I published my 150th Hub today....

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (34 posts)
  1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

...I guess that means I'm either insanely dedicated, or I'm a glutton for punishment who enjoys smashing his head against the wall, take your pick big_smile

Thanks to all who've made the past three and three-quarter years a fun and funky ride. Onward and upward to #200!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Big congratulations on the 150th! Imagine how you'll feel at the 1500th! smile

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
        Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Patty, I just checked your profile and discovered you have over 2100 hubs.

You suppose to be called king of Hubpages.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much smile

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a great accomplishment for a cat! LOL

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12209400.jpg

3. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the 150th hub milestone.

I'll stop by and read it later. Right now I'm busy trying to get the cold water pipes thawed out in the sauna. It was only -20 below when I woke up this morning, just an odd thing.

4. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on that. It takes a lot of work. You're a good writer too, I've enjoyed your Hubs a lot.

My next goal on this account is to bring it up to 150 Hubs; somewhat an arbitrary number, somewhat based in what I perceive as a successful number for this HP account. Might try to get up to 300 or more.

Anyway, enough about me. Congrats again and, yes, onward and upwards!

5. Ben Aidoo profile image59
      Ben Aidooposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Writer Fox that 150 hubs is a great accomplishment for a cat. Still higher, 200 hubs is the way to go, since only 20% of your hubs would bring in the bulk of your page views. To cheer you up, I was thinking about a "Cat Day" celebration, but we'll leave that for later. Congrats.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very well done! You just might be the trigger to snap me out of my hub funk. The referral thing really did destroy me. Looking at my hubs, it is easy to see what works; I just got to write more of those...

7. Christy Kirwan profile image89
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yowza, keep up the great work!

2. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

It probably would be a bit of both?

I feel like such a slacker now with only 130 and I've been here about the same amount of time.  I better get crackin lol.

Congrats by the way - that's a lot of effort!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93

Thanks! Strangely, I've been more prolific in these past few months than I've been in more than a year, even though my traffic is worse than it's ever been. Go figure. Haha

4. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

Congrats. I have more hubs than that but many of them I want to take down as they had been transferred from Squidoo and they were in response to challenges there. Besides, spending time editing it is not worth the effort. Writing new ones is better. I hope to be more productive like you. Well done!

5. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

The latter

6. Born2care2001 profile image72
    Born2care2001posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! That's quite a feat.

7. DaveOnline profile image69
    DaveOnlineposted 9 years ago

Congratulations on this milestone of 150 hubs published!

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 9 years ago

You're feeling ambitious....hopefully they won't be copied.hmm

9. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, I intend to write things, then stare at the screen and think I can't muster the minimum word count, so close the window again.  I must make more effort.

Onwards and upwards as they say - you'll be at 200 before you know it!

10. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Well done on reaching 150 FFC, now onward and upward to 200.

11. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, keep on and never give up.

12. FatFreddysCat profile image93

Thanks for the kind words, all. As long as there is useless trivia taking up valuable real estate in my brain, I shall continue to Hub! big_smile

1. Solaras profile image97
      Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Awesome - I need to get back to writing.  You are inspiring me!

13. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Congrats on 150! I can only imagine the blood, sweat and tears to get there, although the writing itself does get quicker over time with practise as I'm sure you've discovered wink

14. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Congrats, FatFreddysCat. You are one of my favorites, love your humor. Impressive milestone I hope to achieve someday.

15. FatFreddysCat profile image93

Thanx all! I've been feeling the Hub Love this Valentine's week...

16. FatFreddysCat profile image93

...and I just deleted an old, non-performing hub so I'm back down to 149. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. big_smile

1. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So,celebrate twice when you reach 150 again! Good wishes for more and more pouring from your pen paw, pawing from your paw. And pen.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just in case anybody cares....after deleting some more old non-performing Hubs and adding some new ones (time will tell whether they're "performing" or not) I'm back up to 150 hubs again. Onward and upward, or something!!

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's been onward and downward for me. None of the 16 hubs I published between Panda 4.1 in September and the latest Google attack are 'performing', so I won't be publishing anything more for the time being.

17. gurbani profile image58
    gurbaniposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, It's a great deal. Only dedicated author can do it.

18. bankers profile image60
    bankersposted 9 years ago

Congratulation

19. PinoyMom profile image71
    PinoyMomposted 9 years ago

You have lots of ideas to share with everyone.  Two thumbs up smile

20. Rafiq23 profile image87
    Rafiq23posted 9 years ago

Congrats on having achieved this milestone.

21. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! That is indeed a great achievement. Well done!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)