RESOLVED: Has anyone experienced problems with inserting links

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 8 years ago

Recently, I tried to insert a link to another hubber’s article into my hub.  It didn’t work for some reason, so I had to list the connection as an http.  I tried the insert function capsule in the hub design, and also inserting the link directly into the body of a paragraph.)  I’d appreciate any help you can provide.   Thank you!

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Genna,

Not sure, but I believe (could be wrong) but I do remember reading somewhere that with the new implementation of hubs scoring, HP does not want any internal or external links ...or the less the better.

However, it could just be another glitch and not related to the new hub rules. It does make it hard on those of us who do a lot of Spreading HubLove hubs, as the point of those hubs are to share others' work.  HP may take away points with the more links contained in a hub.  Well, it seems to the case.

Genna Eastposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Faith, for responding. After reading through the comments, I think this is a glitch I'm experiencing.  I wanted to insert a link referencing a hub I was responding to; it was a fun and unique writing challenge.  I still can't get it to work for some reason so I had to list the link as an http: copy and-paste.  I was embarrassed.  I value your suggestions. :-)

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But, you can link to one hub of another hubber that is related to your article. Hubpages, themselves mention related hubs at the bottom. But they may miss, which we think, more appropriate and related to your article.
        I recently linked one huber's hub on "how to create spreadsheets and tables" to my hub "how to create pages on blogger" and it went fine.

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It must be a glitch. It is okey to have links on our hubs (internal and external) as long as they are totally relevant to the article.

Thanks for the clarification, colorfulone.  Oh, that is good, and makes a lot of sense!  I thought we had to remove them.  How many are okay now.  As far as Amazon and Ebay, one for each?

1. colorfulone profile image78

Faith, I think it has to do with the style in which a hub is written and crafted, and the word count. A well-crafted hub can support several highly relevant products from Amazon or eBay capsules. Plus, two affiliate links to "a website".

Oh, really, thank you for sharing that with me, colorfulone.  That helps a great deal.

Faith, I like to use a sales hub of Robin's as an excellent example.
              It is "45 Gift Ideas for a Third Grade Girl: 8 and 9 Year Olds"
              ( http://robin.hubpages.com/hub/Gift-Idea … Grade-Girl ).

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
            Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good reply, colourful. At least two links are a good standard- one external, one internal. But content also matters.

2. Genna East profile image82

Colorful one:  Thanks -- I agree.  This must be a glitch that requires an e-mail to the powers-that-be at HP.   I appreciate your sharing your ideas and suggestions. :-)

You are very welcome, Genna. smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
          Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There were some issues that caused a few isolated Hubs to have issues adding links to existing Hubs. I will look for your email to see which Hubs on which you are seeing the issue so I can do a bit more research.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Genna, I checked the inbox for team@hubpages.com and did not see a message from you related to this issue.

Let us know if you are still having problems.
          If so, please share the specific Hub, the link you are adding, the specific capsule, as well as the OS, browser and browser version you are using in an email to team@hubpages.com and we can look into the issue further.

Thank you, Matt.  I have been so busy with work today, I didn't have the chance to send an e-mail.  The hub I am referring to is "The Silent Sentinel." 
            I appreciate your help.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

I was able to edit that Hub and add a hyperlink to the URL in the first capsule.

If you are still having trouble with this Hub, please share the link you are adding, the specific capsule, as well as the OS, browser and browser version you are using in an email to team@hubpages.com and we can look into the issue further.

Thank you!! :-)

3. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I insert hyperlinks as I'm writing my post in Word. Then I copy/paste the document into the text capsules in HP. Once I do that I double check that the link is live by clicking on the chain in the text capsule. I most recently posted on April 30th and had no problem with the link showing.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

Genna,
    I have only entered links connected to my Hubs and sites which I have gotten information from. If I have done a challenge then I link to others sites because they say to. I use the link button in the capsule(s) and have never had a probem.

Thank you.  But I tried the capsule link but it doesn't show up on the hub.  It's odd.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
        The Examiner-1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just tried mine and it showed up. (shrug)

I am unable to change my highlight wheel on my profile to put the hubs I would like for some reason.  So, maybe a bit of weekend glitches?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
            The Examiner-1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean "In the Spotlight"? Did you go to Edit Profile, click the down arrow of ones which you wish to change and select new Hub. Having trouble with that?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

There is a known issue that is not allowing some profiles to be updated.
            http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2731485

We hope to deploy a fix today.
            Here is the related forum http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2731485

3. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 8 years ago

I am writing a new Hub about my dog, and tried linking other articles I have written about her.  I inserted four the usual way, but when I check the Hub, they are NOT there.  Will try again later, I guess.

Mary, this sounds similar to the problem I experienced.  Good luck!

4. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 8 years ago

I just retried to insert the links into my Hub, and they seem to be fine now.

5. Aussieteacher profile image64
    Aussieteacherposted 8 years ago

I have tried to insert links and they are not working at all.  I have edited and tried again, but still don't work.  Where do I go to for help on this?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

If you are still having issues inserting links, you can email us at team@hubpages.com

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)