Want the proof that Adsense is really Huge ?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (35 posts)
  1. makemoneyonline profile image38
    makemoneyonlineposted 16 years ago

This guy + his wife are earning more than 900000$ in 2 months with adsense with a FREE dating site :
    http://plentyoffish.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/plentyoffishcheque2.jpg

Hope or ... despair for you ? Hope as for me smile

2. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 16 years ago

It's dated 2006.
    Rules of the AdSense game have changed since then wink
    Initially AdSense and Blogger blogs made a goldmine for those with the right tools to make tens of thousands of dollars a month. Remember about the Adwords slap? Advertises got an option to bid separately for Adwords and AdSense content network. It was when high-paying keywords (over $20 per click) sank into oblivion.
    Now our right tool is Content big_smile

makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, he said he now earns more since the time he published his cheque big_smile He has very low paying keywords (1$ CTR) but massive traffics. By the way Adsense is not his only earnings, he also earns from other Ads network.

He was a single former programmer and still is with a bunch of Windows Server (yes not Linux) packed in his house and his wife doing the accounting ! And he doesn't do things the way other do.

What amazed me is that he has reached this earnings in a very fast pace. This comfort me that it is really possible to make a breakthrough if you are technically and originally minded smile. I also  want to do things my own way and he will be an inspiration for me though I don't expect to succeed in the same time frame but within 5 to 8 years because I'm not a salespitch guy and I have a regular job which I need to secure a stable revenue.

3. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

The guy who got that cheque owns the site plentyoffish.com

He sunk a LOT of money into Adwords campaigns. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. It paid off yes, but as charlemont has pointed out, things have changed since then.

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow!  POF has a lot of pervs on it, so I'm sure they're clicking all the sex and dating site ads.  LOL

I just wouldn't want to get my money like that.  Not that I think that he started out to have that kind of site, and there are some really nice folks there, but still, it's a site dedicated to hooking up, basically.

2. makemoneyonline profile image38

Well that I didn't know thanks. But even if he sunk 500000 dollars of adwords, if it brings double this amount that is still worth: 500000$ within 2 months smile

In truth I can't see any reason how a little guy with a programmer's job could bring so massive traffic without building it without some marketing tools. And this show adwords is worth also - though I know many people did get burned with adwords that's why I'm studying it right now before committing my hard earned money.

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If I remember correctly, the amount was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The traffic was bought. That's how he done it.

The rules have changed now though.

What he done is called Adsense Arbitrage. He bought cheap traffic, and in turn he had ads which were paying more than the ones that he paid for.

You may want to read this blog post about Google's change of tact.

Also notice that http://www.plentyoffish.com no longer has Adsense ads displaying on the site.

At least none that I could see.

Thanks will read it later.

Well I have just clicked on link and he has Adsense again ! Maybe adsense doesn't show up for your country ? I learnt that Google is now making Asian Webmasters Life hard.

1. jaymz profile image78
            jaymzposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No Adsense that I can see. Where do you see it?

1. embitca profile image83
              embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

The adsense links are on the interior pages, not the home page. Are you clicking around on that site?

1. darkside profile image62

I randomly selected profiles and also went for a nudie run through the forums big_smile

Still couldn't see any.

Could you copy and paste a URL of a page where you can see ads. I'm now quite intrigued whether or not I can actually see them.

2. profile image0
                terrygposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Darkside to a new world of adsense. Go to the site, right click mouse and look at line 40 on the source code.

There is more to adsense then just sticking a few ads on your site.http://www.freewebby.com/shocked-smilies/eyerub.gif

2. darkside profile image62

Demographically speaking Australia is closer to the US than to Asia. In that our net traffic is deemed to be a higher quality.

Though there are ways that a webmaster can display or block parts or the whole of a website to IP ranges of their choosing.

4. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

Yep, and that site has MASSIVE traffic. It is one of the largest dating sites on the internet.

At the beginning I thought he was a scammer because I never use dating sites so I never heard of him before smile

5. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 16 years ago

He also has a site about making money so check if you are interested.

http://www.shoemoney.com/

Are you sure ? I rather remember that it is his "ennemy's" site as shoemoney burst fisher's claim about his 900000$ earnings ... until fisher shows Google's chek smile

But thanks for reminding me as I never read his bio and I really fully agree with him about this philosophy:

For the three years he “attended college, Schoemaker continued to run his business. Then the dotcom crash happened. He had failed to plan for the crash and didn’t have the money to pay for his hosting.

