Why is the Learning Center so hard to find?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I've been writing here for over 4 years and when I want to find the Learning Center I have trouble. Why don't they make it easier to find???

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If I click "Help" in the upper right corner on any webpage on HubPages, it takes me to a page that has a text link that reads "Learning Center" near the top of the page.

Maybe you could book it for easier access: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I finally found it, but they should have a link that clearly says "Learning Center."

1. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is a good idea to have a link more prominent. I agree.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's not the point - it should be staring newbies in the face.  If experienced Hubbers can't find it, how can we expect newbies to read any of it?

On that score, it also needs a good clean-up.  It is just far too big.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Blue Eyes has a point.

2. Shades-of-truth profile image82
          Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I had a hard time finding it at first, but once I did, I immediately bookmarked it for future reference.

Finding it easily would answer a lot of questions before they were asked.

3. SmartAndFun profile image95
          SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"Staring newbies in the face"

YES!!! I agree it should be VERY prominent.

4. Barbara Kay profile image73

+1

2. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've wondered the same thing. If I remember correctly, it used to be in the drop-down at the top of the page where we have our user-name, my account, profile, earnings. They got rid of it from the top of the page (this is how I remember it), and I had a hard time finding it. Then I went to help and found it that way. Also, if you use the internal search engine you can find topics that are covered in the Learning Center. At any rate, I think it should be easier to find too; like up there somewhere where it was at the top navigation of the page.

3. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree 7 years here and I can't find it half the time. I bookmark it, but I have so many bookmarks I forget where I bookmarked Learning Center.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good question.  I think it should be easily accessible in the top header.

2. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

It was harder to spot years ago when it was in a drop down menu ... but since they added the 'help' button at the top of every page it became a lot easier.

If a new hubber is looking for help, wouldn't the help button be the obvious place to start?

How much more prominent could it be?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are right. As is is fine. Maybe plaster it in their face in the hubtool whatever the heck bootcamp is.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree with this. If you click the 'Help' button, which isn't by any means 'hidden', you're taken to a page that has links to the FAQ section, the Learning Center and the Help Forum. And, in case no answer can be found, there's a  form to follow in order to contact staff. What more could we want?

3. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, going to help to get to the Learning Center is going out of the way to get to it. This is logic here; one click from the top of the page is quicker and easier.

3. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

It's pretty easy to find if you go to help, but could be missed.

My solution is to have a Hubpages bookmark section, where I list every page I find useful on the site.  The learning centre is listed there, with other pages, such as my Feed,  Sign In, Forums, etc.

4. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I can always search for the learning centre but once there, I have a difficulty holding in my mind the information. Make it simple and easy to understand.

5. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

I find that on most sites or when using most software programs, clicking the help button doesn't provide me with much help at all. I think over time I have become accustomed to ignoring help buttons and assuming they are mostly useless. Maybe I'm not the only one?

I think a more prominent link clearly labeled "The Learning Center" would be helpful to newbies. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

1. LongTimeMother profile image93
      LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Of course some would complain because it looks like it takes them to a classroom. Who wants to waste time going to a Learning Centre?

Label the button 'Make Money Center' and you'll probably get more takers. smile

It seems to me though, if someone wants help ... they should click the help button. If a newcomer really can't figure out how to find the 'assistance' offered on hp, I have to wonder what hope they'll have of figuring out how to write a successful hub.

I think it is because those of us that have been here a long time are looking for a button for the Learning Center, since we know it exists. Newbies probably would look for a Help button.

I didn't know about the Learning Center when I first started and didn't think I needed help since I already knew SEO. I might have created better hubs if I had known about it.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I can imagine a newcomer would find the 'Learning Center' more easily than a long-time hubber. If a newcomer gets stuck, she'll look first for a 'help' button, through which she'll discover the link to the 'Learning Center'. A long-time hubber who gets stuck might look first for the 'Learning Center' ... but where?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)