Prior to Eve, did Adam have "reproductive" organs?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (88 posts)
  1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Let's see,mmm, this "god" thing created Adam:

"And The Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being." (Genesis 2:7).

"The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be all alone." (Genesis 2:18)

"So The Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs [also translated took part of the man's side] and closed up the place with flesh. Then The Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man."

Now pls explain this to me, prior to Eve, what would have been the purpose of  a "reproductive' organ?
    It seems to me that this perfect, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent "god" thing of bible scripture, didn't
    properly plan the creation of the first 2 humans.
    Is it possible that this biblical "god" thing made a mistake by not prethinking his "creation?"Did "it" have to create an after market " penis and gonads" so that the 2 could go forth and multiply?
    Golly! The ramifications are endless...........lol  :-)

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...you're too much Quark LOL!....i'm picturing the 'Ken' doll now....there is no penis or any gonads either....

...dropped by for a moment...gotta get back to work....

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Someway:
        Lol....just offering food-for-thought....:-)

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i found Ken....

http://www.salamandersociety.com/temple/barbie/barb_ken_nosex.jpg

1. qwark profile image59

...wow! Adam and EVe....lol

2. Bob Way profile image58
      Bob Wayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

God created Adam as imortal, I see the Bible loses time and it might have been hundreds of years before Adam seemed unhappy to God, so Eve was given to him, also imortal.  When Eve ate the Forbidden fruit and God cast them out of Eden, that was the embarrassing fig covering the sex parts.

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

you got the wrong order Qwark...

It was AFTER Eve that Adam (like all men in a long term relationship) lost his reproductive organs

1. qwark profile image59

Golly Greek:
      lol.. been there done that!
      I'd sure like to see a good solid argument against my question from an "enlightened" believer.
      Someone must have an opinion.  eh?

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

if God have preordained everything, then He knew that He would have eventually give Adam a partner.

My bet is therefore did have sexual organs prior to Eve, but they were dormant... much like mine were through puberty

1. qwark profile image59

Greek:
      If ya read the entire scripture, Eve was not even a thought until this god thing felt Adam would be lonely.....lol

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, but HE would have known that Adam WOULD feel lonely.. gotta let life and events playout

1. qwark profile image59

Greek:
          uh uh ...that'd just make this biblical god thing look even more screwed up. lol
          "It'd" have forethought the whole thing and created the 2 of them at the same time.
          Being the perfect father "it" would have planned this creation perfectly...but "it" didn't. "It" made a mistake...period!  :-)

What is perfect?

1. qwark profile image59

Greek:
              lol...beats me!
              Believers always tell me that this biblical god thing is "perfect." I think they mean it is flawless, infallible and incapable of failing.
              If that's the case, their "god thing" couldn't have made a mistake in planning or wouldn't have allowed adam, the keeper of the garden, to get lonely and as a 2nd thought, provide him with company.

1. luvpassion profile image62
                luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well strip poker wouldn't have been much fun...wink

2. Greek One profile image63

but who is to say a perfect God must create beings that feel only joy or happiness?

1. qwark profile image59

Greek:
                  Again, beats me.
                  God? Perfection? Both are imagined.
                  I'm just trying to get a well reasoned answer from those who can't provide one.
                  It's fun and entertaining.
                  You know as well as I that there is no answer to my question.
                  Nothing other than opinion and conjecture.
                  The same kind of answer I get when I ask for someone to provide me a definition of this god thing in a form other than opinion and conjecture.
                  I think ya get the drift.
                  Luv has it right: "silly hubbers."

But do you think that it is a logical jump to say since God and His 'thinking', by His very nature, can't be defined by us, means that his existance isn't real?

3. Joy56 profile image68
                Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you really wanna know??????

2. profile image48
      nebraskanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

adam as well as eve had many advantages two of the most relevant they escaped teething and diaper training...remember the book of Genesis is not the first chronologically. The garden was not a physical enity.  Ergo a sound , logical start...

4. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Well he had to pee didn't he? roll What with all the wine and stuff.

