A Good Foundation for Family Structure

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

What is it?

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

One parent stays home with the kids to raise the family properly while the other parent works. Not both parents working and send the kids off to day care.

Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I concur.  Furthermore, I think the importance of mothers is highly underrated.

So do I. Babies always do better with a good bond with the mother, breastfeeding for at least a year etc.

2. dianetrotter profile image62
      dianetrotterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh Kathryn, don't get me on my soap box.  I am sooo tired of hearing about "baby mama" and "baby daddy" sperm donors.  The purpose of having children is NOT to have someone to love you.  Then when multiple fathers are involved the plot thickens.

In this politically correct world, getting serious means "moving in" together.  This is why it is hard for kids in the inner city to learn.  They have more on their minds when they come to school that cannot be compartmentalized until the school day is over.  Who comes to the parent night, back to school night, assemblies, etc.

I'm getting upset.  Gotta stop!

Diane

Hi Diane. Thanks for your stand.. on yer soap box.  big_smile

Here is what I am proposing:
        If MEN understood how their responsible committed behavior could benefit the future of society and the world, they might willingly CHOOSE to control the biological promptings of their hormones.
        This makes sense to me.
        Empowering themselves and guaranteeing a truly hopeful and joyful future would be a win-win for both themselves and society.
        Right?

Are we men or mice?

1. dianetrotter profile image62

For teenagers, hormones speak louder than words.  I do take the risk and talk to them about the cycle of poverty they create by planning to get a "county" check, food stamps and WIC.

When kids don't come from a family, they are often unable to relate to a well structured family unit.  All they know is what they do.  When they don't venture outside their neighborhoods, they think it is cool for pants to sag and talk stupid.  School field trips provided the needed awareness when there was money.  However, there is no money for trips.  The emphasis is on passing exams that they are not prepared for because of their pasts.  If is easier to stay up than to have to catch up.

Those teachers who changed the tests were between a rock and a hard place.

If men want empowerment, all they have to do is look within. They don't have to impress anyone of their power. They already have it. They can tap into it.
            We need to help them toward the worthy goal of establishing self-mastery. This ability does start in school through appropriate education. It has to do with understanding the big picture of what it takes to thrive in this world. It is becoming more and more crucial for all American citizens, myself included, to ignore their little small pitiful selves and find the hidden tigers within them.

Keep up the good work, dianetrotter!

1. dianetrotter profile image62

Thank you Kathryn!  It is possible to encourage them.  The problem is that there are just so many of them and you can't reach all of them.  Facebook helps me keep track of former students.  So I'm able continue to encourage some after school.

You are sooo right!  We all have to do what we can to encourage and help others.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Yes, Indeed.
    ...actually more than a year.

It's sad when it's politically incorrect to say mothers should stay home with their young children.

No wonder this country is such a mess.

In Europe, new mothers are given two years off! I have heard this… I wonder if it is true...  We should give our new mothers two years off!

Or, they should just stay home anyway, and make the children their priority. If the father can't make enough to support the family, then they need to rethink having kids they can't afford in the first place.

Yes. My thought is this. The father really needs to be committed to his decisions to start a family. If he is willing to take responsibility for what he has caused to happen, all will be fine.
            I think this willingness to take responsibility provides a solid foundation.
            It gets down to intention.

I agree.

...would you say it comes down to the father's attitude?

I would say both parents. If the mother isn't part of the game as well, then there will be trouble.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

First question, for girls, before having sex with their significant other…" What if I get pregnant?"
    His response should tell them whether or not they should go ahead.

Did you know that condoms are dispensed at colleges and other locations for FREE here in So. Cal?
    Isn't this encouraging irresponsible sexual practices?

Not really. They're going to do it anyway, it's just natural. So they might as well use proper protection.

Condoms are not proper protection. 1% chance of pregnancy is too much chance of pregnancy.
        Why is this so hard to comprehend?
        Our society is just too permissive in my opinion.
        We need freedom within boundaries.
        Not just running-amok freedom.
        No sex until you are married… or at least engaged!

Good enough for me.

Its good enough for anyone.
            If they care about the future.
            The most successful people are proactive and future-oriented.

MOM.

I've never claimed to be a successful person. In fact, I've claimed to be the opposite.

hmmm.    But, success is part of survival!
                Isn't it human nature to want to survive?

I've chosen to have no children, so my defective genes will not infect the gene pool. The future is safe from me at least.lol

Children are very expensive. No one thinks of this in the beginning. Why is this?  One can become quite wealthy as long as one stays out of debt and doesn't have the expense of children and/or pets.
                    If I were a man, I would become wealthy first.
                    My grandfather married a wealthy woman to become wealthy.
                    Was this a good thing?   Did he love her?

Still Wondering.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

It would seem empowering to make it clear how Men can influence the future of the world.
    If they care about it.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

...are we victims of our own human nature?

Of course not. But some people, probably most, will have sex because the urge to is just so strong. They know they could get pregnant, but they set that aside and don't worry about it temporarily. It's pretty strong, don't you think? Especially with the young. They take more risks than a more experienced older person..

The urge to procreate is strong, because our need to pass on our genes is what drives evolution.

drives evolution…
        what drives it?

Life?

life drives us… and we have no control over life?

We have some. Condoms. Tubal ligations. Birth control pills. Abstinence. It must be hard to do though, as birth control is a multi million or billion dollar industry.

...so the urges within us are instinctive and basically we have no ability to control them.
                Guess so.

Never mind then, kids. School of hard knocks will set you straight, if you can't control yourselves. Oh well. 
                Yawn…

MOM

"so the urges within us are instinctive and basically we have no ability to control them"

Of course I've NEVER said anything like that. In fact, I always say the opposite. We absolutely have the ability to go against instinct..

I said it's a HARD thing to do. Wouldn't you agree?

...well, that's why we have to talk about this issue which is essentially a no brainer.  LOL!
                    Yes it is hard.
                    I guess it is good to admit it. Thank you.
                    ...a lot. smile

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Self-mastery, wisdom-guided will. These are the things Men need to work on.

MOM

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

By the way, I am very offended by Madonna's kissing of Drake. See You Tube clip if you dare.
    There is a mom who gave up. What a grubby example of a mom.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

And I still think freely distributing condoms to college students encourages uncommitted, irresponsible decision making.
    Mature, older adults need to encourage the younger ones to take avenues of personal happiness and success...
    not despair and anguish.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Am I brilliant or what?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)