Let's play a game. In your estimation, name who is/are the UNHAPPIEST

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (97 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12054815.jpg
    people in the world:

For example: 
    envious people

2. profile image58
    Jacob batesposted 9 years ago

Probably Rumplestiltskin I guess that's how you spell his name.

1. bethperry profile image84
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol I'd be unhappy too if I had a name like that. And who the heck wants to be called Rumpy for short? Or worse, Rump.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

((( lol Rumpy Stiltskin)))

The unhappiest people are those who have never known peace within.
        Children are born with peace within them and a joy of life but adults can bombard these.
        We must recognize, respect and protect a child's natural sense of peace and joy.

3. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I would tend to think that comedians are often more unhappy than not due to their use of people's personal experience in their public showings.  I know a lot of comedians are really good at what they do; but, it seems to be that for someone to poke fun at someone else's misfortunes makes the person doing the "poking" seem insecure himself/herself.  I'm just saying; but, I also understand that that is not the case all the time.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

People who complain all of the time and never see the bright side nor have any patience in life.

5. tlcs profile image61
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Definitely people who are jealous of you because you are happy!

6. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 9 years ago

The hopeless..."A man will endure anything...if he has hope;Without it,the wait of a feather is to much to bare"~D F~

7. WillStarr profile image80
    WillStarrposted 9 years ago

Atheists. They are constantly angry with God.

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Atheists are unhappy with other humans who won't stop trying to force beliefs on them.  They are quite unconcerned with God.

1. Asa2141 profile image65
        Asa2141posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is impossible to "force" someone into ANY belief.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
        The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Atheists do not believe in any God and are unhappy because others will not believe in what the atheists are trying to force upon everyone else.
        They are also unhappy because they say that they have no religion but the truth is that they do. The problem eats at them inside because cannot explain it.

1. John Holden profile image59
          John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a very twisted and bitter view of atheists! Was your mother scared by one while she was carrying you?

As you might gather, I'm one very happy atheist who has never, ever tried to force anybody else to share my lack of belief in a fantasy.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

I cannot tell you what was going on while I was inside and she did not mention anything to me afterward, so I do not know.

I apologize. Since I am not one myself then perhaps I should have said 'some' or 'a few' because atheist or non-atheist we are all not the same in our ways.

3. WillStarr profile image80
        WillStarrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The only humans who try to force their religion on you are Muslims. With them, it's either submit or die. Christians know that God gave us all free will, so it's up to each of us to either accept or reject Christianity. We never try to 'force' anyone. That's a claim atheists always employ, but it's simply not true.

8. Asa2141 profile image65
    Asa2141posted 9 years ago

I would say people who are obsessed with what others think of them. You see it in Hollywood celebrities. I know when I was addicted to Facebook, I was addicted to what other people thought of me. My happiness hinged on that euphoric feeling of being popular. I was very unhappy before I got rid of all my social media back in 2011.

9. lisavanvorst profile image62
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

People who are naturally negative and pessimistic are unhappy. It is like the expression "Misery Loves Company".

10. gmwilliams profile image84

Oldest children are the UNHAPPIEST, because they were dethroned by successive siblings, had to give UP their childhoods & adolescence in order to be adults before they were ready, and many had to be second parents instead of enjoying their childhoods.  They also had to ALWAYS put other's needs before THEIRS.  They had to postpone, even forgo their goals in order to be of service to their parents and siblings.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12056462.jpg

11. gmwilliams profile image84

Poor and impoverished people are the UNHAPPIEST.  They live at a primitive level socioeconomically w/o access to quality food, health care, housing, and education.  Poorly educated people fall into the same category in most instances.

1. Kiss andTales profile image62
      Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That may be true in some cases ,but there are different levels of poverty
      Like there is in being wealthy. Some people are rich, some people are filthy rich.
      But I try to keep in mind the words of King Solomon .who was more then rich or filthy rich.
      Reference Bible Ec 2:11 And I, even I, turned toward all the works of mine that my hands had done and toward the hard work that I had worked hard to accomplish, and, look! everything was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing of advantage under the sun. 
      Ec 2:8. I accumulated silver and gold for myself, the treasures of kings and of provinces. I gathered male and female singers for myself, as well as what brings great pleasure to the sons of men—a woman, yes, many women. 9 So I grew great and surpassed anyone prior to me in Jerusalem. And my wisdom remained with me.
      Reference Bible Ec 2:10 And anything that my eyes asked for I did not keep away from them. I did not hold back my heart from any sort of rejoicing, for my heart was joyful because of all my hard work, and this came to be my portion from all my hard work. 
      Reference Bible Ec 2:11 And I, even I, turned toward all the works of mine that my hands had done and toward the hard work that I had worked hard to accomplish, and, look! everything was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing of advantage under the sun.

12. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

Troublemakers are unhappy people.  Because they are negative, they can't stand to see others happy or successful.  Jealousy runs like a river through their veins.

13. gmwilliams profile image84

Passive people who are victims of life instead of being proactive, accountability, and taking responsibility for their lives.   Haters, negaters, and other types of negaholics who are quite poisonous and toxic!   People who are crabs in a barrel, HATERS GALORE!

14. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 9 years ago

I'm not a big fan of lumping people into any category of any kind, and then making assumptions about them.  Enjoy the game, though (and I don't mean to come across as self-righteous). l It's just that - game or not, and interesting (and maybe even "enlightening") as it may be to see the kind of things people think about any group/category of people; I think there's also something to be said for not just skipping this game and finding a thread I like better, and instead not remaining "quiet" about what it is I don't really like about it.

On the other hand (and in fairness to this "game"), there is also something to be said for bringing out into the open the kind of automatic assumptions or reasoning that people use when they assume one or another thing about any group/category of people.

Sorry.  Ignore me.  I've got "issues" with this in my personal life, either because I belong to one category or another, belong to too many categories, or just throw people off in general.

15. SylviaSky profile image92
    SylviaSkyposted 9 years ago

People who have just realized they have been cheated out of hundreds of dollars by a fake psychic.

gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Besides being the UNHAPPIEST, they are also the STUPIDEST. Must be real here!

Reference Bible 1Ti 6:17 Give orders to those who are rich in the present system of things not to be high-minded, and to rest their hope, not on uncertain riches, but on God, who furnishes us all things richly for our enjoyment; 

Mr 10:23 After looking around, Jesus said to his disciples: “How difficult it will be for those with money to enter into the Kingdom of God!”

Mt 13:22 As for the one sown among the thorns, this is the one hearing the word, but the anxiety of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 

Reference Bible Mt 19:24 Again I say to YOU, It is easier for a camel to get through a needle’s eye than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God.” 

That was the case then and it still is.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

Who wrote the Bible? It has been rewritten so many times that how do you know which one to turn to?

Examiner Good question will post details to you soon.
            KT

16. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

The hopeless man/woman is unhappiest. They go through life without a reason to live.
    Poor people find happiness in little things. You do not miss what you never had.
    Since there is a superlative on happy. I guess that 1 will do...
    No sense trying to slick a point across by adding people who forget who they are/where they came from; attempting to fit in with others who seem better than self. Much better.

People who are mired in the scarcity/poverty mentality are UNHAPPY.  Rationalize being poor all you want, poor people who struggle from day to day AREN'T happy.  Please DON'T kid ourselves regarding the issue at hand!  No right thinking poor person is happy!  This is REALITY!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11855646.jpg

1. Cgenaea profile image60
        Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was poor and happiest. smile
        They who follow him find joy and peace that some people of this world do not have a chance at.
        Money clouds the issues. And plenty of it, can be blinding.
        ...have you thinking that one may be "happier" if they had just a few more dollars, and extra stuff.
        It is the trick, most tricky.

So you would rather be poverty stricken?  Really, inverse logic at its best!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9152283.jpg

No, Grace.
            I'd rather have money. But I know that it will not make me a "happier" person. Just better equipped to vacation, Bahama style smile

17. gmwilliams profile image84

Judgmental people.
    Narrow minded people.
    Authoritarian people.
    Bigoted people.
    Envious people.
    Underachieving people who refuse to use their highest potential, living a vicarious life through more successful and famous people.
    People who make excuses ad infinitum.
    People who sabotage others either covertly or overtly because they feel threatened by those others.
    EVIL people.

Wow! It seems that bitterness (unhappiness) has seeped into your posts. Have you mentioned the unhappiness you feel???
      It's therapeutic... and it might feel better to release.

Judgment of poor/black people is telling...
      Oh!!! You did mention judmental. So maybe there's hope.
      The "STUPIDEST statement"'you made earlier, was evil sounding. 
      You ok???

I am FINE INDEED!

18. Cgenaea profile image60

Ok...

