FIXED: HubPages Share button not working

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12242045.jpg
    For the past two days I have be unable to share hubs on HubPages.  All other share buttons are working fine.  I do not repeatedly click the share button.  Normally, by the count of seven, the button will turn green and it has been shared.  Now, nothing at all happens.  Has anyone else been able to share on HubPages recently?

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I shared one yesterday, waited for five min

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh really ...wow, five minutes!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I always knew that but it did not work today, I counted to 10 and nothing happened.
          I did find out something wierd though. It is not useful but it is strange. It works on old Hubs (counting to 3), but not on recent ones.

Wow, now that is weird to say the least!

2. CatherineGiordano profile image77
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have been trying to share and today there were quite a few comments in which people told me they were h+ ing my hubs.  If H+ doesn't work we all probably lost views we would have otherwise gotten. That hurts.

That is a good point, Catherine. Let's hope it is fixed and working properly soon.

I just went back to try to share a hub that I read a few days ago, and I was still unable to share it.

3. CatherineGiordano profile image77

The share button was not working, then it was working, and now it is not working again.  So frustrating and what a waste of time.  I let it sit for 5 minutes and then tried again without success.  I'll keep trying every five minutes. e

1. paradigm search profile image53
        paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are right. Still not working. I tried sharing my masterpiece on this account via another account. To no avail.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image77

If the share buttons won't work, I'm going to hold off on reading and publishing until it is fixed.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think this is related to this on-going known issue.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2709343

I just checked and was able to share a Hub.
      When I clicked the H+ button, the dialog opened almost immediately and then there was a 2 second delay from when I clicked to share it and it showing as such.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Matthew - I just now tried to share a hub & nothing happened - I not only gave it plenty of time, I got up, left the computer, got something from the kitchen, came back & still no results.  The button did 'click' and register that I'd tried to share, but it didn't follow through.

This was on Chrome.  I'll try some others.  My macbook is up-to-date, btw.

Matthew -

I just tested it on Safari and Firefox (already had a fail on Chrome).  None of the share buttons worked for me.  All three showed the brief 'blip' confirming I'd pressed the button, but none of them processed it and confirmed.  I waited through several brief TV commercials each on Safari & Firefox, and had actually left the room for a bit on Chrome. No results.

None of them ever showed the share was processed & executed.

Hope that helps -

Marcy

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

I have been in communication with our engineering team.
          There is currently an issue that mostly affects authors with many followers.
          This is having an impact on the sharing buttons and in some cases means that the button is not working properly.

I'll give that a try - (the restart, etc.) will let you know if it improves.  So many of us are having this problem lately!

Yes, I am on OSX yadda yadda (the new one).

Meanwhile - the snack from the kitchen was good. All is not lost.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image77

I just was able to share a hub that wouldn't share earlier today. so I hope the problem is fixed.

5. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Alright folks! We just deployed a fix, so this should be working again.

Make sure to clear your browser cache and restart your browser!
      I am monitoring this thread in case there are any other reports.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you have a great day!

Just took it for a test drive, and it works!  Thanks, Matthew!

It took only a second or so for the share to go through - this is the fastest it's been for a long while. It had gotten very slow, and then just stopped responding completely.

Many thanks for the fix!

Thanks Marcy for taking the day shift here LOL... I work in the city with an hour commute during the week and I just arrived home and tried to share a hub AND IT WORKED!!!!  HALLELUJER AS MADEA WOULD SAY LOL!

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Just arrive home, Matthew, and I was actually able to SHARE A HUB!!!  Thank you.

2. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Nope.  When I try nothing happens and a lot of people have been bringing it up too that either it doesn't work, or they are seeing shared items pop up multiple times on their feed.  It must be low on the priority list I guess.  Instead, I've just been sharing other hubs to social media instead.

Thank you so much, Christin. I thought it was just my computer. That is what I have been doing, just sharing others' hubs everywhere else. When a read a good hub, I always like to share with my followers to show support. I think you are right about it not being high on the HP priority list. I think I saw another forum about other technical issues with the site. So they must be scrambling with those other issues.

1. mary615 profile image81
        mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the share button is frustrating!  I also like to share Hubs on social media.  I think that really benefits the writer more than just sharing with other Hubbers (although I like to share here, too)

Hi Mary, me too, as it helps with views from the outside world. I just like to be supportive however I can. At least they are working on speeding it up, although it seems it is not working at all. It always has been a bit slow but now ...

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

We recently did a little work to speed it up, but it needs to be re-architected to improve the performance.  We also need to add it to the mobile site.  Lot's to do!

Thanks so much, Paul. It has been very slow but now it seems it just does not work at all. Yes, a lot to do no doubt.

2. no body profile image69
      no bodyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Is the "share button" the one that is marked H+ ?

Yes, it shares hubs to your followers to show support for other hubbers here on HP.  AND IT WORKS NOW!!!  I JUST ARRIVED HOME AND SHARED A HUB!

4. Keisha Hunter profile image68
    Keisha Hunterposted 9 years ago

And here I was under the impression that it was frowned upon. Thanks for the thread Faith.

Hi Keisha, sharing your own hubs on HP is, which I do not do, but it is fine to share others' hubs as that is what the button is for. However, I do see from time-to-time hubbers sharing their own hubs which is fine as long as you do not do it often. I just feel a bit strange sharing my own hubs on HP.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I, too, have been having this problem Faith. I have been reloading Hub, retrying Share over and over all morning on same Hub - no luck.

Hi Kevin (The Examiner-1), yes, it is just flat-out not working.  They said they are trying to speed it up, but I think it is not working at all.  Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.  For a while it was really slow, but now it seems it just does not share.

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine seems to be working fine.  Sometimes it takes a little longer than other times, but it's been ok.

Hmm, I will try it today.  Thanks for letting us know, Glimmer Twin Fan.  It has been taking a long time but would eventually share, but for the past two days, it would not share at all.  They have been working on it, so maybe it is good to go now, hopefully.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image59
        The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Faith,
        Before lunch it was not working. I just tried it again a couple of hours later and it did not work one Hub but it worked on another one.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the update. Hmm that is odd for it to work on one and not the other. I will go back over my activity and try to share some of those I was unable to share the other day and see what happens.

6. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

I have not been able to use that function either, today.

Thanks shades of truth. I wonder why some are able to share and others are not?

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Matthew -

I just cleared browser & restarted & still no luck.  I let it sit for a good long time - through a few commercials.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)