Today is FRIDAY!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image73
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Friday has begun... So where is the hub challenge? Well, any updates or something?

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Everyone's busy hubbing, UH!  Seriously, I published my first two already.  I'm exhausted.  Planning ahead because I will be gone this weekend.  I'm sure there will be a flurry of activity later.

Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can I see Hubs of the people participating. I know the will twitter and do blog posts BUT how will I know. (ignore my lack of knowledge plz)

3. profile image0

Since it's against forum rules to post links to hubs, there will not be an ongoing thread with HubChallenge links.  There's another thread where people declared their intent to participate in the challenge, so I figure I can just keep an eye on those people and their "newest hubs".  Your question was a good one, the same one I had earlier...

4. profile image48
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Well it's all busy on board the Wild Imagination, I have written one and the Captain is getting his ready for tonight. A Cabin Girls life is not easy smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May the road rise UP to meet you ...lol

have a great week-end!

1. profile image48
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol I am so gonna slap that stuffed shirt smile

lol oh tis shapin up to be a cracker of a week-end on the high seas..lmao lol

1. Richard Ring profile image61
            Richard Ringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Argggghhhhh Matey, where be the Rum?

5. profile image0

Oh, poor CG.  Life is rough, huh?  Are you two having your own private little competition?  A wild night out on land for the winner, perhaps?

1. profile image48

We have wild nights at the weekend anyway, do you think I wear this outfit to get air around my chest smile

1. usmanali81 profile image61
        usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Put some descent picture on your display, i will be greatfull

hey usman ,who chopped your head off??

1. profile image0
            dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the freemasons im sure...

lol so enjoying you guys n witty raparte (is that correct) anyway lovin the yakety yaks n laughs ..

2. profile image48

And I would be grateful if you spelt grateful properly you shirt advert smile

3. profile image48

And it's decent not descent, I am free on Wednesday nights if you need lessons, but lose that shirt, it's kinda well Tacky !!

1. usmanali81 profile image61
            usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

what kind of lesson ??

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

I've set up a quick hub to show the rss feed of these as [people were asking.

http://hubpages.com/hub/HubChallenge-latest-hubs

If anyone really wants to follow them, if everyone tags their challenge hubs with the tag HUBCHALLENGE they will appear in this rss feed and on display.

Only the last 8 will be able to appear however, as it's an rss feed - unless HubPages staff can fix that...

This isn't offical, just me trying to help answer the queries above - so if HubPags staff come up with a better idea, I'll just close this hub down if/when it's not needed.

1. Anath profile image63
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've almost finish my first one.  Sorry to sound silly but I don't know how to add the RSS feed.  Any help please?  Can you put in here the exact line I need to paste in my RSS capsule?

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't sound silly at all - here it is:

http://hubpages.com/tag/hubchallenge/latest?rss

1. Anath profile image63
          Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Julie-Ann

7. profile image48

How dare he talk to me like that, I spent my good earnings buying this outfit on my visit to Soho. I mean look at his shirt, it's not even ironed, filthy brute smile

CabinGirl one more word outta that brute an ya need to rip that shirt off him n make him walk the plank, or iron it with him still in it lol

1. profile image48

Ewwwww I am not touching that shirt, I am fussy who I touch, well ok I lied smile How can you make a plank walk the plank ??

ya nut lol maybe thats what the poem means ..may the plank rise up to meet you ..where is he btw , did ya avatar frighten him away, or drew him nearer...ola la

8. profile image48

Oh he's been away 3 hours but he will be back later, I gotta laugh at the fact he is offended by my attire but swears like a trooper on the Forums as in the F word and the Hubs Staff do nothing at all about him.

Censorship yea dunno who gets to make those rules, there isnt any on the internet. Maybe its like tryin to set up home(websites) in the middle of a red light district though, where you can't say f****k
      but you can say fucking??? and no shite ,just no sh*t.

Funny we creature is humans ,contrary lot.

9. profile image48

Maybe he misses my parrot on my bum pic smile

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm stuck at work...

TGIF

1. profile image48

Ok all repeat after me  Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww smile

Have a good weekend though, almost home time smile

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Best not look at my first HubChallenge offering then...

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image73

Heyyy youuu, especially you gals!!!

Look what have you done to this thread ... !!!

kidding lol...

Nice conversation I would say... I wouldn't have read every single reply to my question if you guys were posting stuff about hub challenge...
    This thread is becoming more of rate CG's outfit out of 10, which is interesting.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Sorry ,really ,truly

http://arfsc.homestead.com/sorry_dog.jpg officer, it will never happen again

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

RFOL. Your puppy picture really made me laugh Eaglekiwi. It's sooooooooooooooooo cute.

And CabinGirl, don't change your attire for any man. You're sexy as hell and they just have to live with that.

oooopppppppppsssssssss, gotta write my first hub. See ya.

13. Ultimate Hubber profile image73

hmm

no I am sorry ,I just read the title n thought yay its Friday, not yay its friday hub challenge tid bits ,because I thought there were already a couple set up for that already

its all good smile

I should get my butt off here n sprinkle some joy on my neighbours smile

Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol! sure ... have fun!

14. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have one started, I guess I'll finish it off when I get home tonight.

15. Ultimate Hubber profile image73

I also posted my first about a snake. big_smile

16. Iris Emery profile image61
    Iris Emeryposted 14 years ago

I'm in but might be slow starting!

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No worries, Iris!  You can publish all 30 on the 30th day technically! You'll see better results if you keep a steady pace.  If you need help, holler!

2. Richard Ring profile image61

Slow is better than stopped! smile

Clever answer!  I like that.  How are you coming Richard?

Did my first one last night, will need to do another before going drinking w/ friends tonight. Not sure what I'll write about but since it's still Saturday I'll probably stick to Summer Products for the cross-promotion on the HubMob.

How about you? smile

Well, you're off to a great start then!  The cross-promotion idea is great.  Every little bit helps! 

I'm doing well, thank you.  I have published 3 hubs.  I posted my first hub just after midnight Friday morning, but the date in "my account" shows Thursday.  So, to avoid confusion on my part, I'm going to run with the Thursday date as my first day.  Doesn't matter really...but easier for me to keep track of it.

Kick-butt! Do you think you'll finish your 30 before the 30 day time limit or do you think you'll slow up towards the end and have to burn some midnight oil?

I did 36 hubs in 22 days last time.  I look to beat that this time.  smile

Awweeessooommee; so your HubChallenge is a 'beating my personal best' challenge. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)