How to promote my Hub ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Albert Tech1 profile image40
    Albert Tech1posted 8 years ago

Hi,

I am new to Hub Pages and my first hub got published , here is the URL :
    <link snipped>

Now I want to ask how I can promote it ?

My second question is if I have to promote my Hub to get traffic then why not I should create my blog and promote it ? I mean what are the benefits of Hub Pages over own blog ?

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages has good authority in Google and gets a lot of traffic. Smaller sites/blogs generally don't have that advantage; Hubs tend to get ranked higher in search engine results. Also, pay is usually better here because you get paid per impression as opposed to per click like many ad programs.

Best way to get traffic is optimized keywords/keyphrases. Some promotion on Pinterest and Facebook can help.

2. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

I would also suggest whatever path you take you write on another topic.  There are a gazillion articles, hubs, etc already out there on "ways to make money from home" and this topic is never going to rank well or make money for you in all likelihood due to the vast amount already written on the subject and massive competition.  You should write about niches that are less competitive that you have personal experience with and can bring passion and expertise to.

1. Albert Tech1 profile image40
      Albert Tech1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are right. This is why I have shared URL of my hub in the top so that I can get some advice from experts but unfortunately "<link snipped>".

I have little knowledge about how to make money doing freelancing and I have been earning from quite sometime via freelancing so I have written about my experience.

But as you said there is massive competition and I tried to find some low competition niches but failed in it. I would appreciate if you can help me in this ? If have written something related to finding niches please share it with me I would really love to read it.

1. ChristinS profile image40
        ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The first thing is to consider what you are good at - I'll take one of my hobbies for example: soap making.  I am passionate about it, have a lot of experience, know a lot of useful information.  Are there several soapmaking sites/articles out there? Yes, but I have different perspectives and experiences to share.  Also, I can start to whittle down from the broad topic of "soap making" and go to more niche topics people are searching for when they want to know how to make soap.  For example "where to find ingredients" or "how to make x and such type soap" or "easy soap project for beginners" etc. you get the idea.

I create those hubs, then I link them together and I create awesome made for pinterest graphics and share them and then sit tight. 

You may be good at say computers - rather than write about computers in general, perhaps you fixed a hardware problem yourself and you could do a hub "How to fix your xandsuch computer part yourself"  you get the idea. 

It's not so much about focusing on keywords as it is about sharing excellent, helpful information.  When you do this naturally, the keywords are going to appear naturally in your writing.  I can't write a hub on how to make soap for example without many of the "keywords" appearing naturally throughout the piece. 

When you create your title and subtitles that's the area to consider actual search phrases.  What are people searching for and how is your hub going to answer their question or solve their problem?  Instead of a broad topic like freelancing narrow ti down more to something more specific.  "How I Created a Successful Lemonade Stand" etc vs "How to be a successful freelancer"...

Hope this helps.

3. HouseOfSarah14 profile image40
    HouseOfSarah14posted 8 years ago

Hi Albert,

It would be really hard for someone to actually tell you what you can write about. It's best you decide yourself as you'll be the one to write. Also it's very important to write on a topic  you are knowledgeable about.
    If you have a lot of ideas and are not too sure which one to go for, try and break them down and choose the one you love the most. That way, it'll be easier to get inspirations. I find it very hard to write about a subject I know little or nothing about. Good luck...

4. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

I detail the method I use to determine whether a niche is right for me or not in my hub, 8 Tips To Make Content Worth Sharing. It is partly determined by one's expertise and partly determined by how readers respond to one's writing on a particular topic. I write on a wide variety of topics that I can either claim some expertise in or have some unusual enthusiasm for. Then I let readers show me which topics I should write more about based on what they share.

1. frankcofrah profile image58
      frankcofrahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How do you know a certain has small niche and less people have wrote about the topic?

1. Kylyssa profile image91
        Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Put your tight niche topic into Google. For example, a niche topic might be  Kosher Chocolate Treats for Passover. Put Kosher Chocolate Treats for Passover into Google search and make note of how many results there are. Or you could sign up for Google Analytics and use their tools for evaluating keywords.

It's fairly easy to find out if a topic has been overdone to death just by seeing how many articles on the topic have been written.

Choose something within your expertise that there just doesn't seem to be too much written about out there. If you are an auto-mechanic, choose some aspect of auto-mechanics you see too few articles about. If you are a comic book enthusiast, figure out what sort of comic book articles there just don't seem to be enough of out there.

5. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 8 years ago

You can promote your hub through Google+, Pinterest, Twitter and Fb. Well, that is how I do it.

1. HouseOfSarah14 profile image40
      HouseOfSarah14posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Thelma,

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Caro

6. frankcofrah profile image58
    frankcofrahposted 8 years ago

thanks for the question and answers , am new they are really helpful

7. Simarpreet Singh profile image64
    Simarpreet Singhposted 8 years ago

I will advise you to write on something you really passionate about, something which you always talk about or think. That would be a money making hub for you, believe me.
    Good luck for future smile

8. Olivia Sanzzi profile image59
    Olivia Sanzziposted 8 years ago

On the financial side, one GREAT advantage is that you do not have to pay for hosting, a theme, or domain--in other words, use a degree of startup capital. For Hubpages, time and effort are the only required investments. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)