I am shocked at the Begging pleas on the Internet?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (71 posts)
  1. candice5 profile image59
    candice5posted 14 years ago
    1. Ambition profile image60
      Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not that good financially to donate but i wish i can donate someone in need. i have made some donations earlier and i don't find it bad to donate money to anybody.

candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but I bet you knew who they were tho.

i will explain to you what exactly happened. i had a paypal account two years ago and i have 200$ left in it.

For some reason i don't able to withdraw them into my bank.

one day, i saw some kids without footwear and i got into tears seeing them. then i donate these 200$ into a kid orphanage house through paypal and then feel good after that.

2. my-success-guru profile image57
      my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sent money to people who said they were in financial need online before. I let them know based on facts I had that I knew they weren't telling the whole truth. I asked them in return to to help someone in need. It felt good!

3. chucky12 profile image58
      chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one today, its from a lady English (real bad)Just moved house took me all of 3 Hours. I travel light. Turned PC on to check messages:- She wants all my details, I am it seems her long lost cousin, she's hangin on at the moment, and she has no other heirs. I'm it.
      I get 5 million buckaroos, when she leaves this core. I have a month to furnish her lawyers with my details, and it is a Real Bona Fide legal firm, trouble is they have written all over front page to see the Scam. So not the sharpest knife in the Drawer.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Well yes I do. There are actually good hearted people everywhere an including online....

3. kmackey32 profile image63

How does it add to the scam? People are asking for donations, not trying to scam anyone?

I am saying that there are always scams in my Inbox, re people trying to gain money by perhaps telling me I have just inherited a Million dollars, and would I send the following
      Home Phone number
      Name
      E mail
      Last first/ names.
      Obviously I spam them, but they come back. These are internet scams.
      Now I am getting begging pleas. I spam them too.

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yea well those are scams. smile I thought you meant anyone asking for donations... sorry woman lol

O.K You haven't obviously had any, all my friends are getting them, I am improving the Spam Filters, they are a total nuisance.

Oh yea I have had those ones but I just delete them. Its quite annoying

I just did a big delete I had 189 messages in the Inbox within one hour so I did what you did, but in doing so deleted some I didn't want to Bummer! Thats why I am P..d off

2. fishmox profile image60
        fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just don't mind them.
        the FBI's got them in the radar, if you go to FBI.GOV and click on internet scams or crimes.

Heck, just a while ago I got one from somebody calling himself the director of the FBI telling me to verify by sending them my information that I did get the money from some stupid dude somewhere in Africa because if I don't they're going to come and arrest me for receiving money illegally.

What.

Do these stupid jackasses think I was born yesterday ?
        Yeah.
        Fired back at them and told them to go "do" their moms, their cats, their dogs, and then jump off Lake Tanganyika.

Surely they must have a strike rate of some type, I mean we are obviously intelligent people, but who would really buy shite like that.
          I have been told i have won the Biggest lottery, and its always really big. They are stupid.
          If they aimed smaller they would be more successful.
          As The first lady said, she just deletes them.
          My friend is a Lawyer, she has just told me it is illegal to ask for even one red cent, so if they know who you are they can prosecute. So there is some justice. Glad to know FBI has them in their Radar too as I have just cleared a Message I wanted to keep, getting rid of the Rubbish.
          Glad everyone agrees so far.

1. fishmox profile image60
            fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, sure, candice5, they have their hits, and I am sure that 80% of those they hit are intelligent people like us, whose greed overcame their common sense.
            That's how these people operate.
            These people are good at psychology, mind you.
            Look at the way they structure their letters.

I mean, back in those days "when I wore a younger man's clothes" in the Philippines, I tried my hand at doing a little po-lice work for 2 years, and was assigned in a little unit called anti-racketeering and we went after guys called the "dugo-dugo" gang (literally, blood-blood gang).

They have a very good knowledge of the layout of 5 and 4 star hotels in the country, and have "contacts" among the hotel staff of most of the hotels.

They operate on the presumption that if you are an out of towner, then you must be on a business trip, and if you're on a business trip, then you're talking to important people who would like to do you a favor, or you would like to do a favor for.

So they call you, manage to get your identity from the switchboard if they don't have an "operative" among the staff, and tell you this bull about their wife or son having gotten into a really serious accident and how it being the weekend they won't be able to get money from the bank of the magnitude they need for blood transfusion (hence the tag dugo dugo) and could you please lend them the money  and they're going to send another son or relative come and get the money and the emissary will be wearing this and that and knock at your door in so so hours.

