My Opinion on Tsu - Will You Make Money?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

If you haven't heard of Tsu, it's the "new big thing" in social media, a la a Facebook that pays, with well integrated hashtag system reminiscent of Twitter. In my opinion, it's better than ELLO, the other big new social media platform.

You will not make a lot of money from Tsu.

Being me, I had to go explore and see how this all worked, so there is my final statement. With 41 direct referrals (children) and 355 total "grand and great grandchildren", I have some idea of what I'm talking about.

Tsu are VERY new. They are adding new changes all the time, and are currently majorly cracking down on spammers, adding improvements etc. However unless they get better advertisers on board, I'd be guessing that the current CPM is about 3 cents per 1,000 views. That's a very general guess as they only give us access to our own view counts not our referrals, but that's my best estimate.

I personally think it's a pretty awesome site. But if you want money, right now, it's NOT the place to go, unless you plan to have a referral network of 100,000 people or get 100,000 views per day, which is unlikely as you need to sign up to view any content on the site and it's not seen by Google.

So for the time being, my opinion is: It's worth checking out if you are a social media addict (and want an easy place to get followers so you can share your links and get readers), but remember it's a VERY new site and there's a 99% chance you won't make more than a few cents the way it currently works.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Right now I am making about 15 cents per day but when compared to what I was making at Facebook...let's see, I think it was about O per day, it's not bad at all.

2. AudreyHowitt profile image80
      AudreyHowittposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I too agree.  I am there and a lot of my photographer friends are there.  I think it may end up being a good place for back links, but generally speaking, it will take time and effort to make pennies I think

2. Shorebirdie profile image75
    Shorebirdieposted 9 years ago

I agree, I'm not making hardly anything.  But, I like the format and I hope the site will continue to be fun, so I will stay there for now.

3. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

Thanks for introducing me to this new social media site.  Will take a look at it but really not interested because of my priorities with my time.

4. Solaras profile image97
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

It looks like you need a member's "short code" to sign up.  Who wants to share their short code with me?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll send you an invite if you like.  I think it's a fun site, but I doubt I'll ever make anything there.  I don't care, though, because I get a few views from it and read some interesting posts there, too.

5. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 9 years ago

Personally, I would not touch it with a bargepole. A site that forces you to join to view its content is not a site to which I wish to belong.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Then don't join. Pretty simple.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have not.
        I will not.
        And I will tell everyone I know not to.

1. lovelights profile image84
          lovelightsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why would you tell everyone you know not to join, if you have not joined, and know nothing about the site? Just seems strange.

6. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 9 years ago

Very helpful review Wrylilt.  One of my concerns is that the minimum payout is $100 and this is paid by $ cheque.  For those of us outside the US a $ check isn't easy to cash and there is a loss to the payee of a bank fee and currency change.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I live in Australia and have this issue with Amazon.

However they only launched on October 14 and the staff are adding improvements continually. So I am sure Paypal will arrive very shortly.

7. DawnRae64 profile image73
    DawnRae64posted 9 years ago

I have made only 2 cents and haven't had a single child yet. I can't imagine I'll make any more there but I'm giving it a try.

8. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I've made a whopping one cent there, but I really only post once a day, and I only follow or friend people in whom I'm actually interested. I'm using it mostly to post artwork, and links to my recipes.

It's fun, and I like the clean look. I'm not expecting to make bank there, but I always like to jump in and reserve my username whenever a new site looks promising. I did the same with Ello, which is sort of a wasteland right now.

9. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

I joined 13 days ago as user DaleH.  Things have been pretty slow there.  I do have six children so far.

The earnings are certainly not huge, but they trickle in very slowly.  I figure a penny a day for me at this moment in time.

Two days ago after tweeting a blog post about the site, the site was giving error messages and not loading at all.  Not good when I just sent out a link to have folks pop in and view things.

It seems to be up and running now at an okay speed.  I hope they get all the technical details worked out as it seems like it will be a pretty decent alternative to Facebook as all that follow you will see every post you make on Tsu and that certainly is not true on Facebook anymore.

Do I expect to make serious money there?  No, at least not for some time.  Now if I could get all 1,500 or so friends off of Facebook to pop in on my link and join, then I may get some serious monetary return.  That I don't see happening.

Edit:  Within minutes the site is slow to load again when you switch from your profile to your feed and the "like" buttons are being stubborn at times.

10. Country-Sunshine profile image76
    Country-Sunshineposted 9 years ago

@Dale - I signed up using you as a referral, and see that it is indeed a slow moving site! 

I haven't had the time (or patience) to check it all out, but doubt that any of us will make much money from it!

1. Dale Hyde profile image82
      Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great!  Glad to see you there.  I had to drop offline for a few as I have some plumbing issues...well, the house has some plumbing issues!  I will pop over there in a few and check you out. smile

11. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 9 years ago

This exact website and model has been done before - the site was literally no different whatsoever from Tsu except for the colour - and it failed miserably and closed down.  I'm not saying that will happen with Tsu, but I signed up not so long ago and to be honest I am not impressed.  I am actually making good money from my Facebook page (although its not FB paying the money) - as I said on Bubblews (which has gone downhill fast) yesterday, I may aswell just go back to Facebook - that's where the money is for me at the moment.

12. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Check it out, this web article about Tsu From back in October says it's just like Bubblews.

http://recode.net/2014/10/21/new-social … 7-million/

And we all know how happy everyone here is with Bubblews, don't we?

13. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't touch it with a Teflon coated bargepole with a condom on the end.

14. pumpkincat210 profile image61
    pumpkincat210posted 9 years ago

If it is successful, now would be the time to join since it is very new.  It only has 2 million users versus over 1 billion with facebook.  You make money off of people sharing your original content and the members you invite and they invite.  The chance of getting the username you want is good because of the relatively small amount of people and you are allowed 2 accounts..one as a personal and the other as a business.  Use the business account for a niche subject.
    It's definitely a more positive atmosphere than facebook and the users are encouraged to interact with everyone.  I'm giving it a shot.

15. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

A new site offering early joining opens every single day. If 2million have already joined being one of the early adopters is a ship that has already sailed.

Bottom line: I use my time in efforts likely to earn at least minimum wage over a two year window -- Tsu is not one of those sites

16. Jesus Baray profile image62
    Jesus Barayposted 9 years ago

So, which option would you recommend to earn money online?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That depends on what skills you have to offer or are willing to develop.  Top options might be freelancing, paid blogging or forum posting, writing ebooks or books in general, creating stock photography, and in terms of content sites--this one right here.

1. Jesus Baray profile image62
        Jesus Barayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Done all that sad the only thing that have (sort-of) worked to me are surveys

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its a matter of learning the tricks to make it work better.  Just like with content writing, most venues suck and even the good ones take a certain appraoch.

I do very well out of ebooks but you don't learn how to write a commercially viable book overnight.

17. TheDragonBringer profile image91
    TheDragonBringerposted 9 years ago

TSU seemed to run OK until I upgraded to Lollypop. It might just be my device, but now I have all kinds of errors with TSU. Swagbugs does not load corectlly either. I won't be rolling back, so Swagbucks and TSU will be no go zones until their sites work with my devices lollypop. Disapointments really, but the GREAT news is that Hupages works better than ever. I guess it is a sign to just focus on what works. I wish I understood why upgrading my Android operating system is having this effect on some sites.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)