RESOLVED: copied content [afjpbn dot com] site removed for fraud

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (55 posts)
  1. adevwriting profile image61
    adevwritingposted 8 years ago

Why are these HubPages subdomain urls being listed like this on Google search?

jptrans.naver.net>Explore>Health>Health Care, Drugs and Insurance>Selecting a Procedure or Treatment

fcmalaga.ru>HubPages>Education and Science>Life Sciences>Plants

colorfulone.afjpbn.com>HubPages>Books, Literature, and Writing>Poems and Poetry>Haiku

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Those could be sites that have copied some of the content from HubPages or web proxies. What is the Google search that you are using?

UPDATE 8/20: See below
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2759049

adevwritingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is what I was searching for

adevwriting
        www.google.co.in/search?q=adevwriting&a … 0&sa=N

Those sites appear to either be proxies or have copied content from HubPages.If they have copied your content without your permission, then a DMCA notice may be appropriate. I have notified our engineering team as well to see if there is anything we can do to block these sites.

Thanks but these are not my content. They're just the hubs that I commented on.

Your username shows up on those Hubs when you make a comment and it appears some of those Hubs have been copied.
              The Hub authors could send a DMCA notice if they would like.

Can you notify them about this?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72

I have contacted our engineering team to see what action we can take.
      It appears this site has copied many Hubs and in inserting ads into the links.
      Make sure you have pop-ups blocked and assume any ad you see is malicious, but you can check the site and send DMCA notices if your content has been copied without your permission.

You can find instructions for doing so here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

hubpages[dot]com[dot]afjpbn[dot]com

You can look for your username in the following URL format.
      yourusername[dot]afjpbn[dot]com

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

When I typed in the URL one of my hubs did come up.  My computer blocked it as a malicious site.  When I went to WhoIsHostingThis, it said "site not found'.  So, there's no way to file a DMCA but maybe Google already took the site down?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

How am I supposed to file a DMCA if my computer will not even allow me to enter the site?   I don't know how others are accessing it and can't tell if it is still up or gone.

3. brakel2 profile image72
        brakel2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

URGENT Do not go there. I got into it and it is malware, and I had to immediately shut my computer down to get out of it.  I went to a hub by Colorfulone, and then clicked on Hubpages and then it happened. I got a message to call a number to get rid of malware that was being installed, and then a message from Chrome about the bad site. I had not seen the message about blocking popups, but I am leary about going back to that site at all. Staff can tell you what else to do, I guess.

3. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am not seeing a warning on my HubPages dashboard that one of my haiku hubs has been copied.   

Thanks for the email, Matt.

1. sallybea profile image94
        sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It looks to me as if my whole profile page of hubs has been lifted  comments i have made on other hubs as well. Who would I file a DMCA with?

I find it extraordinary that people can actually sign up to hubpages on this site/hubpagesdotcom.afjpbndotcom/

1. colorfulone profile image78

I am not going to risk going to those sites. I am hoping that HubPages will be able to do something about them.  I do not have any warnings of copied content on my dash.

1. brakel2 profile image72

I ran Malwarebytes and Panda after I got off that malware site, and nothing showed up. It is a dangerous site, and I would not go back to look at it again either. Too bad someone cannot figure this out, as it makes no sense to me. We need Writer Fox and his wisdom at figuring out these sites.

1. colorfulone profile image78

The last virus I got was dregol. 

Yeah, where is Writer Fox?  Safe I hope.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image72

We have issued a DMCA notice of infringement for the HubPages content on hubpages[dot]com[dot]afjpbn[dot]com/ (not the content of authors' Hubs as we do not hold the copyright for such content).

Hopefully that and any reports from authors should have some results.

If you observe that your content has been copied without your permission as well, then you may want to issue a DMCA infringement notice for your content. It certainly won't hurt and if they get enough reports it might cause them to take quicker action.

Thank you Matthew for reporting this information to us. I am sure everyone appreciates it. I got the nerve to go there to find my hubs and had no difficulty, per your instructions.

2. sallybea profile image94

Thanks very much, Matthew.

5. Matthew Meyer profile image72

I got a response back regarding the site to the DMCA notice of infringement we issued.
      The account was cancelled for fraud.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12598095_f1024.jpg

That is just the best news.  Thank you very much Matthew.

2. brakel2 profile image72

Thanks and goodby to this type of of site. So proud of you.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Good job, Matthew.  I hear there are a few others doing the same thing...have you filed DMCA's for them also?

We can only file DMCA infringement notices for sites that copy non-author content, as we do not retain the copyright for author's content.

If you or any other author finds your content has been copied without your permission, then you can issue such a notice for your content.
          Many times if enough people send notices to the host for such a site, the host may cancel the account.

If you find a site like this that has copied the entire site including non-author content, please let us know and we can do further research.

Keep in mind there are also proxy sites that show up in results and those sites aren't really copying the content.

You can find a bit more about proxy sites here.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

So if you find a site that has copied non-author content, you can create a new forum thread in the technical forum or email team@hubpages.com and we can do further research.

That's really good news, Matthew! Please do look into the other websites I mentioned in the first post of this thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/132467#post2757382

2. adevwriting profile image61

The whole website afjpbn[dot]com is emulating HubPages! I am concerned about the tax info we've all submitted. There is nothing to worry about, right?

Thanks!

