Why All The Hating On Obama?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I'm not American, or do I care a cent about Obama, but you gotta wonder at the way homeboy is being attacked left, right and center. Look at the forums, he's getting digged for every single damn thing. If the guy takes a piss he's digged on. Bush in all his stupidity wasn't digged nearly as Obama is being digged in all his 8 years. And dont tell me financial crisis - I'm sick of hearing that crap. If I hear it one more time I'll kill something. What's up with the hating?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image58
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is an American tradition to hate on our presidents, regardless of race, party, shoe size, hair color, etcetera.  We are a scapgoating lot.

1. RooBee profile image82
        RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is very true. Pass that buck! big_smile

2. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And anyone applying for the job goes in knowing this.

3. rastrother profile image40
        rastrotherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agreed. thats why ive never ran smile

4. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow that sounds like Australia and New Zealand s well, we give em heaps down here!

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree... Obama has and still has a honeymoon with the majority of the press. Personally, I think Obama is a good man, certainly a likable fellow, however his ideas, and his policies are bad for the country and bad for democracy. Being in a democracy we have not only a right to criticise his plans but a duty to do so, especially since the press seems to have forgotten their function! It's important to remember, it's not personal!

3. vancouver profile image40
      vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think too many people bought into the utube video "the obama deception"

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

In NA communities...leaders don the *arrow* shirt and learn to accept they are targets of derision, disrespect and envy hmm sad really. I don't think it's just Obama that makes the final decisions n I like him. big_smile I think the US made quite the achievement with a first like him.

3. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

oh, thats just he way it is. A guy gets elected, by popular vote, then eveyone hates him, You werent here to read any forums  when Bush got elected. Trust me, he got attacked!! maybe not on hubpages, but plenty in other ways!

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You can kill me, but you got it right - financial crisis is the reason. And it's more than just financial crisis, it's the global western economy crisis of the magnitude we did not see for a couple of centuries. People are scared and lost, and now even those who voted for him are blaming him because he can't possibly do what they hoped he would.

With much respect to you Misha, I would point out that said financial crisis and whatnot were all set to happen long before he took office. Politicians from both sides of the aisle are responsible for being beholden to these big financial groups! (Not saying he's perfect by any means. Just that he hasn't been in long enough to be the cause all of these problems.)

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, I never implied the crisis is his fault. smile But he is being blamed for it, cause people don't see more then a few days back or ahead...

Well, not to say he is actually doing anything to remedy the situation, IMO he is really hurting it enormously, but that's another story. smile

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

everybody wants to be saved, and when soemone promises to do it, then cant, they get mad. Its too bad. None of this is Obama's fault, but maybe he shouldnt have promised so much...
      this is going to sound stupid, but where I live, there isnt much summer. Its only about 4 weeks of real nice weather. All winter long, everyone complains how bad it sucks, and they cant wait for summer. It gets here, and its like, 98 degrees and muggy, and everyone freaks out. Crime rises, people are in the hospital more, theres more car accidents, domestic violence goes way way up...all Im saying is, people..in general...want whatever they dont have, and if they dont have it..they blame someone else..

So perceptive - I think that's a perfect example!!

2. Misha profile image63

Did I already say you are a wise girl? smile

5. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Yep, we have a really cool political system here that works as dennisematt pointed out. We divide into sides, and if someone from the other side gets in to power we do everything possible to undermine, find fault in, and criticize that person.
    There's a big emphasis on 'being right' more than on what's best for 'the people.' IMHO. wink

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well Im a lover not a fighter smile

That's why I love ya! big_smile

7. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

He's the new guy. It's like that.

8. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong - and this goes to the American hubbers, do you guys honestly think its gonna take a wave of a magic wand to correct the mistakes or rather deliberate foul ups of Bush in just a couple of months? C'mon, give the guy a break. Being American President is tough enough, now he's gotta do it in these times - first black President and all. Cant even begin to fathom the pressure on him now. Cant even begin to fathom how he keeps it together. Cos if he messes it up, its Armaggedon on the entire black race...this is no melodramatic rant, either.

1. Misha profile image63

It goes way longer than Bush, Fiery. At least back to the start of 20th century, if not to the middle of 19th...

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. But none of those times play as much a significant role in shaping the destiny of America and the world as these times.

1. Misha profile image63

It could have been shaped differently, but only so much, great crisis was inevitable either way smile

2. Ron Montgomery profile image62
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go ahead and get it over with.  Anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

1. profile image0

<snipped personal attack>

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62

You said that cause I'm white.  I'm telling!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I disagreed with Bush , I wasnt a racist

3. Ron Montgomery profile image62

I will gladly correct your post, because it is very wrong.  There is no imminent armageddon for the entire black race, your post is in fact the rant you claim it is not.

1. profile image0

And what do you know?

That reckless speech, while constitutionally protected, can have dire consequences.

2. rastrother profile image40

he's right there is no imminent armageddon for the entire black race because they are no longer the minority. whether or not obama fails or succeeds the black race will survive.

9. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

This is true. People should give him at least a year in office before they start judging him. Rome wasn't built in a day.

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Who? Ron or Obama? Either way disagree lol

Thanks, I consider myself the smartest of the idiots.

11. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

I would vote for dennisematt in '12.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha HA ha  lol  I respectfully decline!! I dont want to be in charge of this mess. thank you tho.

Dangit! smile

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

And they take it as part of the job...

13. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of white people who can't stand to see a black guy as President. They say so in as many words (or worse) to each other, but in public it has to be all about Obama's birth certificate or whatever.

There are way too many thin-skinned white people in the U.S. if you ask me, always watching for a slight or an insult or some sign of 'uppityness', as if all it takes is one black President to take away their crappy ranch houses and their daughters and then give all their money away to big fat welfare queens. It's total crap and I'm sick to death of it, seriously. These people just need to grow up but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think it's a rant or overreacting to say it will be messy and violent if Obama fails. I think that too. But this time I do think white people will start the violence, not blacks, and then lots of other groups will join in.

We're gonna be like South America. New guy every year. No money.

Holy Cow!!!

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is this so hard to believe or understand? I'm just repeating what I hear come out of the mouths of actual human beings around here. (Michigan.) I'm not saying I personally agree with it or find it sane, I'm just saying, people say this stuff. They say it flat out in private. In public, they hedge and talk about birth certificates.

If you want to gaslight me, I don't care. Lots of people feel better if they just pretend it's all nonsense and making me into a joke on the internet is easier than looking at it. But it doesn't make it untrue. Enjoy your day. smile

1. profile image0

This is clearly one of the wisest people I've ever seen in hubpages. Clearly.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pam, as one who responded to your post I wasn't trying to gaslight you or make a joke of your post.  I do wonder, though, if any our perceptions are colored by the area in which we live or the "circles" in which we hang out.  From the people I've been around, nobody's bringing up birth certificates at this stage in the game at all, and people pretty much say whatever they're saying to one person or to several.  I, personally, have not had private conversations with anyone who does a public speaking; so I can only know about who says what to me, in private; and who says whatever they say out in social settings.  (Again, it's all pretty consistent.)

In the circles in which I hang out, Obama's color ceased to be an issue once the historical significance of his election was over.  From where I am, even people who didn't like him were moved to know that the country finally made that "step" in electing a non-white president.

From where I am (the Northeast) there are people who didn't ever want him because they're Republicans, people who didn't want him in but thought he was better than getting McCain and Palin so voted for him; people who wanted him in because they're Democrats, and some who thought he was "the second coming".   Of the ones who wanted him in, many don't like what he's doing now.  Some are reserving judgment for a while.  The ones who thought he was "the second coming" (or Santa Claus) are bound to be disappointed, either now or later.  Voila - you got a whole lot of people who have negative stuff to say about the guy without regard to his color at this stage in the game.  (A lot of those people are African Americans as well as White people.  Again, from where I am, I give people more credit than believing his color is going to continue to dominate his presidency or how people see his performance.)

I must have misunderstood.  When you made racially inflammatory comments about thin-skinned white people who were watching out for uppityness and waiting to commit acts of violence against black people, you wrote them in a way that suggests they were your own thoughts.  If on the other hand, you were stating that these thoughts are sometimes expressed by radical fringe groups which you are presumably not a part of, then we are in agreement.

1. profile image0

You're so dumb, its surreal.

Ah Ah Ah....personal attacks not permitted Kimosabe

You should come over for a beer.

2. profile image0

There's a lot of sense in this. Admit it, people. Obama's getting the brunt of it all...than ever his predecessors did, plus more.

No, there's not a speck of sense in this rant.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't see all that drama if Obama fails.  The Constitution gives us a president for 4 years.  If Obama fails as a president he'll be like Carter - a one-termer with a few positives to his name but the reputation of not being a "great" president (which most of them have anyway).  He will always have the distinction of having been the first non-White president.  Like all the rest of the ex-presidents, he'll have the chance to build some kind of legacy for himself after he leaves office (if he doesn't have much of one before leaving). A lot of well liked presidents have been demonized by people who don't like them, and a lot of rotten presidents are well liked in spite of it. 

I give the country and the people more credit than to think if this one guy fails everything will fall apart.  We've had failures in the past and managed to wait out their terms and elect someone new.  I really don't envision White people rioting either way.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image58

Yeah, at least Bush's nonsensical rants were funny.

And grammatically correct.  Wait....which Bush?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image58

The one that "can't get fooled again."

Hey, Davina, why u gotta misunderestimate Bush?? lol

You need to correctify your commentaricals.

2. rastrother profile image40

yeah bush's rants were pretty fun. but hey i wonder if obama can do dodge a lobbed piece of footwear like bush did? twice smile

Based on the pitches each has thrown, Bush seems to be the more athletic.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

We see that you sick Pam. Get better soon smile

15. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I don't think I could bake a muffin sufficient for that post.

16. James S. Thornton profile image60
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

I don't know which sites you were visiting, but I've seen Bush being shat on quite a bit as well.

I was visiting Reddit and Digg. Still do, btw.

Did you know it's possible to become addicted to frustration?

Defensive pessimism is partly to blame.

I don't give in to it. I regard it a lousy coping mechanism.

17. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

The Mark Knowles / Fierycj ticket is the front-runner for 2012.

18. profile image0
    LeM22posted 14 years ago

I disagreed with Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and now Obama, but I respect them. Tough job and you gotta learn to listen first and speak rarely.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)