Thank you Jesus for saving me!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (55 posts)
  1. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 9 years ago

This is what we as Christians should be saying constantly as we live in this world. Agree?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And what has Jesus saved you from?

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rational thinking!

2. paulburchett profile image60
        paulburchettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

He has saved me from being separated from him and his love for all of eternity after I leave this world.

But you cannot be separated from yourself (and retain sanity, anyway) and that is all there is.  Your god is inside you, in and of your own mind.

And yes, you will be separated from Jesus, along with everything else, when you die.  Even your mind as it deteriorates into disassociated atoms.

1. paulburchett profile image60
            paulburchettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I won't be separated from Jesus. 2 Timothy 2:11-12 in the Bible tells me It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him. if we suffer, we shall also reign with him:if we deny him, he also will deny us.

Yes, I know.  I also know the bible contains a great deal of erroneous information and cannot be trusted to actually be factual in nature.

Looking at the big picture, history says that God let Jews be defeated and slaughtered by the Babylonians, not once but twice! Defeated and slaughtered again by the Romans, many times. Persecuted and murdered all through the Dark Ages. Hitler decided to top them by murdering over 6 million. Stalin was going to top that but died. Theses were the people god liked! His chosen ones! Sounds like bad parenting to me! Looks like your god started denying his people before long before Jesus came around. By the way, the Babble says that giants, sea monsters and unicorns exist and that the earth is flat.

1. profile image0
                  AC-DCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who are you talking to? No one is reading your babble.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
              Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

<"And yes, you will be separated from Jesus,">
              This may not be true, wilderness.
              And you have no idea either way.

3. Paul K Francis profile image83
        Paul K Francisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am forgiven. I am healed. Thank You.

2. profile image0
      AC-DCposted 9 years ago

Totally agree with you Paul!

3. Aneegma profile image70
      Aneegmaposted 9 years ago

Agreed. Amen!

4. ElsieNew profile image60
      ElsieNewposted 9 years ago

I agree! smile  Jesus is in the process of saving us and as long as we continue to let Him hold our hand and surrender our will to Him we will march right into the kingdom with Him.

So God came to earth to save you from himself? Hmmm. If you actually sat down and thought about it, this concept has got to the stupidest of all religions. God is up there playing Sim City with us and has this wonderful plan for each and everyone one of us that includes the 20,000 kids that die each day of starvation. Oh great, there's a psychopath with insecurity issues controlling my life! He loves us (even though there's nowhere in the Babble that says he himself loves anyone) and if we don't love him back, he sends us to hell. LOL. So much for free will because for those who choose not to love him would be victims of "God's will" and part of his master plan. So what exactly are you saved from? Logic and common sense?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

All men

If only Jesus saves, what do you say to all the other millions of God?

Are they all chopped
          liver??

1. ElsieNew profile image60
            ElsieNewposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we are only saved through Jesus.  However He is the true light that gives light to everyone that comes into the world.  (John 1:9)  This means that those who have never heard of Him but do the kind things that the Holy Spirit inspires them to do won’t be lost.  This includes the remote tribes around the world who never had a missionary to teach them the gospel.

That is in direct conflict with Jesus' instructions on how to be saved (John 11:26) and that one needs to spin to change the meaning.

Plus, it leaves those that God hasn't meddled in by affecting their mind (called "inspiration") out in the cold.  As He never speaks to the vast majority of people they seem just plain out of luck.

1. mishpat profile image60
                mishpatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wild, you are messin with my people again... anyway... where is the conflict you speak of?

1. profile image0
                  jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

mishpat you are messing with everyone who does not agree with you.    That is selfish and egotistical.

Do you not accept that there is room in this world for each of us, what ever our beliefs and religious persuasions?  We do not have to quarrel about beliefs.  We can get on and work out our means of survival, in the face of a growing, burgeoning population.   We are beset with so much greed and selfishness, that the only way we can survive is to have good, intelligent discussion and work out remedies; innovate and put better ways into practice.

If you really have the courage of your convictions, you will start to do some real, practical good as well.

You don't need me to go along with any of your beliefs, and I don't need you to drop your beliefs on account of me.   Just learn to accept that each of us can come to a personal choice without hindrance from the other.

2. ElsieNew profile image60
          ElsieNewposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are forgetting the evil force in our world.  We are in the middle of a war on our planet.  Evil verses good.  Also the concept of an ever-burning hell is from the evil one too. 
          God is love and unselfishness while satan is death and selfishness.  Each person chooses who they want to serve. 
          The starving and suffering men, women and children are suffering from the evil one who inspires people to hurt others plus natural disasters and sicknesses he can cause while God is in charge of the helpers. 
          Go here to read all about it.  Just the first couple of chapters will give you the info. 
          http://www.whiteestate.org/books/pp/pp.asp

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12200860_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

These problems you have displayed here in your pic. is nothing but "man made" problems. Yes, man is responsible for these atrocious acts.

