DMCA Filed but Articles Still Active on Copycat website

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 8 years ago

I found several poorly spun versions of my article, at least three on a website called JimDo dot com. I have filed a DMCA with JimDo and received a notice that they received my email but the articles are still published. It looks like some lawyer has used my material word for word substituting a few words here and there trying to make it sound lawyerly.

It's a personal true story about my husband's issues trying to win a case against Worker's Com. The hub is Workers' Comp - The Little Guy vs The Big Insurance Companies and it's been used on several sites without my permission.

Is there anything else I can do to get these articles removed from the "alleged" plagiarists? This is frustrating and not the first time this has happened. No notice is on the hub from HP.

1. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Peg, send the DMCA to the web host in addition to the owner. If you get no satisfaction, you can contact Google and send them a copy. Keep track of your attempts with the owner and web host. Dates, times, etc.

Once the links are taken down, you'll have to go into your Webmaster Tools and request the links be removed from searches.

PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Bravewarrior, I keep all the documents in a folder along with snips from the Google sites where the search located them. I'll keep trying.

It really gets my goat that we have to go thru this. We put a lot of time, effort, heart, and soul into our work. To have someone steal it is just flat out wrong. Why is the world full of so many leeches and thieves?

Hi Bravewarrior,
            Happy to report the website blocked these users. Yea!
            Peg

Awesome, Peg! What a hassle, huh?

2. Genna East profile image83
      Genna Eastposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Peg, when I read about incidents like this, it makes me so mad.  What on earth is wrong with people that they have to steal someone else's work?  I wish you luck  in resolving this disturbing issue.  These people are parasites who have no self-respect.

I'm happy to report that the hosting site has blocked these two users from the site. I received a nice signed letter from them with a contact name in case I find others who are copying. Hooray!!
        smile

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12392890.jpg

2. PegCole17 profile image93

Indeedly do neighbor, Genna. Resolved this issue, this time.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I got two "your content may have been stolen" warnings yesterday - my first ones in a while.

One was on a Pinterest-style site called "Issuu" who are based in the U.S. - I sent a DMCA notice and got an automated response from them almost immediately telling me that they will look into it as soon as possible.

The other was on a site with a ".in" web address, which I thought meant India, but a whois.net lookup sez it's located in Hong Kong. Oh goody. I have a feeling that it's probably going to be a waste of time but I sent one to them anyway. No response thus far.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I got an email from Issuu.com this morning informing me that my content that was copied to their site has been removed. Woohoo!!

The other one is still up last time I checked, but like I said, I am not exactly holding my breath waiting for action on that.

2. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The .in domain is for India, but the person owning and/or hosting it could be anywhere in the world.  What is the name of the website?

It's "moviefind dot in." The"whois" lookup on it gave me a contact e-mail address in Hong Kong (?), so I sent a DMCA notice to that ... but I will not be holding my breath waiting for a response.

1. Writer Fox profile image30
          Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are in luck, because the site is hosted in America. This shows the IP addresses the domain is using:
          http://www.whoishostingthis.com/?q=moviefind.in

Send your DMCA to the hosting company at these two emails:
          Legal: legal@wholesaleinternet.net
          Abuse: abuse@wholesaleinternet.net

Also, the site is using AdSense and you can report it here and get the account suspended:
          https://support.google.com/adsense/trou … 0500?hl=en

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Cool, thanks for the tip(s). When I have a few spare minutes I will release the hounds!!

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

I just started a new thread about dealing with WholeSale Internet, Inc. since they refuse to obey DMCA takedown notices.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130534

Well, that's not very encouraging...

I got nothin' to lose by tryin' though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)