The Ouija Board

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I've never used one, but I am very curious about them, my logic tells me that it's nothing more than a piece of board with letters and numbers on it, but at the same time I can think of no good reason why those who have told me their Ouija board stories would lie to me (including several hubbers).  Are they crazy?  Do Ouija boards really work?  Any thoughts?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/iamanerd121/oh%20the%20horror/ouija-board.gif

2. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Have no idea. When I was a kid, my brother and cousins would play that game at our lakehouse. I let my cousins believe the game was spooky even though I overheard them talking about moving the guide over the board to scare me......

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

WTF is OB? Oh, I see, you just published a hub on it! Cool. Should I tell you you are breaking the rules, or you know this already? wink

Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OB?  Don't tell me you've never heard of a Ouija board Misha, I find that hard to believe. smile 

Breaking the rules (or do you mean the Ouija board rules), why?  Where's the link? big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really, never heard of. Don't forget, I came from a different culture. smile

And you are breaking forum rules promoting your hub, albeit not as blatantly as direct link smile

That's interesting in itself, I thought the Ouija board was a world wide thing, perhaps you have something similar under a different name, I beleive they're also known as spirit boards, oracles, and loads of other names.

I think I'll have to disagree on the promoting of my hub though, I hadn't even mentioned it, although you've kind of done that job for me, cheers buddy! wink

Don't suppose you fancy dropping a link to it in here for me too. big_smile

1. Misha profile image62

Yeah, I looked at the hub, and I think they used to play a lot with that stuff in Russia early in the last century. Guess what happened next? Communist revolution. wink

As for breaking rules - I think you did. Ask Maddie to be sure, so you make an informed decision next time smile

lol, is that better or worse than Demons?

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
                Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depends which side you were on. I shouldn't think the tsar and his family were thrilled!

2. Misha profile image62

Likely the same shit smile

4. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

DO NOT MESS WITH IT!!!!!

I get told that a lot! lol, I'm guessing you're a believer DM. smile

5. Lady_E profile image64
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Now we're talking. MR Voodoo, this is your Territory and I'm curious to read what people will write. I hear it works but I have had no experience of it.

Despite the dark looking avatar and the 'voodoo' in the name I have practically no experience with anything paranormal, I've never seen a ghost, played Ouija, the closest I've come is with 'sleep paralysis' which is pretty odd, but apart from that nothing.

But so many people claim to have had Ouija board experiences that it's almost harder to believe that they're all deliberately lying than that they had some kind of genuine experience.

6. James S. Thornton profile image60
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

If you believe in contact ghosts hard enough, you can even contact ghosts of people that never even existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8

7. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

The Ouija board...hmmm. The spirits reside in it. Bound perpetually by reason of their past evils...tis a secret. We of the Order do not speak of this. I pray thee, let the matter rest, lest the anger of the spirits be kindled against thee.

Nice!  Did you just make that up?  That's good stuff.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep. Talk about weird stuff, and I switch into medieval mode. :-)

That's cool, I like it, kind of 'Lord of the Rings'.

1. profile image0

Love 'Lord of the Rings'

2. Lady_E profile image64
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What sayest thou O'Fiery Stud? Are you talking from experience and if you are kindly share...

1. profile image0

My fair one...should thou ask this of me? I shall unseal the matter unto thee...within the secret chambers of our courtships, yea within the courts of our caresses.

1. Lady_E profile image64
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. That's really good - the way you wrote it. Very Shakespeare. smile

1. profile image0

Hmmm. Thanks.

8. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Hmmm...I think if you believe in it, it will work, if you don't, it won't.  Interesting way of looking at it, huh? smile

Could well be the case, I think it was 'Ixxy' (where's he been lately?) who said the same thing, that it isn't the board, but the board is a focusing tool for the subconscious psych, or something like that, lol big_smile

1. profile image0

is Ixxy a he?

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth... OK well maybe you can, 'here's Ixxy....'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVriRDWfm0

He emailed me this link a while back.

1. profile image0

I'm at a bar now, so on mobile. Cant stream the video. Would take ages. What does it show?

Ixxy talking about his Sega Genesis video game, he's got one hell of a beard. big_smile

1. profile image0

Creepy stuff.

9. simplyjo profile image56
    simplyjoposted 14 years ago

Yes it works. I've not tried it with the board but writing the same letters in the format on a paper has worked for me - scary, it is, i must tell ya !

See, simplyjo looks like a trustworthy person, would she lie to me?  is she a lunatic?  thanks for sharing simplyjo, I think I might believe you, but I guess there's only one way to find out for sure and that's to play it.

10. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I used it. And I think it works. I've had a couple of experiences with it. A similar board was used in the early 1900s and apparently showed results.

11. profile image0
    Healeyposted 14 years ago

It's a focus.  The board in itself has no 'special powers.'  I mean, come on, they're mass produced by Hasbro fer cryin' out loud.  Now they even glow in the dark.

What it does, is assist the user(s) to focus their mental faculties, and to actuate any psychic abilities.

The power of belief, a spooky setting and powerful imaginations can also do wonders for it's efficacy.

Real things can happen with the board, and, nothing can happen.  It is largely dependent upon the will, concentration and expectations of the user(s).

12. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

My advice to you is do not play with a Ouija Board, unless you know what you are doing. You can never really be sure of what or who you are inviting in. If you are really interested in contacting the spirit world visit a reputable medium or go to a Spiritualist Church.  If you want to 'do it yourself' join a good Development Circle or psychic development class.

Better to be safe than sorry wink

13. jenny88 profile image58
    jenny88posted 14 years ago

I asked someone about it once and they just said

RUNAWAY

suits me fine

jenz

14. oscillationatend profile image60
    oscillationatendposted 14 years ago

I've used a few.

It depends on the people at the board.

It's a tool, and definitely not a toy.

And you must always remember to close the portal with a "good bye."

Many fear it as an agent of Satan, but if you are into spiritual stuff you'll recognize there is spirits all around with nothing in particular to do but play pranks.

15. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have this on my Iphone. I think it works.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)