Does male lie often than women?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (54 posts)
  1. beautyrose profile image62
    beautyroseposted 14 years ago

I have make friends with men and turn out to be discovering they often lie specially when hiding with there marital status and affairs.I have been courted by married men who lied to me telling they are single Oooouucchhh.So are they the one starting the separation?

1. fortunerep profile image69
      fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you knew a man was married I wouldnt let it go that far, he may be lying to u but there ar many more signals to look for in a married man

dori

beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had a bf before it took me months to know that he was 11 years married gush he really know how to play woman's heart and it hurts. Yes I know some hints if a man is married but some lie can never really be hidden for life.

1. fortunerep profile image69
          fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they can get good at it. They don't realise it hurts everyone involved.  I wish you better luck in the future!
          hugs
          dori

Yes  good luck to all of us.Thanks

2. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi rose.Interesting question.Does bad male lie often than good male.Yes,they do.Does bad woman lie often than good woman.Yes,they do.Then all the bad do the same thing.

a woman no matter how bad she is  still she has a woman instinct that comes out. we have soft heart that doesn't want to hurt that's why most women seldom lie specially when I comes to fidelity.

1. andromida profile image56

This is just your claim and maybe ture,maybe not.I understand that you mean it in terms if fidelity.But there is no proof or well established theory about your claim.

Most stories of women are true about there bf or husband who lied but just maybe ashamed to come up in the open.

1. andromida profile image56

Yes rose,you are  right.I also heard the same stories and at the same time I heard the opposite of those too.

3. profile image0
      Hack Retisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never lie.

Oh man, I feel dirty.

4. Harvey Stelman profile image60
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Once I got married women came at me in waves, shock. So many didn't care if I was married, some wanted a married guy and the rest backed off. I was always a good boy and up front, it's the only way to be.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mostly YES.  But in our defence: you shouldn't consider it lying to you; more like being playfull.. big_smile

2. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

CAPITAL YES smile

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just gimme a chance, I wont lie to you.

1. Lady_E profile image62
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. I believe yah, even though your zillion miles away smile

3. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

It is not a question of gender.  It is more a question of the type of person.  Woman lie a lot and so do men.   Who lies more?  I dunno.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Epic fail. You have not only said nothing useful. You have not even answered the topic question: "Does male lie often than women" (Isn't it 'Do male....'? Lol. big_smile), not "Which gender lie more often". Besides, you haven't even stated your opinion and your reason. If you don't have any opinion, perhaps it is best not to post.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to reply to topic.

My view is that indeed male do lie more often than women, depending on the relationship. In the case of a couple, more often, it is the male that lies more often as the male naturally has less tendency to stay put. Meaning most of them will have an affair. If you think of a marriage, you will see the female ask the male more questions like 'Where have you been?' etc. than the opposite. So naturally the male would lie more.

Panda Man

you sound intelligent panda. Thanks to the sermon. lols. Well you can always forgive people who don't answer post directly.

2. wesleycox profile image70
        wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whatever.  I think you missed the point of my reply to this pointless topic.  Let me make it clear dude.  EVERYONE LIES!!!!

Yes  every one lies but who lie more lol. look  at men when they come home late they often say we had overtime or traffic when in fact they were just dating a fling lols.And when its too late to find out the man already made other woman pregnant lols. Many case like this.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
            Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. wesleycox, you really need to think before you post.

Panda Man

It was not wesleycox it was ultimate hubber panda.

2. beautyrose profile image62

I think women are more transparent you can easily read them so they I think we don't lie often unlike men they can always hide there emotions so they can always lie if they want to.

3. VioletSun profile image80
      VioletSunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this statement; lying is based on the individual's level of integrity and not gender. 

And Beautyrose, sorry you met a toad. One day you will meet a prince, and a single one.smile

hehe funny but anyway. Thanks hope to meet an honest one lols

4. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

yes and I don't think they even realize it

dori

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

When I thought of people I know and calculated the male and female liers, it turned out to be that men lie more than women as of my experience.

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ultimate
      Thanks for your kind comments yesterday. smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey E!

I couldn't keep them to me anymore so blurted them out on your profile big_smile

2. beautyrose profile image62

And they don't realized how much we been hurt cause they keep doing it all over.

Don't say "we" have been hurt...

I am a guy but don't really approve of men lieing, especially about their singleness smile

And even if they realize at some stage, and trust me most of them too when they understand the other person is getting emotionally involved and will get hurt, then they don't have any way out and most of them lack courage to tell truth.

Sorry Ultimate hubber I thought your a woman cause it does not show in your profile. Lols are you beginning to lie here. (Laugh)
          lack courage? and so is it a reason to lie?

Oh, I didn't find anyplace on my profile to specify one's gender.

Yes it is the reason people keep on lie. Although a lame one, but it is AND THIS REASON DOES NOT JUSTIFY THOSE LIES.

oops don't raise your temper you make me laugh here. Sorry guys if you were the subject of my post I must be hurting your ego's now.

2. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not gonna cry or anything, are ya...I mean, that would be like putting the final nail on us men's coffins. smile

6. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Thanks.

7. Pamda Man profile image58

I want to note one thing here. When I play RPGs, I usually pick a girl character. 1) The outfits are better. 2) It's funny to see the perverts out there. Lol.

Panda Man

8. Pamda Man profile image58

Lol. You failed. big_smile

Failed in what?
      ok i better go to sleep now. Good nite hubbers. Were living on the other side of the planet. hehe

9. Pamda Man profile image58

It was wesleycox. Anyways, this is really going very off topic.

not yet off panda I know many still will react. Got to check it tomorrow for now I have a sweet sleep.

10. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I remember watching chris rock doing stand up on t.v. (He is a very funny guy) He said that men lie most often but women tell bigger lies, I think he made a good point. I know men that have lied about affairs but women that have lied about there childs biological father!

11. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Are we talking about who lies more plain or who lies more about being in a relationship. If its the former then its probably equal. But if the latter, its the men. No doubt. However, I'm not a liar. I'm a real nice guy. I'm a happy sort of guy. I like picnics, long walks on the beach and all that crap. smile

12. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I think women probably lie more about how much thing's cost. Like clothes or shoes they have bought.

Maybe they only like to boast as if they can afford expensive things but I don't do that. I think the hurtful lies man has ever made is playing with the woman's heart and breaking up the relationship painfully.

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Both lie the same ( my opinion)

At least that has been my experience.

Men and woman lie about different things is all.

Actions speak louder than words.

14. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Everyone lies! I don't think men lie anymore than women do, and not all lies are bad either...for example, it's much better to lie about how you feel about a friends new hair style than to tell them that they look ridiculous and you hate it!

On the other side is the lies that are told to manipulate and purposely hurt another. Those are lies we could all do without, and which both genders are equally guilty of utilizing.

15. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

MEEEEENNNN! of course, so whats new?

16. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

well going by the men i have know and the women to,  i can say it is both.  all lie to a degree some are white and others are black depends on what is going on at the time .

17. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

my husband lies a lot. Drives me nuts!!

18. Pamda Man profile image58

I lie a lot. To start with, now if anyone ask me my age, I must lie.

19. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

how old are you panda?

I think his just a teenager.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)