The Kardashians

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

I must admit that I never understood the 'Honey BooBoo' phase, but at least that's over with now.  But, what is it with the Kardashian family?  As I understand it, one daughter (who cannot sing, dance or act) did a sex tape and now this is the most famous family in America.  The Dad, 65-year-old father of six kids, has decided to become a woman. I'm not in America and have never seen their TV show, but the whole family sounds like a big joke.  Are they really worth the millions they are being paid for their reality show?  Why does this family keep showing up as a major news story?

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow Bruce Jenner World class jock transform into a woman.

That is news, yet nothing to add to my personal growth.

2. pop-culture profile image60
      pop-cultureposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Because they are sneaky and clever business people. Now you might argue that they make money because they are famous because of their TV show, but it's only partly true. Their TV show income is about 10-15% of their total yearly income.

They made over $100 million last year, with the show averaging $1.33 million per season. How do they make the rest? Clothes, perfumes, books, shows, appearances etc. Don't get me wrong, I also don't like the influences they give, but I don't mind watching the show - it's entertaining. I like how the mother (Kris) makes hasty decisions, shows off, how ugly Kim looks when she cries, how cute Kourtney's son Mason looks when he starts talking etc. I don't get influenced by it, though.

Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think Kim needs to let some of the air out of her tires – front and back.  She looks like a freak.

1. pop-culture profile image60
          pop-cultureposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I doubt she will. At least not after that Paper magazine stunt. <--- not a fan of that!

3. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image68
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I cannot understand it either and I live in the United States. From what I do understand is I think the Kardashian fame sprung from one of those staged and directed "reality shows" which I abhor.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

...somebody's got to pick up the slack now that "Honey BooBoo" has been cancelled. big_smile

No, but seriously: I've been asking myself that for years now.

I can understand the whoop-de-doo about Bruce Jenner wanting to undergo gender reassignment, because at one time he was a pretty famous jock/Olympian. But that was a long time ago.

As for the rest, I can only guess that the adulation they receive is because they're rich, and a couple of the sisters are somewhat hot. They certainly don't do much of anything else.

But, they got rich because they were given a TV show.  You could put a hamster on TV and he would get rich.  I just don't understand why people want to watch them.  Maybe everyone is waiting for a silicone meltdown under the hot lights.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

As I understand it, the family patriarch, Robert Kardashian (who died in 2003) was a well-to-do Hollywood lawyer, (he apparently had some involvement with the famous O.J. Simpson trial) so the family was rich well before they got their own TV show.

In other words, the current Kardashian clan earned their money the old fashioned way: they inherited it. big_smile

Kris Jenner divorced Kardashian in 1991 and married Bruce Jenner one month later. Robert Kardashian didn't die until 2003. I doubt that Kris got anything in the will, but the kids probably did. However, he married two more times before he died and was married at the time of his death.

The TV show didn't come along until 2007, right after Kim's sex tape was released. That seems to be their only claim to fame.  (Has America slipped so far???)

I thinks America is more concern and news about other people sexual relationships than the collapse of the American dollar. When the America dollar collapse,there will be less sex.

4. junecampbell profile image72
    junecampbellposted 9 years ago

I don't get the kardashians on TV . I just subscribe to basic cable. I know I live in a cave but I barely know who they are or what they do. I've seen the picture of Kim and her well oiled butt of course.

I saw that one, too.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12173303.jpg

Why do women love horses so much?

I like horsing around sometimes.

(This isn't the picture.  This is a parody of the picture.)

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 9 years ago

Make a sex tape and the world is yours---Kim and her older sister think they invented breast and big behinds. I am not a man so this does not appeal to me.

Frankly, I think the Kardashians are as dysfunctional as the Honey Boo Boo Family. I have never watched either show.

I am really embarrassed for this family---they need help I suppose would be the only suggestion I could offer. I think the little baby Northwest is darling---but I am afraid Kim will spoil her and make her into a miniature version of herself.

+1

2. junecampbell profile image72
      junecampbellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They called a baby Northwest?

Yes.  First name is North, last name is West.  Poor kid!  She's already a joke, just like her family.

3. Castlepaloma profile image74

What family is fully functional? Maybe that is what the grand appeal is.

6. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 9 years ago

Thanks Writer Fox for spelling it correctly---I forgot her daddy's last name was West.
    Bobbi Purvis

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)