sharing hubs on Facebook?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Farawaytreeposted 8 years ago

Curious to know if anyone in the community shares their hubs on Facebook? And if so, has it helped to promote your hubs? Thanks

1. maab30 profile image61
      maab30posted 8 years ago

I've posted several of pieces on face book. It helps in so far as it is another resource in getting your work out there.

2. brutishspoon profile image65
      brutishspoonposted 8 years ago

The best way to use facebook to promote your articles is it post them in relevant groups. I found that just in the last few days my views on those articles I have shared have doubled. I only started doing it at the weekend and already it is showing an increase in traffic and earnings across those articles.

1. profile image0
        Farawaytreeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Okay, maybe certain groups of friends I think might be into my hubs...  I'll try. Thanks! smile

1. brutishspoon profile image65
          brutishspoonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

When i click to share it gives ne a choice ithe top left corner of on my timeline on a friends timeline in a group or on my page. Because I am a member of a few different groups I click groupm and choose the most appropriate one for what I am posting.

To find groups to join use the search box in the same way you would when looking for friends. Just change the tab to groups and it will come up with a list of groups connected to your search terms.

Posting to a group often means you are not bombarding friends with your work.

1. profile image0

Thanks everyone!

3. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 8 years ago

Personal Facebook? No, because friends are likely to either click just out of niceness or get annoyed if you post too much.

Most of my content that goes viral on social media does so by someone else posting it.

1. profile image0

Well that leads to another question then..   How often has someone else shared your hub on a platform like Facebook?

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea. I'm guessing across my Hubpages accounts, somewhere around 100,000 times at least.

1. profile image0

That's fantastic! Were you notified that your hubs were shared in any way?

1. WryLilt profile image89
              WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Once upon a time, Hubpages listed the number of shares beside the social buttons. It doesn't anymore. However you can use a tool like this to check them: https://www.sharedcount.com/

4. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 8 years ago

Yes, I share my hubs on Facebook. There are a few groups there based on Hub Pages such as "Hot Hubbers" which is a secret group and you need to be invited, but there are others. I also share on various Google+ Groups like "What the Hub" and Pinterest.

5. SweetiePie profile image81
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Sometimes I share my hubs on my personal Facebook page. I have no qualms about this because people share a truck load of games, viral photos, and whatnot. My hubs are my thoughts and words, and real friends would not be upset I share one or two. I am not sharing five thousand a day, but one per day is fine. However, in general I have Facebook pages where I share my hubs and blogs.

6. Kristen Howe profile image90
      Kristen Howeposted 8 years ago

I share a few hubs on my HP page, especially if I update it or if it's new.  The rest is from social media outlets. It does help a little bit to generate comments with some traffic.

7. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think it's an individual choice.   It's not likely to make much difference whether you do or not, unless (a) you're writing about a particular topic, (b) you're able to build a Facebook page for it, and (c) are willing to invest time to share other useful links and posts as well as your Hub links (Agilitymach is a good example of a Hubber who does that well).

You see, if you post on your personal Facebook page, then only your friends will see it.  Even then, they won't ALL see it, depending how busy their timeline is and what time of day you post.   If they do see it and visit your Hub it won't count, because HubPages doesn't count traffic from social sites.  You don't want to encourage your friends to click on ads either, because if the same people click too often, you could be banned for fraud.

What might help is if they like your Hub enough to share it on THEIR timeline, which means THEIR friends might see it (or not, depending how busy their timeline is and what time of day they post...).  And maybe those strangers will visit your Hub and buy something or click on an ad. But you can see that it's not likely to spread far like that, unless there is something really special about the Hub. 

The same problem applies with groups - often they're just groups of writers who are sharing their Hubs with each other.  The traffic that generates may get you some good comments, but the traffic doesn't count and they're not going to click ads/buy stuff.  So is it really worth the effort?

8. Manikandan001 profile image61
      Manikandan001posted 8 years ago

Sharing our pages through social media is very important once it finished. Before facebook was more popular in this case. Whatever pages sharing everybody viewing a lot. And now in facebook some more people attracted in some humor related posts, because it catches easier. Related to knowledge posts except humor based some other social media is more relevant now a days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)