One faith, one God, one Savior

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Cat333 profile image60
    Cat333posted 9 years ago

For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1 John 4:15

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 9 years ago

Yawn.

1. profile image0

Sleepy?  Money can buy you a bed but it cannot buy you rest.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.

That makes most of us, that means most of us won't be able to sleep in hell.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

Christ consciousness is found in all of us. It is this consciousness which Jesus represents.
    We can all have heaven within.  But, Jesus really needs to come back and explain this, because who else will anyone believe??

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

This is the proper interpretation:

For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity: Christ Consciousness.

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, Christ Consciousness is within them.

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies Christ Consciousness. Such a person is against Christ Consciousness.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Consciousness.

TWISI
    PS Not arguing, just sharing a deeper interpretation.

PSS All religions would agree.

1. profile image0

Search the scriptures, the answer is inside them.  Search them all, not just a few. 

Christ consciousness is part of a new age belief.  it really has nothing to do with the Bible or Jesus.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

SAYS YOU!

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies Christ Consciousness. Such a person is against Christ Consciousness.

TWISI

1. profile image0

Nope, says the Word of God.  Search it for yourself.

YEP. Christ consciousness is to be had by all of every religion. Jesus would agree and does agree.
            …whether you agree or not.
            Devotion to God is the only requirement. We can all drink from the same Cup.

1. profile image0

Show me scripture.

2. Cat333 profile image60
          Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's not what the Scripture says. It says "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ." The Christ is the promised Messiah, the One who, as prophesied and promised, died for us to save us from our sins. Jesus is this very One. Whoever denies this is the liar.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

29 “The most important one (commandment,)” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
    32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
    33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
    34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

All religions would agree and this understanding brings one toward Christ Consciousness. It is the consciousness that Jesus had.

Repeating:
    Devotion to God is the only requirement. We can <<  A L L >>  drink from the same Cup.

It may sound pleasant to human ears to say all religions lead to the One True God, but God speaks throughout Scriptures of false gods and idols, false prophets, false religions... All these He detests and He calls us to be faithful to Him alone.

While it may make people feel warm and fuzzy to embrace all religions and all things, we are to be the faithful bride who embraces no one but our Beloved Lord. A spiritual battle is going on and we must be on guard so that we are not deceived. "All ways lead to the true Way" is a deception. Jesus Christ is the one and only Way to the Father.

Jesus brought the children peace and yet he said:

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
      a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—" (Matthew 10:34-35)

Your way or the high way. Fine. I will let you have your way for you and my way for me. I am not going to hell by the way.

I don't want my way, I want His Way. Many times I've had to submit my will to His, align my own preferences, thinking and such with His.

I would never say you're going to hell. I'd have no way of knowing that. Whoever accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior has eternal life through Him.

Thank You for not saying I will go to Hell for believing in Christ Consciousness.

By the way how does it work?
            How does accepting Jesus as "Lord and Savior" actually work?
            I mean what happens? What does "Lord" mean here? How does the "saving" take place?

Also, what is, "Eternal Life?"
            and what is the "Second" death?
            You say:
            <"Many times I've had to submit my will to His, align my own preferences, thinking and such with His.">
            How do you align yourself with His will? By reading scripture or by tuning into God directly... or both?

Wondering

Believe that Jesus is the Son of God who cleanses us from all unrighteousness (making us right in God's sight), confess him as Lord, and you will be saved. Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf + our acceptance of this gift = salvation / eternal life.

When someone is "lord" to you, you are in submission to them and do as they desire, not as you desire. We can tell he is Lord to us if we do what he commands. His command is that we love. If anyone doesn't love or continues in darkness, we can see they do not belong to the Lord.

Eternal life is everlasting life with the Father made possible through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Natural bodies die and this is the first death. The second death is eternal death after judgment. If someone's name is not in the Lamb's Book of Life, that person does not have eternal life and will instead die the second death.

We strive to align ourselves with His will by taking on the mind of Christ, which is determined by the Word and the Spirit (so yes both). We may desire to rebel, get angry at someone, hold a grudge, exalt ourselves, and so on, but these are outside of His will, so we must strive to align ourselves in all these areas. I may not like something in his Word (that husbands are the head of families, for instance), but I'm not God and don't determine truth.

Thank You and Merry Christmas to you.

You're welcome and Merry Christmas to you as well!

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

How do YOU interpret "kingdom of God?"

How would Jesus explain it?

This may be of interest:

Question: "What is the Kingdom of God?"

Answer:  The kingdom of God is the rule of an eternal sovereign God over all creatures and things (Psalm 103:19; Daniel 4:3). The kingdom of God is also the designation for the sphere of salvation entered into at the new birth (John 3:5-7), and is synonymous with the “kingdom of heaven.”

The kingdom of God embraces all created intelligence, both in heaven and earth that are willingly subject to the Lord and are in fellowship with Him. The kingdom of God is, therefore, universal in that it includes created angels and men. It is eternal, as God is eternal, and it is spiritual—found within all born-again believers. We enter the kingdom of God when we are born again, and we are then part of that kingdom for eternity. It is a relationship "born of the spirit" (John 3:5), and we have confident assurance that it is so because the Spirit bears witness with our spirits (Romans 8:16).

God is sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient and the ruler over all of His creation. However, the designation "the kingdom of God" compasses that realm which is subject to God and will be for eternity. The rest of creation will be destroyed. Only that which is part of the "kingdom of God" will remain.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/kingdom-of- … z3MPZpsetB

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13
    "32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all,

Watch."

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

This is Christ Consciousness:

We enter the kingdom of God when we are born again, and we are then part of that kingdom for eternity. It is a relationship "born of the spirit" (John 3:5), and we have confident assurance that it is so because the Spirit bears witness with our spirits (Romans 8:16)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)