Stay Tuned

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (38 posts)
  1. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

The "nonsense" thread. Or not. Can be serious. Can be not. Generally one-liners; but expanded upon is certainly fine.

Can be rant. Can be brag, minor preferred; major should be a separate thread. Can be observation. Can be opinion. Can be philosophical. Can be whatever you want it to be. This thread is for messing around and having fun.

I'll start...

I had an extraordinarily peaceful, non-crowd grocery trip experience this morning.

My illustrious 1982 Camaro runs fantastic.

I no longer watch TV news. As a result, I think my view of reality is less warped.

No cable here, Netflix continues to serve me well. $1000 a year saved it is.

Sorry for the suck up, but HubPages truly is fantastic; a major part of my retired life.

My current project is setting up an indoor hobby, work, and repair shop. The tool shed outside ain't making it.

2. paradigm search profile image54

What happened to the recent utube following videos? They seem to be gone. I liked them.

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I spent 7 hours today on a hub I published about an hour ago.

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Seven hours on a hub that was already written out, with lots of photos.

paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"On the first part of the journey I was looking at all the life."

Hi.

Right back at you.

Like to play?

Some times, when I have time to kill.

That is the intent.

2. paradigm search profile image54

btw, I saw. You are a keeper. big_smile

4. paradigm search profile image54

A convoluted attempt as you will. Or as will what want. A new resource. Or just a successful contact to a lifetime partner.

5. paradigm search profile image54

Meanwhile... Real chat?

And not. I will try again.

6. paradigm search profile image54
  7. colorfulone profile image78

Can you help me find the "Blue Link In The Description To Watch The Full Movie"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnyvMcBeG7A

No.

The silly thing about it is, I knew you could not help find it.

L00K, there's Paul! 
        I just have Netflix too.

8. Paul Maplesden profile image78
    Paul Maplesdenposted 9 years ago

OK, here we go...

- We just got a dog; I have made up two theme tunes and one sport (BiscuitBall) for her in the time we have had her (no, we don't have kids!)
    - I moved to the US (from the UK) just over a year ago; I *love* the people and the culture, but the politics really frustrates me. The beer is great though
    - I don't have cable either (Just Netflix, Hulu and the hockey channel)
    - I am fickle when it comes to committing to projects long-term, hence being sporadic at HP (although it's still the best community out there)
    - I saw a bear in the wild the other day (well, it was in the neighbor's bins, but, y'know)
    - My mission in life is to persuade just *one* American that Marmite is delicious

9. paradigm search profile image54

Wicked bastard.

10. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 9 years ago

Good evening. Can it be better or  best ?

11. paradigm search profile image54

Hold.

12. paradigm search profile image54

And present.

13. paradigm search profile image54

Walking around here...

14. paradigm search profile image54

And so it goes...

15. paradigm search profile image54

One more profile point and HP quits picking on my links! Happy Camper Day!

16. paradigm search profile image54

Uh-oh... My profile page now says 83, it will ripple out to the forums soon enough. Do not torture HP. big_smile

17. colorfulone profile image78

Oh oh!

My life has ended as I know it. Meanwhile, where'd the rain go? I liked it and SoCal needs it.

No rain here, just snow.

18. paradigm search profile image54

Come to think of it, anyone recently published a hub? If so, announce it here. No need for the link, we're coordinated enough to find your profile page. Meanwhile, I just published a zero-mess How to Microwave Bacon Recipe on my main website; find it if you can. big_smile

19. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 9 years ago

I bought an old used car a month or so ago for $600 because I got an increase in work hours that finally allowed me to get a car. It's a 95 Subaru and it's all banged up. The guy I bought it from got squirrely with it and wrecked it; he sold it to me with a loose exhaust pipe and on one of the wheels was a spare tire; actually it's still like that. But I drive it around nonetheless. It's made things loads easier on me lately, for sure.

I call the car "bro man". More accurately, "bruh man" or "brah man". It's related to the character from the TV show Martin, among other things.

I consider the guy I bought it from a "bruh man", he's a dude and he gets squirrely with the cars.

Those Subarus are awesome by the way. They can take a beating, as bruh man proved. Supposed to be one of the best-built and safe cars out there.

One brief complaint. Bruh man already got the smog check done earlier this year, but they're making me get another one done anyway because if it hadn't been done within 90 days of purchase/transfer then you have to have it done again. Sucks. To top it off, when I went to get a smog check done, the loose exhaust pipe made it so the guy couldn't get a reading. So, soon as possible (I've been sick so not getting much done), I need to get the exhaust pipe tightened up and get the smog check done and take the paperwork in to the appropriate agency.

So, that's it.

Sounds like you got a good deal. I will never part with my beloved Camaro. I modified it a little bit...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3980593_f520.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)