1. qwark profile image59

Luv:
      Do you have a penis? NO?
      How the heck do you pee?
      Maybe adam had a "pee hole?"

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well you got this right...adam could have had pee hole...may be it was god's first experiment of creation...he didnt create anything before..we think god is perfect but god knows his own self more wink

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true.  I was waiting for someone to throw in that tidbit of common sense! big_smile

5. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Yes but women were an upgrade lol lol lol

sounds like there was a parts shortage, not an upgrade tongue

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No No, No parts shortage...silly answer to silly question. Silly hubbers. tongue

1. qwark profile image59

Hahaha  Luv...silly hubbers..yep!  :-)

2. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well some animals (like my pet lizard and some insects) have TWO penises - maybe the parts got mixed up?

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO  -  just greedy  !!  big_smile

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Silly wabbits.  Don't they know twix are for kids?

7. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

im sure they did have reproductive organs - but most likley not now smile smile lol

8. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

He had them, although they were minuscule - thus the fig leaf to hide his shame.

1. mom101 profile image60
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the shall become one........No, in my opinion he did not have.

1. qwark profile image59

mom...you are a typist of reason...lol ty

1. mom101 profile image60
          mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oops. two

2. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

9. J.R. Smith profile image58
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

well, since God already knew he was going to have the earth populated, why wouldn't he have sex organs? A better question would be did he have a belly button?

1. qwark profile image59

JR:
      Does this "god thing" have sex organs? your quote:
      " since God already knew he was going to have the earth populated, why wouldn't he have sex organs?"
      This 'god thing" with sex organs? What does "he" do with it in heaven? Join martyrd muslims in a menage a trois?
      Hell a belly button again proves "his" ineptness.
      Why didn't this "god thing" just create as many of us as he wanted and be done with it. Birth from the belly of a "female" is uncalled for when ya can create a universe...
      I know this is a bit too profound for ya, but mull it over. give it some thought. That little light above your head may be lit and twinkle with enlightenmnent!
      ...I won't hold my breath.    :-)

1. J.R. Smith profile image58
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so you answer is no? no need to attack me, totally different day. This isn't my forum. At our last exchange you couldn't even remember your babble three posts back. the beauty of hubpages is you can read them over and over. I get it, you think our reason to live is no different than animals. Fine and I'm glad that works for you, it just doesn't for me. You must be immoral,unethical and free of conscience. Animals are. I just thought it would be interesting to bring up the belly button. No offense.

1. qwark profile image59

This is not disrespectful. It is just what I read and understand when you reply. This is my honest but blunt opinion.

Ah but JR, you again make us all aware of your ignorance and religious bigotry! Your quote:
          ". You must be immoral,unethical and free of conscience. Animals are."
          WE ARE ANIMALS!
          Your comments lack thought and correctness.
          Just as I expected.

So are you immoral,unethical,and without conscience?

1. qwark profile image59

JR...the depth of your sophistication ends at the tip of your short nose.
              ALL of mankind is "immoral,unethical,and without conscience..."
              At this very moment we humans are planning our "reduction."
              We imagine and create weapons of mass destruction so that we may tap a key on a computer keyboard and end life as we know it.
              We want to be able to do it without compunction.
              You exist as just one of the billions of the primitive misleds.
              As I typed once before: "Ignorance is bliss."

What is sophisticated about attacking others beliefs while interjecting your own?We have differing views on sophistication.Isn't that a quality you hate in christians? People are not immoral,unethical or without conscience. You may be, but I don't think the human race would endorse you as their spokesperson.As for your moniker "ignorance is bliss", it must be. You seem quite happy. I believed I asked YOU if you were immoral,unethical or without conscience. Look at how you answered, incapable of any accountability whatsoever.It's no wonder you don't believe in a higher power.You'd have to take a step back. At this very moment, some people are planning peace,goodwill and charity.You may not be a good person,but they are out there.I'm sorry you haven't met one yet.