Posted the thread with the sole purpose of making people think.  This ISN'T the usual games thread.  I LOVE to make people THINK OUT OF THE BOX so to speak!
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12040624.jpg

Yeah. "Making people think" about what YOU like???
        You and I are two Black women. Probably from the same class. And most likely, have the same education. And we could not be further apart in thought.
        Does that automatically make ME wrong, in your mind?
        The way you speak, speaks...
        Now, if you wanna highlight the way I speak and continue to throw labels that degrade and diminish; I have no problem wit dat. wink
        Let it out. But, what goes up... uh, you know cliches right???

19. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 9 years ago

The unhappiest are materialists who must have more and more to feed their unfulfilled spiritual lives.

-1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-we DO live in a MATERIAL world.  One must be a materialist to live a civilized life or he/she will live in..........POVERTY.  Poverty ISN'T noble nor a good thing.  Poverty is socioeconomic hell.  There is NOTHING WRONG with wanting ........MORE.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12058975.jpg

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a spiritual life? If not, you are missing out on a big part of life.

2. Cgenaea profile image60

Just look at the way you write... POVERTY.
        It's like you have a thing against poor people.  Oh!!! I forgot...

Poor people are the socioeconomic D students in our society.  They AREN'T respected, they are POWERLESS, & they are OWNED/SLAVES.  NEED I say MORE!  The name of the game in this society is ECONOMICS.  Economic power means leverage, the rest is well, $%^&%$!

Somebody get my oxygen! Lol...
            Yes, let it out... you must be QUITE pained. I'm sorry.  But I'm here. With my poor and happy ass. smile you want somma mines???

I AM NOT PAINED.  Thankfully, I wasn't born poor but into a solid middle class household.  Not to digress.  Yes, I am angry because there is little excuse to be poor in America.  People are poor in America(excusing certain extenuating circumstances) because they act irresponsibly and adopt destructive patterns and habits.  I am pissed because poor people in America CAN DO BETTER but they elect NOT TO DO SO.
              http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12059067.jpg

I do not believe you. I know many who work hard and end up with nothing, but the smiles on their faces.
                I think I have a whole lot of reasons to be poor in this country. I don't have nothin. smile
                But that's temporary.
                Hate and disdain can kill you. Poor people will always be here. We outnumber the haves by many. So one must hate and sneer a long time. It causes physical sickness to match..
                How dare one to look down upon another for not having extra???
                There's a problem there. And it will fester... that one is headed for a great destruction.  Pride...look it up. Biblically, unless...

Those who worked hard and ended with nothing are acting imprudently.  They DIDN'T prepare for their future educationally and socioeconomically.  Being poor is a MINDSET which translates into being poor socioeconomically.  THINK please!   If one wants to advance and succeed socioeconomically, one CAN and WILL.  My parents DID IT, they were born impoverished, not just poor, and advanced into the middle class through education, strategizing, and working SMART, not hard.  I was taught that in order to succeed, to have a PLAN and implement a POSITIVE plan of action!

My parents inculcated in me the IMPORTANCE of doing things constructively educationally and socioeconomically!  You have got a lot to learn; I knew this at 11 YEARS OF AGE!   My late father was a Black Caribbean while my mother was from the south.  She grew up in a segregated south and STILL SUCCEEDED, there is NO excuse for people in America to be POOR.  Oh, puhleeze, stop with the victimology mindset and psychology.  I'M DONE, discussing this with you is an utter exercise in futility!

Have you ever thought that some people choose not to be greedy materialists?

2. Cgenaea profile image60

Unhappiest... thank you for the illustration. I don't think we were quite grasping the concept before.

20. Cgenaea profile image60

The extra zeroes and periods speak too.

21. Cgenaea profile image60

I think a point was made here. We have a poor person willing to give all they do have. While sneers and hisses are hurled in her direction.

Materialism is a spiritual sickness. Unfortunately. It's what creates most of the problems in society.

+1 wink

22. gmwilliams profile image84

BACK ON TOPIC NOW, NO MORE DIGRESSING!
    People who endured/are enduring abuse are the UNHAPPIEST.  No one should ever endure this egregious disrespect.
    People who are .....POWERLESS.......at the MERCY of OTHERS.......

Well your words are not encouraging people to reach high rather it is very irritating, it is like a Doctor telling a patient look at you   You are sick  ,you should be like me , very healthy, you are not trying, that is why you are sick not knowing this person inherited a sickle cell, cancer, or any other , no one wants to be sick. But it is very unkind to to remind them that they are. The doctor does his Job by helping and encouraging. You are taking a hammer and hitting your patients in the head as example. That is not helpful at all.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This response does make me rethink the question.  I cannot disagree that people who endured abuses might have a true struggle with happiness, compared to the person that didn't suffer any abuse.  On the other hand however, some of THOSE people that have been through the most, strive to rise so far above, that they seem to appreciate the goodness in life, and all the richness it offers!  They can appreciate and find happiness in the smallest of things sometimes, that someone that grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth, might not ever even consider or encounter!  Some of the most unlikely people, can be downright miserable!

