Has anyone else been getting inappropriate emails?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Last night I recieved two strange emails via Hubpages.  I will post one below.  Has anyone else been getting these?  I edited my profile, so I can no longer be contacted directly.  Here is one of the emails.

"hi my sweet heart how s your life i hope wil i like u ILOVE YOU REAL"

This was sent by someone named Suraj, but I couldn't get any more information than that.  I didn't want to have to edit my profile, but two strange messages in one night...  I don't know how to report this person, but I think something should be done, since I am not on hubpages looking for a love connection.  What should I do?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes I did this morning too!!

I just deleted it.

suraj khan (siraj.s1983@gmail.com)
      has sent you this message.
      (email address not verified)

hi my sweet heart how going ur life i hoope veery wil ilke u ILOVE YOU REAL THIS is my email id siraj.s1983@gmail.com

( email was not verified,hmmm??)

1. Candie V profile image63
        Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes I did this morning too!!

Well, heck, EK.. aren't you special! Ok, so yes you are! I get the treatening anonymous kind.. seems someone doesn't like LittleRedriding hood.. I want a luuuv connection.. where's BadCo??

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

whats wrong with red riding hood?....she loooking good, and everything a big bad wolf could want...

Maybe I just need to pack different goodies in my basket..

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

When you get an email through Hubpages there is a link to report it. Not sure what they can do with people who are unverified though.

I've gotten a couple of those in the past, I just ignore them smile

I've stopped allowing users to email me through the mail system.

Good idea, must do the same,since Im already coming to HB's fanmails gonna be right here anyway. Thanks UW

3. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I didn't get that one, but I get them all the time. I just report it to HubPages, and delete from my inbox.

Mine are usually, "hey sexy tell me about yourself I would like to get to know you" emails. People have too much free time. I get them from both registered and unregistered users. Just report (button at the bottom of the email) and then delete.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just report them, and ignore smile

5. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

hi my sweet heart how going ur life i hoope veery wil ilke u ILOVE YOU REAL THIS is my email id siraj.s1983@gmail.com

You cheating rat Siraj !!

lol lol

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Yea iggy the piggy all the way home .

7. Pamda Man profile image60
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

This suraj guy musy be gay.

8. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I am so sorry. I am not getting any of them, neither from a girl nor from a gay. I am so depressed......hahahhaha

1. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Soni, lol. I got one the other day too n sent it over to HP then deleted it. It is annoying getting Spammed for sure though. tongue

1. soni2006 profile image77
        soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is.

9. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Nobody has hit on me via the email contact, either, so don't feel too bad soni. smile

I finally received my very own weird email yesterday though, from someone called pizzalord438 reading: im new ur weird

Doesn't this pizza lord know that flattery will get him nowhere? big_smile

Aww not even a pizza coupon, RB, musta been the kitchen  hand mad with his lord (boss)lol

10. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

I got one just ignored it. Oh spammers! :p

11. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I get that everyday...chicks from India, Philipines, even Somalia. They all think I'm hot. What a bunch of groupies. smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They want to be your leading lady.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha. Like you wouldn't believe. A lot of them think its a friggin' dating site. They wanna hook up and stuff. No kidding.

Oh I believe it , I was young once lol
          hey my friend ,tantrum stuck up for you  and hes new, keep an bro eye on him smile xxoo

1. profile image0

We already did a mutual fanning. He's supposed to be some kinda undercover journalist or something. Cool guy.

1. tantrum profile image59
              tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm cool allright !!lol lol lol

Im an downunder cover agent myself lol

1. tantrum profile image59

lol me not downunder already lol

2. tantrum profile image59

lol lol lol lol

2. profile image49
          CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They want you to log onto their site were no doubt a pop up will appear that links into your computer. Although the Cabin Girl likes a good pop up smile

12. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Awww....smile CJ has groupies wink such a rascal, lol

1. profile image0

ha ha ha. What is with women and fiery dudes!

Tis all that smokey hot passion, woohooo

1. profile image0

Sure got loads of those. Ha ha ha.

13. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

THE only place I have NOT gotten wierdo emails is thru hubpages. I get them on all my emails, and even my phone.
    I just delete them, and wonder..what would I do with  a larger package?.....

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol what would you do with a larger package indeedy smile

1. profile image0

lol  lol

1. profile image50

Gotta watch what ya say when the Captain is on the prowl smile

1. profile image0

not all that worried..  smile
            nice new avatar
            makes me want to change mine now

1. profile image50

Nooooo, I love that one the best so keep it up a while longer. Am off to see Public Enemy in 30 mins so expect a Johnny Depp Best Movies tomorrow.

Change yer Avatar and I will smack yer ass smile

He will too!!

2. profile image0

have fun at the movies.
                I am goign to lay in the sun.
                dont threaten ME!! AHHAHA   smile
                oops, this is actually in the knowledge exchange huh?
                sorry....

1. profile image50

So it's on the Knowledge Exchange, big deal, I have been here 4 months and have yet to find Knowledge in it. And hey I aint stupid enough to threaten a lady, noooo wayyyy smile

1. profile image0

so its a promise?

14. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I am here, I get loads of them from Indian ladies who want me badly, do I look stupid enough to open spam emails, well do I ?

15. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Any that you do get, I'm sure you can blacklist them or set up a spam filter that will catch them all, so you can waste no time dealing with the emails except to delete them...I know on g-mail you can specify queries to delete specific words or phrases that these spammers use.

1. profile image0

gmails spam filters are amazing!! it works soooo good!

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Most people who send that stuff couldn't care less what the person they are emailing looks like or if they are male or female judging from the ones I've seen smile

1. profile image50

Go on, burst my bubble smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to Captain big_smile

2. Candie V profile image63

*pop*

17. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

well, if anyone wants to send me an inappropriate email, please make sure it's at least inappropriate enough to make me blush otherwise I'll just consider it spam....

What you got was spam! LOL!

18. profile image50

Anyways I am off to the Movies to see Mr Depp himself, and yes if that bugger with the popcorn and the noisy kids are sitting near me I swear I will not be responsible for my actions.

Twil catch ya all later and tell ya all about it, laters you lovely peeps smile

1. profile image0

seriously, have fun!!

1. profile image50

Love the green, ya suit it !  Enjoy yer night smile

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your new pic is so cute smile

19. profile image50

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Dennisematt ya went and changed it, but hey I like that one better, nice one smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)