1. qwark profile image59

Sorry RJ, but the history of that which guides your life has been and still is rife with death, pain and destruction. You are but a "blind" and unstudied follower.
                  Your ilk gives lip service to love and forgiveness but the past 2000 yrs portrays your concept of a loving and forgiving creator as one that betrays your spoken intent.
                  No, you are but one of the intellectually lesser evolved, who have it in thier minds that we are something of value and deserving of a life after life. When in reality, we exist, accomplish nothing and worship the fallacy of the supernatural.
                  Vene Vidi Vici and gone!

you don't believe man has ever done anything positive,ever? You seem intelligent,how does that make sense? And again, are you an immoral person depraved of decency, since you are an animal?

2. getitrite profile image72
                    getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EXACTLY!

10. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Yes Adam did have a penis.
    Then in later generations, God decided he made another mistake and commanded man to cut off the tips of their penises.

God will get it right one day.

1. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the did not cut the tips off their penises, it was the foreskin they cut off. Recall please, the arid climate and scarcity of water, which came mostly from wells drawn up with a bucket, no running water even in towns. Today is different. The removal of the foreskin aside from metaphorical aspects was for sanitation. Yes god created a foreskin through his foresight he knew at some point in history we would not need to cut it off but way back in time it sufficed the purposes of demarcation and ritual cleanliness.

1. profile image0

big_smile big_smile big_smile   This is better than Tom and Jerry.  God had the foresight to know that the foreskin would become redundant after it had served its purpose of being a cockscombe big_smile

1. profile image0

well they "served a purpose" as proof of how many of "the enemy" were slaughtered - how gross is that?  Killing them and then having to hack a piece off their penis to show how many thousands they killed

2. profile image0

sounds very odd - so God makes a body part which he orders "his chosen people" to butcher off for a ritual?  Why bother with this piece of flap in the first place?

3. getitrite profile image72

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/dktdk51/Smiley%20Icons%201/shocked.png

4. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO! My sides are a splittin'! That is hilarious!

11. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

No - what happened was that god sewed up the shape that was to be Adam's companion but when he blew life into it - it was inside out !     

We all make c**k ups now and then, the best way to hide them is to say they are a new invetion  big_smile

12. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

When in reality, we exist, accomplish nothing and worship the fallacy of the supernatural.

Exactly - that is all it is - phallus y worship.

1. qwark profile image59

TY China man!  :-)

13. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

Adam was made in the image of god, Wiener and all.

1. qwark profile image59

Onus;
      What does this god thing use
      "its" "wiener" for?

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

going potty, ofcourse.

1. qwark profile image59

...is that why we sometimes get yellow rain?

1. profile image0
            Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never seen yellow rain. Why do you assume that he is hovering over us? I mean He is God, I'm sure he has a toilet.

2. profile image0

Wow - I wonder who gets to empty a god-size potty - is this the source of all pollution and you wouldn't want to be standing under on the day after god-chilli dinner day big_smile

2. profile image0

the big bang?

1. qwark profile image59

hahahaha...this god thing has a penis and it caused a
          big bang!  gotta love it. I've experienced a few big bangs in my life too...jeez this god thing and I have sumthin' in common...lolol   :-)

2. getitrite profile image72

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/SmileySignroflmao.gif

2. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

Now we are beginning to see even more 'eye to eye' !  Wow.

It is all METAPHOR - an idea that starts out with good intentions and contains some kind of truth, goodness and guidance for people.  Making the 'word' into 'reality' is simply nonsense and is the cause of all the problems with religion and non-religion.

1. profile image0

haha
          oh dear...
          I deleted my post after I wrote it 'cause I just KNEW it might evoke this kind of discusssion! lol

Well.....you see, I know God is REAL, not a metaphor.  He's just intangible.  And by that, I know that the main, most important part of us humans is that intangible part.  Even though the intangible has the ability to reason, to feel, to "see", and such...

It is the intangible in humans that Christians want to see ultimately saved----the souls of mankind....

1. profile image0

gotta be quicker than that to get past me  big_smile

I think you have a typo - by tangible I think you mean tangle, any idea that there is any reality in this invention has no foundation and IS the misdirection of thinking that the 'more original' writers put into jesus' lines against exactly this issue - the bits about false prophets and the rise of the anti-christ; the false words of those who want to use the original messages of peace, love, humility and grace that have been perverted out of all recognition.

