Why People give more respect to rich person?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. TopManagement profile image39
    TopManagementposted 13 years ago

About this question different people have different views but according to me everybody think that rich can be help them every time and everybody know money is very powerful so we can buy everything with money that is first reason that people give respect to rich man. I want to say to my all friends that give me your opinion regarding this question. Thanks

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it's more about what kind of person,  they don't necessarily have to be rich.  Of course the rich will have more asskissers cause there are people who want to tag along for the ride.

2. saesha profile image61
      saeshaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If someone made tremendous amounts of money on his/her own, like the owner of Virgin or something like that, I can respect them because they put in their time and learning into generating their own income.
      Those who want money and have business on their minds say that it is important to make friends with everyone and have an open mind. I think it's true but it's also ridiculous because it is not just your friends who make you rich - people need to do their own work too.
      In my opinion, those who want to make friends with the rich just because they are rich, deserve the least respect. But those who have found a way to be rich on their own could be respected.

2. profile image52
    Slushyposted 13 years ago

It's probably mainly about the power that is assigned to rich people. They could manipulate other people using their money, they are believed to have a lot of far-reaching relationships and big influence. At least that is how it is in Thailand.

Also of course they could buy you some nice stuff or take you to a trip on their yacht if you are friendly to them wink

But I agree, it should be more about the character than the money. Some rich people are just plain arrogant and have a very annoying personality.

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

It is true the in this world in this society we the people have made money powerful even god like.

I image we see the rich as sort of like royalty because they can buy or pay for so much.  If I were involved in some crimmal activity even if it's murder there is a very good chance I'd be in jail or on death row while someone rich could drown 30 million dollars down, catch the next flight out of Dodge and still live the good life.

4. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Since I lost my job in 2009, and I no longer have an income, I see people treating me differently every day. Even though I worked my ass off until I was in pain for 20 years, I am now called lazy by people I know, and those who I used to hang out with no longer want to talk to me. Like the value of my friendship dropped like the Dow, and they want to distance themselves from me until I pick up again. One thing I am not, is Lazy. (Tired yes...Lazy no)

There are a lot of poor people in the United States, and our government continually looks for ways to widen the gap between who is rich and who is poor. When you suddenly find that you don't have money, you see how fast you become a nobody. But, our governmemt and their big corporation pals, are going to see what happens when our nation continues to get more and more poor.

Having friends is one thing, and the ones who are true friends will stick with you through everything. But, even that can get tiring. Not having money to do things with my friends is a real downer. I'm going to do everything I can to keep the ones I have, but, if my money problems continue I might lose them all.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Make sure that you remember who dropped you, don't let them pick you up again. And then smirk at them on the way back up, especially if it coincides with them plummeting a great depth and hitting their face on the floor. At the same time, make sure you remember the ones that stood by you; they may need the same support some day from you and will deserve it.

2. profile image53
      X12eyezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that.

I kind of realized that as well, at a young age.  That people seems to only want to hang around another who has money.  Well, when you have money and you'll have people around you.  Or when you hit the jackpot and there's all kinds of people coming up to you wanting to be "buddies-buddies" with ya.  You'll have people coming up to ya that ya never saw before.  People claiming to be some sort of relative(s).  Or you'll have those suck-ups wanting to be around ya.

Even when I was playing on an online game and had fancy gear.  People saw that and wanted to be "buddies-buddies" with me.  Same with another web browser game that I used to play.  I purchased a month's worth of extra perks.  I had people wanting me to be a part of their group just because I had that extra perk going on.  But, as soon as I lost that extra perk, nobody wanted me around anymore.  Felt like I was kicked off to the side due to me not having the money for the extra perks.

I'm sure if I gotten rich, somehow, I probably would have people coming out of the woods just to "buddies-buddies" with me.  Heh, I probably would of had a boyfriend by now if I was rich.  But since I'm poor, nobody wants to be around me.  :x

5. ImChemist profile image57
    ImChemistposted 13 years ago

Because money this days can but any thing even respect!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)