7 out of 10 they get their money.

It's the same process, exactly, Greed is a Biggy, I know of a Businessman that swindled the Citizens of a Town nearly one million dollars, (Big for that Town) nearly all elderly people. At his Bankruptcy Creditors Meeting, I was told he said to them, and this was meant to be an apology lol
              Why didn't you put it in the Bank for less interest, you are all to blame, you were just greedy, move on and learn from it.
              He wasn't very bright at all more cunning, and yet his victims, were I suppose in the smarter bracket, worked hard and long to get the money, so I hear what you are saying.

2. candice5 profile image59

It's the same process, exactly, Greed is a Biggy, I know of a Businessman that swindled the Citizens of a Town nearly one million dollars, (Big for that Town) nearly all elderly people. At his Bankruptcy Creditors Meeting, I was told he said to them, and this was meant to be an apology lol
              Why didn't you put it in the Bank for less interest, you are all to blame, you were just greedy, move on and learn from it.
              He wasn't very bright at all more cunning, and yet his victims, were I suppose in the smarter bracket, worked hard and long to get the money, so I hear what you are saying.

2. curiozities profile image60
          curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!  That was funny! big_smile

3. Dale Mazurek profile image62
          Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There really is nothing the FBI can do because many of these people come from places where there are no laws, like Nigeria for example.

If it sounds too good to be true than it is.

On the news a couple weeks ago it said that between US and Canada there were 580 million dollars in scams reported in 2008 and that doesnt count the people who didnt report because they were too embarresed.

Think about that  580 million dollars.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Kristie, I think it is likely a scam setup smile

Another sock puppet should appear and tell us about the benefits of "cash giving" lol

Good evening by the way smile

5. jonwenberg profile image60
    jonwenbergposted 14 years ago

Who are you referring to?

I agree on some level, but not just the internet. We are barraged daily by healthy young men begging on street corners, tv evangelists sitting in gold leaf chairs, spam, youth program kids selling mags door to door  which I would never otherwise  buy, and the list goes on.
    But I would really like to help someone in need.
    I think the problem is that there are so many hands outstretched, it is hard to know when you are doing good or feeding a bad habit.

My suggestion is to ignore all solicitation and donate to a cause of your choosing that you know will help someone.

Not actually referring to anyone, because I really obviously don't know them. Just people wanting to be given money mostly, to help them out. I always make donations to reputable charities, or kids but these are just individuals, with a hard luck story.
      I mean they could be richer than us all. Its just annoying, but improving the Spam filters may get rid of them.

6. kmackey32 profile image63

its just wrong, why not just ask for donations instead of making up some scam, but some people just don't care. Lately I have even been scammed by a close friend I was trying to help. She needed 20 bucks and I told her that was all I had. She assured I could get it back on my way to work the next morning. Here it is a week later and I never saw a penny. I am beginning not to trust anyone anymore. idk

I used to hear the "saying never a Begger or a Lender be" and older peiople said it I didn't understand it fully until, I lent my friend money. Never lend friends money. Its the worst u no longer are their friend.

7. kmackey32 profile image63

Yea but some are hard to detect. I have actually bought something online just to receive nothing..

Was it through an online Auction. I paid a packet for a box of Rubbish that looked nothing like its photo and half was missing, you have no argument either that sucks too.

8. kmackey32 profile image63

I have received 2 donations online. Not much but sooo appreciated when badly needed...

Yeah but its obviously someone that knows you, its different.

9. kmackey32 profile image63

actually the one I had only known a couple days here. The other was about 5 years ago and I was in a very bad abusive relationship. This person had said if I make your car payment for 3 months will you promise to leave and I was 7 months pregnant. So I said Yes. And he sent me a check in the mail for about 750 which paid my car ahead till after I had the baby and could go to work. I moved into a shelter and gave up everything. To this day I wish I could contact him. Not a day goes by where I dont remember how he helped me..

Being a philosophy expert i can say he is GOD. GOD always helps somebody in need.  Its just that we don't gave him credit but he is always up there for us.

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Codswollop.
        I've helped people in need anonymously, and I'm not God.
        Far from it.

Like you i have helped too and i am also not god. Don't comment without understanding full story.