Philosophy And Business Model

1. Embrace new trends and look for opportunities to exploit them.For example, SMG entered the ring tone market early, captured traffic and has monetized it. Finding angles and exploiting them for profit is a key aspect of SMG. Maximum and diverse revenue streams are built on fairly narrow marketing concepts that are then diversified. This is what Jeremy Schoemaker calls, “The Coke Theory. If you are already making Coke then you can make Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, etc and turn a profit on those as well. A company can achieve growth through small degrees of separation between sites, maximizing diversity within a small industry.
         2. Focus on what you know.From the beginning of SMG, Schoemaker focused on the aspects of marketing that were second nature to him. He built his sites on those natural marketing principles while running the backend. Web design was a secondary skill, so he focused on the marketing of the sites, which then built revenue. Later he would invest in a professionally done design. Schoemaker continues to focus on existing sites and expand their income potential by building a network of sites centered on a central theme. Again, the “Coke Theory.
         3. Small changes can equal big revenue.Once a base of traffic and revenue is built, don’t be afraid to experiment with the site. Once the traffic is there, small changes in design and structure can make big changes in revenue. Ad placement, recurring subscriptions and affiliate marketing can ad value to a site without disrupting the base of revenue. Monitor revenue daily, even hourly to see how your changes have affected revenue. If it’s not working, you can always go back to the way it was.

2. zuk1 profile image60
      zuk1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty damn certain ShoeMoney does NOT own that site.

6. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 16 years ago

This guy has been raking in the $'s for a while now. It proves you can make huge money from adsense but I would settle for a comfortable living.

I wonder why the "Adsense is dead" Myth is still going on smile

7. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 15 years ago

POF makes the most revenue from AdSense out of all the sites on the internet, period. It's impossible to realistically compete with this, the site gets almost 100 million pageviews a month (might be more now).

8. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Plenty Of Fish does not make that kind of money any more, not even half, and this was made public by official sources. Low bids / Low Competition.

For those that do not know what kind of money POF spent on advertising, it`s anywhere between 500.000 and $ 1M, Markus the founder of POF had a huge budget when started out. It`s the second largest network on the web, but the site needs badly a new design. smile

9. mhei profile image59
    mheiposted 15 years ago

you really have to get a lot of traffic and it takes a while for you to start earning big time  through adsense..we should believe that patience is indeed a virtue big_smile

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I think the original point was well made, that this isn't 2006 any more.  Google has got smarter and there's a whole lot more competition.

11. rmshdc profile image56
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

Adsense is very smart site.  When you start afresh, you get good pay and as you grow, the payment started declining.

Now I am seriously thinking of dropping adsense from my websites and blogs and find alternative to adsense.  I am searching option for adsense alternatives.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I find the opposite is true.

12. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

You would make more from Adsense if you wrote articles. wink

13. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I find the opposite is true too- the more I've written, the more I am making on ad sense. A trickle has started into a little flow now.

14. profile image52
    alexpr07posted 15 years ago

With so much competition when it comes to dating sites Plenty of Fish will not be in the business for long. Just check-out another free site at LiveDateLove.com and you'll know why...

15. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 15 years ago

There's no absolute doubt that adsense works. However I do doubt that everyone can make $900,000. Sorry, I'm just being realistic. I totally agree the more articles you write the more you will make with adsense. It's a numbers game.

1. brad4l profile image69
      brad4lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well I think this did actually happen, it is fairly well documented, but it was a long time ago. Well a long time in online time anyway, 2 years. I sure wouldn't mind making a small part of that...

1. Edwin Clark profile image62
        Edwin Clarkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't doubt that it happened for plentyofish. I'm doubting that it can happen for everyone.

16. anne.moss profile image61
    anne.mossposted 15 years ago

I have seen quite a few largish adsense checks - in what used to be called the UPS club (if you made over $10k a month, they would send you the check via UPS). Not my own checks, alas, but fellow webmasters used to be in it. I do make enough to get the adsense gifts most years.

Adsense is definitely not what it used to be. Webmasters are reporting lower revenue across the board, compared to what it used 3-4 years ago. Still, it's a good network to work with, but it's always good not to put all of your eggs in one basket and spread around.

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

I had never heard of plentyoffish.com, was always more attracted to the flesh and blood types,,,but while researching commission junction last year - i did come across a pic of 900.000 dollar balance posted by the same shoemacher - I actually assumed he had sites devoted to shoe sales!

dating makes more sense - I get 5 bucks per lead off of Ashley Madison on other sites.

18. jdh351 profile image61
    jdh351posted 15 years ago

That is a massive dose of hope for me.  I have yet to earn with adsense but I just started blogging a few months ago.  It seems like hubbing might help me out though.  Besides I only need a few of those checks that you posted pictures of. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)