Oh dear ...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I've been away since wednesday (graduating!!!!) and not had internet and in the last day ive had only 7 views on my hubs and they were all on the same hub (undoubtably google traffic). What the hell am I gna do when I'm away for a month??? I've played with the keywords on all my hubs to try and get more traffic (before i went away) but apparently its done no good.

Anyone got any tips on what I can do? I'm gna try n write one or two more hubs before i go next week, but really not gna get much done.

HELP!!!!

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You have a misconception that your revenue depends on your activity on the forums. And that you can make money FAST. You gotta rid yourself of both.

Then look at the tips they post for 30DC, or elsewhere on the internet, for a way to find out what your keywords are, and get busy building backlinks with those keywords. In a few months you will see results.

And congrats on your graduation smile

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Congratulations on your graduation.  What a great time for you.

I don't want this come across as discouraging at all (because if you write and keep writing you'll eventually get traffic and earnings); but with 13 Hubs I don't think it will make a giant difference if you take a little time away and just pick up when you get back. 

If you have a "dynamo" Hub (one that's going to take off and gets tons of traffic) it can probably still do that on its own.  (Most Hubs aren't "dynamo's", though, no matter who wrote them.)  If you've got any potential dynamo's and they don't take off on their own, waiting a few weeks to "help" them won't matter much.

If you're like a lot of Hubbers (I'm guessing most), your traffic and earnings will take a while to build even if you're active on HubPages without.  In other words, taking a month off won't make a big difference.  smile

4. jenblacksheep profile image67

It's not about money, I havent even checked my earnings, I've earnt 14 pence so far (in my 5 weeks) and didnt expect to earn anything in the 5 days I was away. I have noticed that my traffic does change depending on how active I am on the forums, I only have one or two hubs that get a lot of traffic from google. And its not jus that either, I wont be able to publish anything for a month, I don't want to just fade away.

I don't have a clue about backlinks, I have yet to master or understand them, but I do intend to!

Thanx for the tips though!

5. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 14 years ago

i personally find that if i write hubs more often, i get views more often.  But when you have 13 hubs, taking a month of a break won't kill ya.  You're barely alive at that point anyway so it won't kill ya.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what about me with my 17 hubs? Am I barely alive too? yikes

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, 17 barely counts.......Wait,I don't have 17 yet.

2. Koby profile image60
        Kobyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats what i dont understand. you have thousands of fans but only 17 hubs.  Did some get erased or something, how did you attract a crowd?

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Looks like I misinterpreted you, at least partially, I got an impression you were talking traffic in terms of money. smile

Hubbers traffic subsiding when you not active looks logical and natural, and I don't think this is something to worry about - unless of course you need something to worry wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
      jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It tells me that the youtube video is not allowed in my country ... :S

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The song is controversial and politically subversive.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL try this version then:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

And don't listen to Ron, he just had a load of acid cupcakes tongue

7. jenblacksheep profile image67

I know I need to write more. Perhaps I should try 7 hubs in 7 days! I have loads of ideas, I just take forever to write anything. I guess I'm quite vain really, I like getting comments more than earning money, and I'm just disappointed that I've had squat in about a week!

8. jenblacksheep profile image67

Haha, fair enough.

Interestingly my earnings have quadropled (or however you spell it), in the last 5 days! I've now earnt 53p!! Perhaps I was complaining for nothing and it was just a bad day! Am still concerned about being away for a month though. Won't do my hubscore any good.

9. jenblacksheep profile image67

Aahahaha, that made me smile! My best friend always says 'don't worry be happy' to me ... its sooo annoying!!

ooo ... cupcakes!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)