1. profile image0

I'm tangled-up! ha
              Do you mean that you consider God to be all benign and without any Judgement?  Or that there is no God?
              For the record, I personally don't believe there is nor will be a literal AntiChrist in the form of any one person.

1. profile image0

I believe that the unknown can be thought of through the metaphor of a god - that contains the good thoughts of people, that can embody rules for the guidance of people - and if it contains judgement then that is for the metaphor, or your reality,   ONLY  - and it is not for any person to 'embody' in talking for any god, literal or metaphorical.

Whichever way you like it nobody can talk for a real or metaphorical god, least of all those who like to sit in judgement on others.  This aspect of ego only reveals the thoughts of the one who would set themselves up in a place of judgement.

1. profile image0

People make judgements all the time.
                  The legal system of any Nation is an instrument of judgement.
                  I understand that many non-Believers and Believers as well have some major resistance to the concept of someone else judging them.  And I think it's partly because they don't want to judge themselves either.   Yet we must judge ourselves too.  That's what our consciences are for.  Another intangible aspect of humanity, one that's often buried under mounds of rebellion and fear and that intangible "ego" you mentioned.

P.S.  AP's poem was interesting.  I was tempted to respond in a sort of battle of poetry, but I refrain....and I remain...a rightwinger and fool for Christ. big_smile

1. profile image0

Oh go on - do!

He might reply - but be careful, he can't get banned any more than he is already  big_smile big_smile big_smile

14. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Adam was made flesh, flesh that ate food so the eliminating organs were present.
    Eve was made from flesh and therefore the same applies to her as well.
    To my understanding, the garden was not a place for reproduction. The command to multiply was given to adam and eve after the expulsion from the garden. (genesis 1 is an overview of creation, genesis 2 gives more detail about genesis 1 and genesis 3 deals with the issue of the garden) I am persuaded that the organ for sexual reproduction were present but inactive. Since innocents prevailed in the garden, the heart would not pump the blood to stiffen the organ in desire and eve did not menstruate in the garden. These abilities occurred outside the garden.
    Did God know mankind would fall? I conjecture He did or at least he had a b plan.

1. profile image0

I still get a fit of girlish giggles when you post in these penis oriented threads - sorry big_smile

2. profile image0

why did Adam have nipples?  Men get breast cancer too. Seems like a bit of unintelligent design there

Also some animals have vaginas, and some have to make to with the one hole for reproduction, pee & poo

3. profile image0

he set them up to "fail" - the story of the "fall" is like a kid stealing a cookie and then everyone born ever since being threatened with a punishment that doesn't fit the crime.   What kind of parent uses trickery and then extreme punishment?

15. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

After Eve was made, Adam no longer had his junk.  It was in Eve's purse!

16. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

How do you circumsize a whale?

Ya send down four...oooops ...foreskin divers!

17. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

How does this jesus save the peoples of other parts of the world who existed 4-5-6 thousand years b4 he existed? If he indeed existed?
    This god of mose didn't exist prior to 3400 yrs ago when moses ALLEDGEDLY created it.
    I feel so sorry for them! They didn't get a chance to be saved!
    That really isn't fair ya know!   :-)
    Now, lets get back to the question.
    When did this god thing get the idea of a penis and a vulva/vagina?
    Did this god thing (the CEO) have a bevy of Dead" engineer souls at the table making suggestions and giving presentations?
    I wanna know!

18. christiansister profile image60
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

Very interesting thought but then it would seem that since Adam had something taken away to form eve, then he would have an "inny" and she would have an "outty". smile

19. profile image54
    postcardingworksposted 13 years ago

God new what He was doing.  He made man and it's obvious that Adam had the "equipment".

20. rLcasaLme profile image69
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

When God said it is not good for man to be alone, He is not telling us that He had just realised it, but rather, He was telling that to us so that we may know. He is just citing an information that we otherwise could have not known.
    Why can't we just be thankful that God created the woman? I'm sure everyone would agree that the creation of woman was the most beautiful thing God did.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)