I graduated from HubPages Boot Camp

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (56 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12022913_f520.jpg
    After publishing a 5th hub yesterday, I had some anticipation waiting to see if my hub would be featured or unpublished. I checked that hub's status several times last night. with a feeling of excitement in the air. (maybe you felt it too)

Anyway, I "reached my goal" to get out of HubPages Boot Camp, with 5 featured hubs this morning! So! It is a small milestone, but I feel happy. - Cheers!

1. junecampbell profile image71
      junecampbellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. That is a milestone for sure.

colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, June. Mom and I just had a friend come over for coffee, and she brought a cake to celebrate her birthday with her. So, I am just getting back online.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

Much appreciated, Nate.

3. Dara Nicole profile image60
      Dara Nicoleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yay! congrats! I'm in the process of getting my five hubs done too! kudos to you!

Thank you, Dara. I wish you all the best on HP.

4. CelebrateUSA profile image77
      CelebrateUSAposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on a job well done! Welcome to HubPages.

Very nice of you, @CelebrateUSA. Thanks!

5. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61
      Rae-LeighDawnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! smile

Thank you, Rae. I see you just joined HP 7 days ago, welcome!

6. Christy Kirwan profile image90
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well done, colorfulone! Welcome to HubPages and keep writing. smile

I appreciate that very much. Thank you, @Christy Kirwan. smile

7. favored profile image61
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very proud of you.  I know how hard you work.  Hoping this time will be better all around smile

Thank you, Fay. Actually I am not working hard online these days. My main job is just making sure Mom is well taken care and happy as a claim.

1. favored profile image61
          favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're a good daughter.  Love to your mom smile Hope you're not getting too much snow.

8. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I did the same earlier this week with the second account I opened here as Dreamworker.  I was not even aware that this was an issue because I have been on HP so long that I never paid attention!  Starting a new account is a very strange thing for me as I cannot seem to reach others on my feed...this limits my exposure on that account.  Also, commenting on forums can be tricky because you can only comment on a forum as one person, which means you have to pick and choose and then try to remember which forums you used.  Gonna take time!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Christy said we should use the same account in all of the forums. That would help make it easier for you to remember.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2684466

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but the problem is that if you do that, nobody ever gets to know who you are in the other persona.  What I decided to do was use one name in the regular forums and another in the topics forums, that way I can't get mixed up.  I didn't even know there was another type of forum until yesterday!

2. Elsie Hagley profile image71
    Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years ago

Congratulations colorfulone.cool
    My kiwinana account is still in Boot Camp, just can't get motivated to write these days.

Elsie, I would imagine it is harder to care for two different accounts, especially with 162 hubs in this account of yours. Anyway, I reached my goal a month earlier then I had planned. And, will have to set another HubPages goal to achieve. - Thank you!

3. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

Good job!  I definitely mean that, and I'm not just posting so my Hubber score doesn't fall any further.  smile

Thank you, Michael.
      Our "Hubber score" depend on forum posts, too?
      Mine has been going up and down since I published this last hub.

4. profile image0
    M L Morganposted 9 years ago

Congrats, my mum sent me flowers when I passed Bootcamp a week ago, I now have 8 featured hubs. It's a fab feeling and a little lovely recognition for your effort. High five! xxx

Aw, that was very nice of your Mom to send you flowers when you got out of "Bootcamp". Congratulations, M!
      Thank you, and a High 5!

5. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

No, it's a huge milestone, colorfulone. Congratulations to you! HP didn't have boot camp when I started, luckily I escaped. But the funny thing is that with each Penguin, Panda, Google update, or HP change, I occasionally feel like I'm in bootcamp, lol yikes. Enjoy your time at HP, write a bunch of hubs and have fun with it. Don't let the bumps take away your drive as a writer.

Thank you, for being so encouraging, Jan.
      Things can totally do a 180 in a day online, either way.
      I'll keep on keeping on! smile

6. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! The next steps are are harder. I wish you good luck.

I hope the next steps aren't going to be harder on HubPages.
      Thank you.

7. Kappygirl profile image87
    Kappygirlposted 9 years ago

Hi Colorfulone - I just joined last night and am working on my first hub.  When I logged on just now to do a little work before a dr appt, this post was the first thing I saw.  Congratulations to you!  I hope to be on my way soon!

Welcome to HP, @Kappygirl
      I hope things went well at the doctor's appointment.

1. Kappygirl profile image87
        Kappygirlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  Actually some physical therapy which can make you a little sore before getting better!

8. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Welcome kappygirl, to HubPages. I wish you the best in all your writing.

Thanks!  It's taking longer than I thought--I'm trying to select and arrange pictures of a trip I took. Maybe tomorrow--my shoulders hurt!

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
        Miebakagh57posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay, Kappygirl. Things will fall in little by little. One only take a step at a time.

I've got 2 published so far and I'm working on my 3rd--should have it done today. Thanks for the encouragement.

Good luck to you kappygirl...I encourage you more to make five hubs to pass the bootcamp. Welldone.

Thanks. I'm working on it.

9. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61
    Rae-LeighDawnposted 9 years ago

thank you! ^_^

10. Anthony Altorenna profile image93
    Anthony Altorennaposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Here's looking forward to reading many, many more of your hubs!!

Anthony Altorenna, my old friend. I am delighted to know you are reading along. Thank you! smile

11. PinoyMom profile image72
    PinoyMomposted 9 years ago

I wish that I would pass the Boot Camp like you.  Congratulations colorfultone!

Thank you, PinoyMom.
      I see you only have one more hub to go to get out of bootcamp. It'll happen.

12. Lionrhod profile image79
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

Congrats Colorfulone and good luck to everyone working their way out of bootcamp!

As a relatively new squid, I still remember how exciting it was to have 1, 3, 5, 10, etc. articles published.

I didn't get to make it out of that version of bootcamp, RocketSquids. I was only about 3 or 4 lenses away from the required 25 when Squidoo went bust. Pooh! (I must be starting to feel like I'm a Hubber -- in this paragraph I originally wrote "hubs" then realized I had to edit it to "lenses."

Thank you, @Lionrhod
      Glad you are starting to feeling like a Hubber. smile

13. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Yes, that is why Hubbers are to work hard in all their articles. Passing out of the bootcamp is not easy without hard work. You are required to produced a high quality story.

@Miebakagh57, there is no doubt in my mind that you put a lot of hard work into publishing high quality articles. Thank you for the encouragement.

Thanks colorfulone for taking a good note.

14. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 9 years ago

Congrats colorfulone! Keep up the outstanding work!

Thank you for the nice compliment, @swilliams
      And, congratulations on your achievements after choosing to write on HubPages.

Have a good time at HubPages.

15. tlcs profile image62
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Well done!

Not at all.

16. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Congratulations colorfulone.

17. advicequeen1 profile image61
    advicequeen1posted 9 years ago

congratulations!

I congratulates you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)