There's no problem with these pics. The problem is that you believe in some man made deity that that's suppose to have this well thought out plan for everyone. He's supposed to be all powerful and yet unable to simply say "hello". He had to impregnate a man's fiance against her will (there's a four letter word that starts with "r" that rhymes with "ape" for that. I see it doesn't appear in the 10 Commandments. But the first four deals with his insecurity issues) to produce a son but in Genesis he made man from dust but had to use a rib to create a woman who he'll crap on later. So he has this son that will die on the cross because he pissed off the Jewish elders and priests, or is it that he died for our sins. Basically saving us from himself - good one! Of course book of Matthew was not written by the Apostle Matthew and the dying for our sins BS was written 30 years later after Jesus' death by a guy who never met him. But in religion, who needs facts, right? If God is so powerful and mighty, why could he just simply forgive everyone and be done with it? But then again, there would be no cute story for the gullible to take seriously 2000 years later.  It's sad to think that people in this day and age sit around and make up excuses for a non-existent Bronze Age god whose basically a pitiful excuse for a supreme being. Of all the 2100  Bronze Age gods worshiped in the Middle East, Yahweh is the biggest loser out of the bunch. The Sumerian gods Shamash or Enki (Ea) would of been a much better choice. Any more excuses?

1. profile image0

Ever heard of something called "free will?" This is what God has given man to destroy the perfection that he has made.

Yes, it's free will until your god doesn't approve of something that you did and sends sends you to hell. Perfection? God is only as perfect as you make him out be.

2. mishpat profile image60
                mishpatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the forums.  As you have probably noticed, there are some really sick individuals that frequent the Christian pages.  It enables them when one responds.  When there is no response, they usually slink away.

No it's people that post the most ridiculous garbage and expect not to be called on it. Usually the responses and excuses giving by these brainwashed individuals in order to defend their man made god are so stupid it's not worth wasting one's time. Religion: There is a cure..

2. profile image0

You call individuals who have retained the ability to think for themselves, instead of bowing to propaganda dished out by preachers, as "sick?"  big_smile

5. paulburchett profile image60
      paulburchettposted 9 years ago

I do not understand the mind of a nonbeliever. I believe in Jesus & all he represents to me as a Christian. The message you are saying is what you perceive to be your truth just as my bible tells me the truth in which I believe. I find your logic a little theatric but I know that one day we will find out who is right & who was wrong. In the mean time I will be praying for any nonbeliever to come to the lord & ask for forgiveness.

You do that.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12205930_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Paul we will not!  Period!   There is nothing, no consciousness of you or me after our deaths.   You better get used to the fact Boy-oh!

The only chance you and I have of making a difference for good in this world is to work at it now.   Here and Now.   Don't wait until that time of no consciousness.  It will leave you with no sense of having been right or wrong.   Nothing.  NO Thing,  NO sense.  NO awareness.   Get it?  smile

2. insearchof truth profile image83
        insearchof truthposted 9 years ago

Yes thank you Jesus for saving me!

1. profile image0

If that is your choice of belief, that is respected.   But it's not for me and not for a very, very large number of others.   None of US need tremble in our shoes.... it's all make-believe.

1. profile image0

A very, very large number of others? What?? Not quite 3% believe the way you do. Meanwhile, there are over 2 billion who are Christians.

1. JMcFarland profile image70
              JMcFarlandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/

Try just under 20% are not affiliated with any religion,  risen rapidly in the last five years alone.   Two billion Christians worldwide is simply an argument from popularity,  hardly makes the belief itself necessarily true.   By that argument,  Islam with 1.6 billion followers and 23% of the population is almost just as true as Christianity.   When looked at in those terms,  the argument from popularity loses its remaining credibility.

1. profile image0

LOL......

1. profile image0

What's so funny?

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image60
              MonkeyShine75posted 9 years agoin reply to this

And each one of the Christian churches teach a different doctrine

3. mishpat profile image60
        mishpatposted 9 years ago

Romans 1:22

1. profile image0

I agree, it can be seen as funny.  "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

Exchanging the theoretical concept of an infinite god for a physical, finite, earthly image of that god.   I can see the substitution of a human form, i.e., a "Jesus" figure, as being in the same premise.   With so many denominations and sects around the world each having its idea of what that mystical figure of antiquity really looked like.   Then each member of such denomination or sect having a mental construct of that figure, which suits his/her self's emotional needs, then calling it "God," and worshiping it.

Very funny indeed.

4. profile image0
        SirDentposted 9 years ago

You are an idiotic and ignorant fool.  The open-minded people say.  There is nothing after death, you lose consciousness and that's all there is.   If there is a God, he/she/it cannot be the Christian God. 

Those are definitive statements.  Scientifically, they cannot be proven.  This makes them also illogical.

With that being said, Thank you Jesus for giving your life so that I and others might live.  Without the shedding of blood there is no remission.  I lived a life of sin and debauchery until the night I met Jesus.  No one can take that away from me.  It is a personal experience that I had for myself. 

