The 12 Hubs of Christmas Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image78
    CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years ago

I'm proposing the "12 Hubs of Christmas Challenge." Do 12 hubs between December 1st and midnight January 6th, 2015, All Kings Day. That's only about one hub every three days or two to three per week, but, hey, we are all really busy during the holidays. This challenge is designed not to let the writing get forgotten in all the hustle and bustle of the season.

Commit to the challenge in this thread and we'll all check back in on January 7.  Of course, you can give project updates before then.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I would join if I wasn't having an infection problem with my eyes.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image78
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just saw that someone did this 5 years ago.  And did a poem too.  Alas, nothing new under the sun.  But still, it was five years ago.  it's time for another.

3. CatherineGiordano profile image78

I set committed to the 12 hubs of Christmas challenge--12 hubs between December 1 and January 6, 2015.  I just posted the 12th hub. Hooray.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh I wish I had seen this!  It sounds like a fun challenge.  I will keep a better eye out for it next year.  Happy New Year!

2. seraphic profile image68
    seraphicposted 9 years ago

Hello, nice to meet you in cyber space!

I am a New writer here.  Hoping to break out of "Boot Camp".  I read this thread you posted, and I will try to rise to the 12 Hubs of Christmas Challenge.

I know I am kinda late joining this challenge, but will try my best! Currently I have written 5 Hubs. Not sure how they are doing, keeping my fingers crossed that my writing is OK.

Congrats. Only 7 more to go.  You have until January 6, 2015.  go for it.  I hope to get one posted today and then I will have 2 more to go.

3. seraphic profile image68

Did we all complete the challenge? I am thrilled as I feel great! I have to confess one of my Hubs took on a life of it's own and ended up over 3,000 words, not sure if that is a bad thing or not.

If you don't mind me giving you advice, you might be able to beak it into two hubs. It will be much more advantageous to you if it is two hubs. You can put them into a group and/or link to them.

1. seraphic profile image68
        seraphicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Catherine!  I am not sure if it would make sense if I split it up... perhaps I could get creative as it was a biography I did on Socrates.

I took a look at it . A very ambitious and well done piece.  You are right about it all belonging together. Perhaps you could do life and philosophy as one hub and death in the other.  You just touch on the circumstances of his death and then do the details in the second hub where you recap a few of the major points of his life.  Or life and death in one hub and then a brief bio and detail about his writings in the 2nd.  I make this suggestion because I have sometimes crammed too much into one hub and I broke it into two and felt that it actually worked better that way.  But if you feel it doesn't work, trust your own judgment.

4. seraphic profile image68

You know Catherine, I have to thank you for taking the time for me and posting the suggestion. I will take your advice and split it into two.

My intention with the article was to pepper it with "Taint" or "Expose" others to a few concepts that Socrates had that are not supportive of "family", or what we strive towards today regarding equality.

At times when I look at Philosophy I am engaged but also angered as it clearly is a male dominated attitude that is portrayed. We are progressing, but I fear a little too slowly.

I have only been a reader of HubPages until I moved recently, and decided to try my hand at writing here.

Thank you once again for helping me out on this!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)