RESOLVED: Stats not updated in last few days

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Kristen Howe profile image89
    Kristen Howeposted 8 years ago

For the past two days, I've noticed that my hub score have deceased or increased, but the views have stayed the same as yesterday. Does anyone know what's going on with HP? Will they be updated or remain frozen? Even my new hubs have no views at all. :-(

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The stats will eventually update.
      As others have mentioned, you can get much more timely (close to real time) information from Google Analytics.

Kristen Howeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Matthew. I'll give GA a try, though it's a bit confusing to me.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

I made a new forum thread with related updates.
      You can find it here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2742823

2. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

Use Google Analytics to check your stats. The stats here freeze routinely

3. Kristen Howe profile image89

I'm still new to GA, which is pretty much Greek to me. Some stats have been updated with scores, but no views have been changed in 48 hours, when they should be.  What gives, ChristinS?

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Try using Google Stats.  You can even have fun watching people real time reading your hubs.  How cool is that!  You will even know which hubs they are visiting.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm amazed that you think anything about frozen stats and using GA as a substitute is fun.  Things have never been as bad as they are now as far as updates, and I, personally, am finding it difficult to function without knowing, at least on a daily basis, how my articles are doing, how they compare to one another, how they look in the long haul, etc.

A hub might not get any views in a given day, but may have good views over a 30 day period.  How can I know this without having regular updates?

This is a problem that deserves to be addressed because I do not feel I am the only person who is frustrated because of it.

As I told Matthew in a recent email, we don't write for GA, we write for HP and it is HP's responsibility to give us the info we need in order to be able to function.

Funny these freezes are not!

1. Lady Lorelei profile image86
          Lady Loreleiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% with the points you make. I have also heard that GA stats are different than what shows on HP so it may be like comparing apples to oranges. The stats should be working. It is what we base our earnings on and should be an accurate reflection of what is happening here on Hubpages. If the traffic stats are not accurate how are we to trust the earnings stats?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

>>If the traffic stats are not accurate how are we to trust the earnings stats?
            They are different systems.

Then why not post the page view updates regularly and post the earnings separately, since what you have said is that the earnings are the problem?

2. ronbergeron profile image83
          ronbergeronposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can add me to the list of people frustrated by this. The stats don't need to be real-time, but at least batch them so they update a couple of times per day (if not more).

What is HP working on that takes priority over a broken feature that's frequently complained about in the forums?

3. sallybea profile image94

I just made light of a bad situation!   Tongue in cheek, what can we do about it? Nothing, except grin it or bear it!   I am equally frustrated, just as you are.

Thank you for clarifying what you said.  What we can do about it is send emails directly to the team to let them know how this is affecting us.  They do listen...proof of this is that I did this exact thing a few hours ago and since then both earnings and page views have updated for the first time in days.

I'm not sure the team understands just how important these stats are to many of this, so we should let them know repeatedly until the message sinks in.  Forums are nice, but direct contact is much more powerful.

Kristen Howeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed the earnings of yesterday and the updated stats of my hubs. About time, HP!

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
                Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now, the stats are upto date. (With only 4 hours pending).

4. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 8 years ago

Mine haven't been updated in over three days!

5. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

I was just wondering about that. I've never seen it go 3 days before updating, but yeah I'm sticking with Google Analytics for now.

6. Kristen Howe profile image89

I'm glad I"m not alone in the view holdover.

7. Kristen Howe profile image89

Sally, is Google stats any different than Google Analytics? Or is the same?

1. sallybea profile image94

Completely different with lots of information which is not always easy to understand but the best part for me is watching people visit my pages in real time.  I don't think the stats marry up exactly as HubPages stats count your own visits if you open a hub.  Google stats are probably more accurate.
      It is nice to see a graph or graphs of stats etc., one can easily see how many views you have on a daily, weekly etc., basis which is what you need.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I look at Real-Time etc. on Google Analytics. Never heard of Google Stats - must be missing something.

I only found the HP stats page really interesting/entertaining when it updated once every two or three hours. Now it's only useful for checking for Featured/NotFeatured, copied content etc. Otherwise, I don't really see the point of it.

There used to be a point to having it, but only when it showed up regularly.  The team has the ability to do a better job of updating the stats, and they should take this job seriously because the way it is now is affecting morale across the board.

2. sallybea profile image94

Correction, I read your post incorrectly, I thought you meant Hub Stats versus Google stats

8. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

The hub stats here have been glitchy the full 3 years I have been here.  I don't think fixing the stats is high on the priority list of things to fix here - so if you really want to know how many visitors you are getting; learn to use the basic sections of Google Analytics and you'll have a better idea.  Otherwise, you just have to wait for the stats to catch up here.  The beginning of a new month is always delayed.

9. Kristen Howe profile image89

Okay thx for helping me out

10. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 8 years ago

Things always get fixed pretty quickly here smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)