Annual Hubbie Awards Categories

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12368518.jpg
    Each year when the Hubbie Awards roll around, I am always thinking of other categories that may be appropriate for the Hubbie Awards.  Can you think of any other categories that you would like to see added in the Awards selection?  I am always amazed how some hubbers do so well in their layout and presentation of their hubs, so I think that a category of Best Presentation in a Hub Award or something along those lines would be great (However, there is already a Most Beautiful Hub Award).  Also, there are always those special ones who you always look forward to leaving a comment because their comments are always stellar in relation to the topic of the hub (However, there is already a Most Supportive Hubber).  It would be hard to choose just one hubber in my opinion on best commenter though, for I have so many who leave amazing comments.  Having stated that, however, I think it would be nice to have a category for Best Commenter on HubPages.  What do you think?  Thank you for your participation here.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image90
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What a great idea, Faith! I'll check with the Team. I think a Best Commenter award would be an excellent addition. smile

Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh, wow, Christy, thank you so much for checking with the Team!  I am glad you think Best Commenter award would be an excellent addition.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I like it too! I admire the prolific, thoughful commenters, because I sometimes can't think of anything to say. I'll work on that, because I know people like feedback.

Hi Patty,

Yes, most do like good feedback on their hubs.  Or at least just knowing someone who reads at least takes the time to leave a meaningful comment.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Not sure if there were to be a category of Best Commenter, would they have to have Level 8 status already ...  to be qualified?

Thank you so much!

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

I have been reading fiction writers and I am torn between short story fiction writers and those who write flash fiction.  I would be hard to choose one creative fiction writer, so maybe break that category into two: Best Short Story Fiction Writer and Best Flash Fiction Writer?  Just a thought.

4. sallybea profile image94
        sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Definitely I have one in mind.

Hi sallybea,

I am sure we all have one that immediately comes to mind, but then I have quite a few that come to mind and so it may be difficult to just choose one.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Unless I've missed the category, how about one for best Hubber expert (other than staff) on IT, Tech Problems, and Website/Blog setup. We have a a few Hubbers that help with these every day. It would be more than the category "Most Helpful", because a lot of people need help with the tricky technology and such, if they have never written online previously. Thanks!

Hi Patty,

Oh, yes, that is a good one there no doubt!  I can think of one right now who I would vote for under that category.  I am no techy, and those who are valuable to me.

I hope they do add that category.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

"Best Commenter" is a good one - but, it would be so hard to choose seeing as how we would probably all vote based on comments on our own hubs.

I think "Most Compassionate", and "Best Historical Hub" would be nice.

Hi Phyllis, yes it would be so hard on that one for sure to narrow it down to just one out of the hundreds for sure for Best Commenter. 

Oh, those are two great categories there you have come up with for sure.  I can think of a hubber for each one already! 

Thank you so much for participating, Phyllis.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

Perhaps I am not here long enough to know all of the awards but how about Best Proofreader, Best Content, Best Grammar...things like those.

By the way, I like the award for the commenter but you could say that there are two accolades for your types of comments.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, the one I came up with good be construed as already under the other two categories.

They have Best All Around Hub, Best Poet, Best Fiction Writer, etc.

On your suggestions, I guess if we never see any typos or grammar in one's hubs, but there are hundreds who write perfect grammar with no typos, so kind of hard to narrow those down too.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

How about basing the selections ( winners) on a little more than simply "likes". I always seem to lose out for best photographer to the birds.

Note the sarcastic innuendo?.....lol

Hello Luis,

LOL, well, what is great about the Hubbie is that fellow writers vote, and so that is what makes it special to me, especially being it is not determined by HP staff, etc.  It is kind of like the People's Choice Awards.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

Some good ideas.

Although it pains me a little - maybe those who won last year should not be eligible the following year.  Give others a chance.

Hi Mark,

LOL, yes, I understand ... that's an idea there. However, being the Hubbie Awards are voted on by fellow writers, and we have a lot of new ones around here from Squidoo ...maybe those from Squidoo just happen to love certain hubbers who won last year and they have no clue that is the case.  So, they would have to skip over their first choice and maybe even their second and third?

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years ago

Can somebody post the current list, so we can get ideas for expansion or tweaking?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's several months away.  I think there are too many categories already:
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/08/18/the … -are-open/

Hi again, Writer Fox,

So, true, there are a lot already.  Maybe cut out some and add more interesting categories?

I thought they normally have it in June, but the last two years they were delayed until June?  If that is the case, May is upon us, and so really just a little over a month away. Does anyone know when they will be this year, being it has been brought up here? 

Thank you!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 8 years agoin reply to this
      1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I meant the list of categories, but I'm glad to see your name there - always well deserved!!!

Hi Marcie,

Yes, I was thinking that same thing for it has been a year and hard to remember exactly what categories there are already.

Tee Hee ...

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Well, how about a Hubbie for Winner of the Most Hubbies? smile

7. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

How about these:

"Smartest Hubber" - Able to give concise, insightful explanations of what's going on; objective analysis of situations; offers new information; helps other hubbers see things from another angle, without emotionality, judgment, or drama.

"Wisest Hubber" - Able to rise above the quandary and offer a thoughtful, food-for-thought type of perspective with neutrality; poignant philosophical point of view.

"Most Nomadic Hubber" - Appears after long absences to make comments and observations; in and out of forums.

"Most Unfeatured Hubber" - just kidding hmm

"Most Elusive Hubber" - Bright, creative, very intelligent, keeps us on our toes trying to figure them out.

1. paradigm search profile image54
      paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Most Demented Hubber" - I'd be a lock for that one.

You have my vote!  LOL

Wow, Jan,

Those are all great!  Thank you for coming up with these.  LOL on the Most "Unfeatured" hubber ... kind of reminds me of when HP actually had Hubber Most Likely to be Banned ... and I am glad they did away with that one for it is so negative.

1. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha, glad you liked them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)