How many who say there is absolutely no god, can say they know it from a personal experience?  Did you die and see nothing then come back to life?  Statements made to look definitive are not always final.  It is simply what you believe and hope to be right. 

For the saved, I have one piece of advice.  Cast not your pearls before the swine lest they trample them underfoot and make them to be nothing.

1. profile image0

Thank you, Sir Dent, for casting me as an idiotic and ignorant fool.  It's most enlightening to realise your christian proclamations are the pearls of godly knowledge and that you regard myself as nothing better than one of the swine. 

Very open-minded.

big_smile

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice way to twist words.  You should read the second sentence.  Also, it was not pointed at one person at all but those who make thos definitive statements with no evidence at all, not even personal experience.

5. MonkeyShine75 profile image60
        MonkeyShine75posted 9 years ago

I can't believe how Christians speak to non-believers here
        That's no way to talk to someone if you're trying to convince them of God.
        So what's your true point?

6. insearchof truth profile image83
        insearchof truthposted 9 years ago

I look at salvation differently. As a believer I don't judge someone as christian or non christian as their life is a journey.  I don't think it's nice to call people ignorant or foolish if they don't believe. I consider myself to be an intelligent woman but at one stage of my life I had no faith. I wasn't ignorant or foolish. Words can not convince someone of Gods existence.  I am living proof of that. There were no words that convinced me.

I agree with the original post because Jesus saved me, and I'm thankful! My prayer is that God will reveal himself to those here in the forums and that nasty christian comments won't turn people away from him.

1. MonkeyShine75 profile image60

You may not, but a lot of people say they are Christian, and act without love and the two are separate

1. insearchof truth profile image83
            insearchof truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

7. profile image0
        SirDentposted 9 years ago

I am going to rephrase my earlier post.  I can see how it was misunderstood and I apologize for that.

Hopefully, sense can now be made of my post.

1. profile image0

Thank you for that explanation, Sir Dent.   Your original version came directly after my posting and I was so surprised, almost speechless!  But a bit of humour instead of hurt in such circumstances can often save the day.

So, I can now address your points of view, if you will allow me.

" There is nothing after death, you lose consciousness and that's all there is."  This continues to be my opinion.  Logically, all of our senses, all of our nervous activities, and the energy supply that goes to support such activities, cease upon the death of our bodies.   The senses and nerve supplies of other living organisms take over our bodies which have served us for so long.   It's a grand re-cycling of physical resources no less. 

My mind was part of my life functions.  That also ceases upon my death.   It is not an unreasonable process of logic to conclude there is nothing of consciousness that remains from my life span.  It is conceivable that some kind of "spiritual" entity  then takes over my consciousness and redirects it into some other plane of existence which I cannot be aware of in this life time.   I don't "know," you don't "know," no one "knows" if that is the case.  Anyone like your self, (and my self up to 30 years ago) can believe that such a plane exists and that you, I, all living creatures, will pass into that other consciousness after this life.   It's a reasonable belief but not a certainty.  It cannot be.  We are born and built into a physical form that appertains to this world, no other.

I do not need to, or have to, agree with your belief(s).   You do not need to, have to, agree with my point of view.   If your beliefs turn out to be correct, my "disbelieving" will not alter that one iota.  If my assumptions turn out to be correct, neither you, I or anyone will be the slightest bit wiser..... we will be gone, period, with no way of knowing the answer.

To sum it up, you and I are on an equal footing.   Neither of us provably right or wrong, but equally able to apply our "Here and Now" to good works.  It is only these works, waiting for our energies and efforts, that require our attention before it is too late. This can be our asset and our salvation.  Any argument about faith, religion, or any presumption of "more-righteous-than-thou" attitude, that can never be unequivocally proven, gets us no where useful and will become liabilities for our neighbours, whoever they might be.

And, finally, open-minded people would never say "You are an idiotic and ignorant fool."  I presume this is a quote from somewhere else, not your own, Sir Dent.

Anyway, this is how I see it.

My mom was dead for three minutes, and came back without any damage. She spoke to us about being aware she was dead. She died her final death a month later. She wrote her experience, and my dad has kept what she wrote.

I had 3 out of body experiences which showed me that there is no death, not of the spirit
            To me I have proof, but for others they can only believe it, or not

You can't know for sure if you haven't experience  it

1. profile image0

You are free to believe whatever you like Debbie and I respect that.  There are perfectly reasonable explanations for what happened to your Mom, arrived at by scientific study and research.  Those are what I personally prefer to accept until some other plausible explanation comes along.
              For me, having had experiences of living, the christian religion is not plausible or acceptable..... but I bow to the human desire for belief.

I'm not a christian, and I don't even go to church. The spirit living on is not based on religion, but my OBEs, and the fact that my mom was dead, it took three minutes to revive her after they decided to resuscitate. There's been a lot more than that which I don't wish to share on a forum
                Believe what you wish, I won't call you stupid for your choice, but I'd like the same in return, common respect

1. profile image0

Have not received that respect?

I'm just saying
                    But I've witnessed others trying to express what they feel, and they got ridiculed for it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)