God always help needed ones in crisis.

See what you said and Misha has helped me

1. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for defending me, but really there was no need to bring it up here smile

And no, he was just trying to be important smile

Oh ok sorry, lol Well im not thinking I had a couple drinks... ooops, smile

2. Ambition profile image60

no i am not important, i have just started my carrier and have not achieved any significant yet and how can i be important. No way.

LOL doesnot matter much.

10. kmackey32 profile image63

hmmm maybe I should rite a hub on this. I always wish I could find this person just to say thank you..

Google search their name!

11. kmackey32 profile image63

Oh so it was someone just trying to scam money.. Didnt really go to kids without shoes.. Well although it sucks, I am a big believer in Carma and they will get what they deserve to not being honest. Sometimes I wonder what the person who donated to me thinks, because after he did that he never heard from me again, only because I left to change my life. Up untill recently I wasn't online and I couldn't figure out how to find him...

Thats why he is GOD and i fears only from him. He always saved me from  critical situations and i always thank him for everything he does.

I still wonder how a 2 year old with a iron press in his hand is just murmuring in the house without getting any injury for almost 2 hours.

That's why they say God can be found in kids.

12. kmackey32 profile image63

I don't remember his name... All I remember is that he was a retired police officer and he had said that him and his wife talked about it and they wanted to send me the money... I was under alot of stress at the time and was a very confused person. Not to mention pregnant and almost lost the baby 5 times.. I just couldnt believe someone who didnt know me did that for me. ya know...

Oh that was a gift then, don't think about it. He wanted you to have it. Besides you didn't beg for it Once again different.

Yea but still it is hard not to think about... I tell my husband about it all the time. He always finds it hard to believe someone did that for me that didnt even know me..

I think that is good show you really were grateful, maybe you can do that for someone else oneday.

2. kmackey32 profile image63

Yes I didn't beg for it and I know myself I am an honest person. I just wish he could know that changed my life what he did, and I appreciate everything anyone does for me..

Cool, so he put you on the Road to recovery, and you don't need help, thats pretty amazing.

Well he gave me the help I needed at that time.

13. kmackey32 profile image63

It brought me back when I first read your post. That's why I said there are some kind people out there.

14. kmackey32 profile image63

And this thread has made me wanna write about it.

Good inspiration always came to me from the forums,
      I was on Heluium, and triond.
      I have mad a few dollars but its slow. You have to look at the Keywords some ads pay Big bucks. Its getting people to click them.

Actually, you are correct. i have been reading google adsense for last few days although i have not applied for it though.

The one main thing i found is if you found any niche as p[profitable as per $ per click then we need to write about 30-40 articles to get some good and consistent clicks.

Ambition I asked what that niche was supose to be? lol

i hope you are not asking what do you mean by niche. you can consider niche as a different topic and i advice you to write about important topics like the computer, weight loss, physical fitness etc.

Oh man I am reading from the bottom up. lol. but no I know what the word means but I meant what topic buddy. lol

like in weight loss you can say: how to loose belly fat, how to eliminate extra pounds, how to extra fat from hips.

from computers you can write simple topics like wireless headphones or for any hardware device or a review of hardware or software.

15. kmackey32 profile image63

Yea that's what everyone says but what keywords ya know. lol I have made about 5$ so far on this site. although it lets me get things out. lol. Most of my writtings are about things that bother me.

i can gave you an advice that you can make you hubs on any topic by collecting about 5 articles similar to it and then prepare your big one.

1 article per day is enough

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

See Eric, Ambition is psychology expert, and knows better lol

everybody have different perceptions but they need to put their comments in context of the subjects.

Ambition is psychology expert, and knows better is no point from your side. if you want to have fun, go to bathroom and do what you are famous for last 35 years.

Also, i am expert in both philosophy and psychology.

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL your Ambitions are swelling smile

And what exactly I am famous for? Since the times when your were not with us yet?

oh 50 year old. how can i forgot, sorry to spray salt on your wounds.

Ambition I have to tell you Misha helps those in need so he really is a good person.....

18. kmackey32 profile image63

hey you are both gods buddys. No no fighting here.

no where do you see fighting. Actually i am just enjoying this last 3 hours on hubpages.

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Kristie, where do you see fighting? smile

Oh I thought he was when he said sorry to spray salt on your wounds. Was he kiddn? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)