1. Alison Graham profile image93
      Alison Grahamposted 8 years ago

All my hubs and my profile seem to be there. The strange thing is that mousing over the links in Amazon capsules bring up the hubpages affiliate tag. I also have a few links with a tag in them and these are showing exactly as they do on hubpages. What is the significance of this?

It's not just afjpbn[dot]com, I found two more

fcmalaga.ru
        allthingsnow.com › ... › Life Sciences › Zoology › Wild Animals

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
        FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Everybody be careful if you're gonna try to access that "afjpbn dot com" site. When I went to it just now, I got a message from my Norton Anti-Virus saying that it had just blocked a "Web attack intrusion attempt" from a "Fake scan web site."

...after that I wasn't feeling brave enough to attempt looking at the other two ripoff sites mentioned in this thread.

Kaspersky blocked me completely, calling it a "malicious site".

I don't think it is just the writers that should be filing DMCA's I think that HubPages need to start looking at better ways to protect us.  I just spent several hours writing DMCA's and seven of them were seven different people who have stolen just one Hub.  I can honestly say that I am sick of filing DMCA's.

2. brakel2 profile image72

I wonder why Panda and Malwarebytes did not warn me. Chrome is supposed to have safe search. Maybe I need Kaspersky or Norton.

3. paradigm search profile image55
        paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Every hour we are forced to deal with thieves is an hour taken out of our lives.

1. Stacie L profile image88
          Stacie Lposted 8 years agoin reply to this

1++++

4. adevwriting profile image61

I was able to access the website through UC Browser in my Nokia 7210c Supernova( The s40 doesn't seem to have a virus developed for it). It has got the same <a href="http://hubpages.com/help/copyright_infringement">copyright infringement</a> page as HubPages! I think Google/HubPages should take quick action. What does everyone think?

I was able to access the website through UC Browser in my Nokia 7210c Supernova( The s40 doesn't seem to have a virus developed for it). It has got the same copyright infringement page as HubPages! I think Google/HubPages should take quick action. What does everyone think?

I think there is a way to get Google to take down this site without writers sending thousands of notices. I would imagine HP could even call someone at Google, if they would only please do it. I would even beg them to do that to get rid of a clone of a site with malicious malware that can destroy computers.

I am going to research it. It may be a sophisticated way to imbed malware and not a site take down issue. That one .ru site mentioned earlier is Russian. I read that many sites have been cloned and that Wordpress had somewhat of a similar problem but their website was entered through a loophole.

How did you get into the site successfully? Through virus protection on phone?

My phone has the s40 operating system and people seem to say that phones with s40 cannot get virus. Maybe that's why I was able to access the site?

2. paradigm search profile image55

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12231420_f520.jpg
            What's with the deserted forums?

Edit. Contrary to the clock, around 10:00 am, Monday morning, HPT.

3. paradigm search profile image55

I've just observed that at least HP Staff is alive and well. big_smile

Not deserted, well not yet!  I got tired of waiting and since I did not get any warnings when I visited this site, I decided to file a Google DMCA.
              The site is still there in it's entirety..  I wonder how many others have done the same!

Sally, I checked into this but am afraid to check further. If you run info on a site like this. you find this is a common practice. I have not been back to this site to check for my hubs, as I am afraid it is not safe.. A similar duplicate site from several weeks ago now shows it cannot be found. Maybe Google will keep taking them down, as folks report them.

That is OK.  I thought it worth the effort since I did not get any warnings from AVG.

Did you file DMCAs on all your hubs? How did you get onto site safely?

My whole profile page and all my hubs were in the link I filed for the DMCA..  Who knows it might come back that it was done incorrectly but I just followed Matthews instructions above and there did not seem to be a problem

You can look for your username in the following URL format.
                      yourusername[dot]afjpbn[dot]com

I did that but my anti virus program refused to let me enter the site.  I think I only have one article there, but am not sure.

I think contacting them with a DMCA is a waste of time.  If we all sent a complaint directly to Google, I think that would take care of it.  Since I am not sure about my own work and cannot access the site, I can't do it.  However, if any of you can get the info you need, this probably is the way to go.  I think the team also is working on this.

What do you think about the fact that they have copied the copyright infringement page of HP?

2. sallybea profile image94

I did send mine to Google.

4. paradigm search profile image55

Where'd my brilliant, on-topic flash fiction missive go? Oh, well. Darwin indeed. smile

1. paradigm search profile image55
              paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was proud of that one. And I am the owner. Yep, I own that website. Won't be renewing the domain name though; I've totally given up as to getting CW traffic.

Edit: No, not talking about afjpbn dot com.

I know it. You're trying to cheer everyone up

5. Lady Lorelei profile image85
            Lady Loreleiposted 8 years ago

I did not visit the site yet but just wanted to mention that a very good way to hurt these characters is to have their income removed. Report them to whoever is hosting the ads on their site. Google Adsense, Amazon, etc do not appreciate having their programs used for disreputable activities and will shut the scammers affiliate income off very quickly.

Supposedly, they have malicious ads, so I do not know how they make their money. I think staff said to avoid their ads. I have not been to site. Maybe someone can confirm this fact.

I found the post from Matthew which says to assume any ad is malicious.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
            FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

YAY! Bite the digital curb ya b**tards!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
          Necessary
          HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
          LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
          Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
          AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
          Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
          CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
          Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
          Features
          Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
          Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
          Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
          Marketing
          Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
          Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
          Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
          Statistics
          Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
          ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
          ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)