The person that has been through severe abuse, might just find the joy in super simple things, and even find healing in them.  Just wanting to look at all sides of the coin.  The more well to do person that has always had it all, may have a way more COMFORTABLE life, but comfortableness doesn't equate to happy.  We just often think it does I think.  Its like a "that grass over there is so much greener" syndrome, sometimes.

Super Duper Bingo!!!
        Pain... possible bottom of the barrel syndrome at the artsy fartsy high school of "real" snobs.
        Black people, not from this country, have certain ideas about black people from this country... then they teach their children...

"We are MUCH better than they, and we have a duty to make the distinction publicly."
        Unfortunately, it makes things much harder for those children, mentally. For when you elevate yourSELF,  things go awry.

23. gmwilliams profile image84

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7612107.jpg

I AM being HELPFUL, THAT'S my STYLE.....ssssssssss
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8704749.jpg

People ARE responsible for THEIR OWN lives.  The reason many people are in dire circumstances is because they ELECT to be.  No one has to be negative if he/she DOES NOT wish to BE.

24. Kiss andTales profile image62
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

I know it was the hammar !

25. Cgenaea profile image60

Selfies???

26. oceansnsunsets profile image85
    oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years ago

Those that choose views that they want to be good ones, when they are not good ones.  This is evidenced in their trying to defend them, or having to twist  or lie about them.  Also, they go after others views they oppose, mainly using arguments that turn out to be ad hom or strawmen.  I have observed this for at least a full decade and a half now.

27. Cgenaea profile image60

Well, Kiss andTales, gm and gm (we even have the SAME initials) have spoken before.
    I don't think she's playing.

She is not playing with her methods, if you pay real close attention she always ask questions not common to regular post. Like a Doctor would in a mental profession .  Sorry gmwilliams but people are building up bad thoughts about you. When it is not so.

It's a bait. Lately, the questions have been from ideas not fully expressed in the forums. Certain points must need be fully conveyed. I know personally, two people with these views, and I understand where they come from.
        No problem for me. I've got enough to concern myself with.
        I will pray, it is obviously warranted from my viewpoint, but that's all I can do. And I'm fine with that. smile

I share your happy face Cgenaea since I can not make one lol!

: and )
            Or ; and )
            Smile K andT!!! smile

28. Kiss andTales profile image62

Ok I will attempt with your help.
    smile

Now you may convey how you REALLY feel. Lol...

Yea this is so True when people here use to use the the one with the mouth open laughing historically !
        I use to feel that one ! And would take that personal. But I got over it quick! lol!

29. Kiss andTales profile image62

That was pretty easy thanks .

30. Kiss andTales profile image62

I will play with this awhile !

31. Kiss andTales profile image62

gmwilliams just use life size pictures on me so I will not miss the face at all!

32. Cgenaea profile image60

Wilderness and Jonny and Atm (who's the new Jonny? I know he's here)
    A smile says so much. Give it to 'em! Lol...

Yes they will in a minute ! lol!

33. Cgenaea profile image60

Oh yeah.  I got the face too. Tho I wondered why the pics. Those last ones were scary. wink

34. Kiss andTales profile image62

We can and will all get along here! smile

35. gmwilliams profile image84

NOW BACK TO THE GAME........continue......

36. gmwilliams profile image84

People who are THE ODD PERSON OUT.
    People who are discriminated against because of their particular protected class whether it is age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Or rather, people who believe themselves to be lesser because of such discrimination.
    People who generally have LOW self-esteem.
    People who strive to be accepted by a particular ingroup.
    UNFAVORED children who are/were marginalized or worse by their parents and siblings.
    SCAPEGOATED children who were singled out by their parents for differential treatment.
    FAVORED children who were hated on by their siblings because they received preferential treatment by their parents much to the chagrin of their other siblings.
    People who DON'T have a conducive plan for their lives-living for mere immediate gratification without any thought of their future.
    People who complain, comPLAIN, COMPLAIN about their life circumstances and situations yet REFUSE to do anything constructive and improve their particular situation and HATING on those who are more successful.
    Did I add.........UNSUCCESSFUL people.......oopsy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)