I'd like feedback on my Hub: Meditate On The Net.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)
  1. MarieLB profile image74
    MarieLBposted 9 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Meditate On The Net.. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Here are some things I suggest.

Use as many original media assets as you can.
      Cite media sources.
      Move video links like YouTube to video capsules.
      Consider revising the title to explain the subject covered a bit better.

MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Matthew,

I appreciate your taking the time.  I will keep these points in mind, when I go over the article again.  Hopefully I will identify where I can improve the hub.

It is very helpful to have feedback.

Regards, Marie

2. seraphic profile image68
    seraphicposted 9 years ago

You need to source your articles, even if you are the producer of the articles. I am learning everyday on here through reading and exploring a few things I have learned to improve my Hubs are:

1. Have a point list in each article.
    2. Have a numbered list in each article.
    3. Source your images and obtain them from public domains.
    4. Do not add in links to all of your images, it reduces your Hubber Score.
    5. Mix it up by shifting an article to the right and adding a shade to it.
    6. Try inserting a table into your hub and make it work.

**You have too many links, this detracts from your Hubber score and reduces the rating of your article causing you undue upset when your article is fine.

***Only have at the most THREE links in your article. If you have more, for some reason HubPages punishes you for it, lol.

I hope a few of these tips help you out, they sure helped me raise my scores.

Hi seraphic,

It is so good of you to take the time.  I am keen to learn to improve my hubs in any way I can.

I note all the points you have listed, but would you please expand on points 1 and 2?
      Do you mean that I should have a list of contents, and index?

Regards,

Marie

1. seraphic profile image68
        seraphicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is all good, we are all learning here!

Point 1- A point list is a bullet list (an option within the text capsule).Example:

-Pack orange juice;
        -Pack peaches;
        -Pack tomatoes.

Point 2- A numbered list (another option within the text capsule) should be used. Example:

1.Rinse off the dirt.
        2.Scrub clean with soapy water.
        3.Rinse again.
        4.Let air-dry.

Just a couple of suggestions, it picked up my Hub scores when I added them.

Hi seraphic,

Thank you for being so understanding.

I get you.  You're telling me that to put steps into bullet lists makes them much easier for the reader to grasp, rather than swimming in a whole paragraph of words.

That makes a lot of sense.

I appreciate your help very much #seraphic, it is most helpful.

Regards,

Marie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)