I started Friday, so I'm on day 5 as we speak) is underway and so far, I'm excited with the results and I appreciate everyone's support.

6. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Congrats on 5 years and counting! 

I have been here 22 months, and am at a little over a quarter of a million views.  I will have to write a lot of viral articles over the next two months to catch up with Dr. Mark lol.

Thanks for the congrats, Solaras!

Wow, a little over a quarter of a million views, hats off to you? How are able to drive so much traffic to your hubs? I need a bigger fan base...I'm trying but I think a lot of us can benefit from any and all tips you would like to share.  Thanks!

1. Solaras profile image94
        Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I have any fans haha.  Pinterest, Google+ and Stumbleupon send me some traffic, but mostly its from Google.  Google+ seems to be gaining some momentum right now, and I am surprised by some old shares that are still getting likes or +'s.

Thanks Solaris. I don't use Stumble upon. I started a little on Pinterest but didn't have the time. Same with Google+ but I will be more active now. I'm glad to hear that about Google+, I'll keep that in mind, thanks again.

According to GA I have the most views from Pinterest and I know that I have the most followers there - and they keep growing.

Wow, that's impressive. I'm not that familiar with Pinterest so if you can let me know some tips to get started that would be most appreciated, thanks!

Sure, I wrote a about it so just let me know and I will try to help.

Do you have an article or home page that you wrote about it? To be honest, I gave it a try in past, and I did post a picture on it once but I just didn't get the whole concept, and it seemed that it would just be another time consuming app where I had to try to drive traffic to it. So far I'm using LinkedIn as well as a business Facebook page, a computer blog and a computer learning website to try and link common topics together.

If you had to sum Pinterest up in one sentence as to the main benefit and how to gain traffic that would be really helpful. I want to make sure its worth my while. Thanks.

easylearningweb,
                    I wrote an article about it explaining many things. I post my Hubs and other Hubs which I read on there. I am a member of LinkedIn but I never thought of them as a social site and have not posted anything there. I have not joined Facebook because I heard that it was changed from what it used to be.

Sum up Pinterest in one sentence. Ummm.
                    When I started there I thought it was only photos but people also read the articles, I look at the photos and pin both serious and funny ones, I select the right ones and people like or pin them or follow me or my boards.

2. Solaras profile image94

Hi Easylearningweb - I think Google+ is very easy to get going on.  You can sign up using your current Google account information and easily join boards for home schooling, parenting, special ed, just start posting, commenting and liking other's posts.  Post your link with the referral tracker, and like a few or bunch of things of interest to you.

When you use the referral tracker link, you can select any image in your hub to display as the hub image; this way you can do multiple postings with out looking like you are spamming the boards. Always give a lead in - like, "this is helpful for teaching kids xxxx."

Once every two weeks or so, I select an article or two to share across my G+ communities. It takes about an hour of time to share it on 8-10 boards and interacting with the other posts on each board (a relatively small time commitment), but the rewards keep coming in over the months. I write in the pet industry, so liking cute photos of pets is fun.  I also have an educational toy I promote, so I am member to several Education communities. They are open to looking at links and new info for new games and teaching ideas.

Wow, thanks Solaris, I appreciate the tips. I really have to get back to Google+.I got turned off in past because instead of letting me use my business name Easy Learning, it wanted me to use my real name. I have to try it again and just set it up and go with it. I appreciate all information about links etc. This is a big help, thanks again!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Solaras,
      What do you write about which brings so much traffic?

7. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Hi easylearningweb,
    I too reached my five year anniversary on Hub Pages this year. Congratulations to you!. Honestly joining Hub Pages has been the best move I made. I wasn't very active for the first three years but have certainly made up for that in the last couple. I have just had my first short story accepted for publication which is great as I have mainly concentrated on poetry until recently. Despite a few ups and downs this has been a very positive experience over all. I love writing and this provides a wonderful outlet. Good luck with your 30 hubs in 30 days challenge and the next five years.

Hello Jodah, Congrats to you as well on your 5 years and for having your short story published. I'm excited to say that I will have two short stories published in a book next year.

I agree with you that joining Hubpages was a great move and opened more doors for me.

Good luck to you as well!

8. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! I will be 4 years in a few months.

Thanks Thelma, and congrats to you on being a hubber for 4 years.

Thelma and Deborah and others who have been a hubber 4 of 5 + years, it's nice to know others who are staying and not going...I have faith in HubPages.

9. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 9 years ago

Congratulations

I've been on Hubpages a little over five years

Thanks for the congrats, Deborah, and congrats to you too!

10. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

A little over two years ago, and I've deleted about a third of the hubs I've written due to immaturity in understanding hub scores.

Hi Marie, You have a great hubber score. Glad you've been with HubPages for over 2 years, and hope I've motivated you to write more hubs!

11. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

I'll be 1&1/2 years by December 26th. So far, I feel that HP is partial to poetry and spirituality. But Congrats on your 5th. Celebrate! Write us something about brotherly and or sisterly love... That's what this hateful world needs now.

word55 - happy to hear that you will be on HubPages for 1 1/2 years by end of this month. Keep on writing!

dilipchandra12 - glad to hear that you reached the same milestone recently! The more writers we have, the better.

DrMark1961 - I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you very much for your recommendations about Pinterest. I will definitely look for info written by WryLit in regards to Pinterest images, and as you recommended, I'll check that out while I am still in the midst of my 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge.

Many thanks!

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your anniversary. I am here over 6 years here and it's been a great learning experience!
        big_smile

Thanks, Staci, and hats off to you for being here for over 6 years! It has been and continues to be a great experience for me as well. :-)

12. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 9 years ago

Congrats to you smile I reached too the same milestone recently....

13. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 9 years ago

Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me!  smile  Lots of changes over the years, but learning is good.  Some neat comments to peruse hereā€¦  Have fun in your 30 Day Challenge!

14. profile image53
    theundeliverablesposted 9 years ago

I am a first timer as from today! I'm looking forward to exploring and delving deeper! How far does the rabbit hole go...

Hello Undeliverables, and welcome to HubPages! The rabbit hole goes on and on...HubPages, the community of writers and hubs continue to grow. Let's hope for success and prosperity in the new year. Good luck to you in your writing. :-)

15. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

Congrats easylearningweb!  I'm also a 5th year hubber.  I joined in late Sept. 2009.  I feel like I've grown so much in various ways since joining.  HP feels like family to me.  It's kind of amazing how friendships and relationships develop on a site like this.  It started for me as a way to earn extra money and develop my writing skills.  I wanted a place where I could write about topics that interest me.  What I found was much more than I anticipated.  The wealth of information and interesting hubs always reminds me that HP is a global website with a far reaching global audience.
    Things definitely have changed throughout the 5+ years.  Going through the first Panda was an interesting experience.  The switch to subdomains was exciting.  I think one of the most valuable things for me is that I love learning, so I like reading about SEO and writing online.  I don't publish as much as I used to because I don't want a lot of hubs to maintain.  I do updates and add freshness periodically.  To this day, my older hubs are still the ones that bring most of my traffic.  Not entirely, but I have found the newer ones don't take off as well as the older ones did.  It's not as easy as it was years ago, but I love it here and look forward to seeing what the new year brings.
    Happy hubbing.

16. oceansnsunsets profile image85
    oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years ago

Thank you!  I am sure the best is yet to come! smile

17. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 9 years ago

Congrats on completing 5 years on Hubpages. I joined almost 4 years back and my experiences have been both good on the whole. I'm glad I found this site.

18. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Well done on your five years.

I have been here 4 years. That time has included a range of experiences from delight to disappointment.  HubPages taught me about writing for the internet and a bit about myself too.

After all that time I still don't know if I can make any money at it. Not ready to call it quits yet.

1. Solaras profile image94

How is your personal blog experiment going?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am enjoying myself - learning, playing, creating and dreaming.

19. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

"When Did You Join HubPages?"

It was a cold and rainy morning. Thunder rumbled in the distance. My monitor flickered; suddenly a website  appeared. "HubPages," it said.

I gazed at the screen as it continued to flicker....

[To be continued by someone else. Or not.]

20. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 9 years ago

Congratulations on your 5-year anniversary.   smile

My 7th just passed.  I like the site,  It's been a good experience. It occurs to me that I could say I'm going through something of a Seven-Year Itch in recent times; but there are complications involved, so saying "Seven-Year Itch" is more a matter of taking advantage of the opportunity to use it as a joke while it applies in some ways.  For the record and for what it's worth (or not worth), this is the site that I favored and stayed with long before a lot of the others made certain types of changes before those sites folded (or whatever) one at a time and in fairly rapid succession.   

Working on my own overhaul here, but I like the direction HP seems to be taking these days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)