A nonsensical topic not shunted elsewhere...

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (53 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

Working on that.

What say you?

1. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Can't be bothered today - it's too hot here!

paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Corn chips scraping off philadelphia cream cheese.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
          Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yum  smile

Ack.

well yes, as in heart attAck.

What?

Elsewhere.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    1. SheilaMilne profile image91
      SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Nice time waster smile. I'm supposed to be asleep

Actually, intellect is involved there. And yep, it's fun. I was a programmer/analyst for 20+ years, a lucrative profession to say the least.

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
          SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was too smile Maybe it appeals to a certain type.

Love that type.

Meanwhile... Here's something...

<Retracted>

3. paradigmsearch profile image61

Looking for a...

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
  5. paradigmsearch profile image61
  6. paradigmsearch profile image61

Kind of looking around... What one do...?

Could do another flash fiction. No money in that, already had to ask HP to delete as to duplicate issues.

So..., what to do?

7. paradigmsearch profile image61

I shall sort this out...

- Temporarily retracted. -

- Permanently  retracted -

Jeez, somebody pay me. Sorry.

8. paradigmsearch profile image61

I can't help it. Another flash fiction soon to appear... Or not...

9. paradigmsearch profile image61

31 degrees outside. My gratefulness for food and shelter continues.

10. paradigmsearch profile image61

And for anyone who hasn't already figured it out... This is a messing around, nonsense, social, nobody cares, just having fun thread.

We should have at least one of those here. Too darn grim otherwise.

This should have been put in the op. Sorry about that.

11. paradigmsearch profile image61

So... Any real time chat here? That is the purpose of this thread.

Any new religion would have to be based on science.
      Provable science.
      This is why your lab rat theory fails. No proof. wink

You there?

What happened to to my scree?

12. paradigmsearch profile image61

Meanwhile... All other cr@p still applies.

13. paradigmsearch profile image61

Another post to be deleted... some more…

14. paradigmsearch profile image61
  15. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 8 years ago

It's gonna be 37C today - where's the ice factory moved to?

16. paradigmsearch profile image61

56. Not expected this high/low.

Who cares.

Not your fault.

Slug Here.

Self.

17. paradigmsearch profile image61

Next morning, blanket warm.

Sorry to hammer, just grateful.

And sorry redacted FF posts. Maybe repost later.

18. paradigmsearch profile image61

Friday... Friday... Can't help that day...

19. paradigmsearch profile image61

The flowers are chirping. The birds are blooming.

20. paradigmsearch profile image61

The Gun. The Vodka. The Fork in the Road…

:Erased:

[Yep, another flash fiction story here. To be continued... And to be erased within 3 hours (thank you in advance for allowing that fellow Hubbers)

21. paradigmsearch profile image61

Working up to it...

22. paradigmsearch profile image61

Actually, I don't think that was the best one.  Oh, well.

Meanwhile..., do I give up on this thread?

23. paradigmsearch profile image61

Obligatory finish...

:Erased:

24. paradigmsearch profile image61

Meanwhile...

Do  contact I care.

Or not.

"Fuck You"

Jeez, it stands. Still sorting things out.

25. paradigmsearch profile image61

Not regards as to HP.

26. paradigmsearch profile image61

And, Hi?

27. paradigmsearch profile image61

A perfect for hp...

28. paradigmsearch profile image61

You do know what that is...

29. paradigmsearch profile image61

I do not.

30. paradigmsearch profile image61

So, what here today?

31. paradigmsearch profile image61

A long, long time ago...

32. paradigmsearch profile image61

i can still remember how to make me smile...

33. paradigmsearch profile image61

Sometimes when I open the basement door, there is nothing on the other side.

his has been somewhat disconcerting to say the least. Incidentally, it is interesting to note that the color of nothingness is black. Makes sense.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I finally decided it was time to do something about it.

So the next time it happened, I put my hand in. My hand disappeared. The blackness of nothingness was all there was. I pulled my arm back. My hand was still there. Thank goodness for that. Was a stupid thing to do. The blackness remained.

stood there and pondered for awhile.

I stepped through. I was in that kind of mood...

I was enveloped in blackness. I also didn't seem to be standing on anything anymore.

I then somehow started to feel motion...

At first it was barely detectable. But then it became more so. I could not figure out how I knew this. Motion is relative and I could not see or feel anything. Yet I knew I was moving.

And then the blackness began to fade... Somehow I was no longer limited by the visible spectrum. I could see it all, from gamma rays to radio waves. I even saw the interplay of gravity. I never knew that gravity rippled...

All of this made perfect sense, since I didn't seem to have eyes or the rest of my body anymore. I truly seemed to have become one with all; no longer hampered by the filtering of perceiving through senses.

Then, as far as time and space were concerned; reality left, and relativity arrived.

I could now perceive at whatever time and spatial sense I wished to perceive. I made solar systems spin like atoms; backwards and forwards. I turned molecules into picturesque Tinker-Toy sets. I wandered through the static maze of an exploding star. There seemed to be no limits to what I could do.

So I began to ponder...

I then began to search.

I explored every meteor, comet, asteroid, moon, planet, sun, solar system, and galaxy.

I explored every molecule, atom, electron, boson, quark, lepton, and strangelet.

I explored every universe. I explored every dimension.

I did not know what I was looking for, but that did not matter. I knew I would recognize it when I saw it.

And then I saw it. It was small, round and shiny. I reached for it...

I was home again.

Source NASA

[Provenance. Author Lon Morris. This sci-fi story entitled The Door was originally published at "Hub Pages", since deleted.]

Source NASA

The Door

This has been somewhat disconcerting to say the least. Incidentally, it is interesting to note that the color of nothingness is black. Makes sense.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I finally decided it was time to do something about it.

So the next time it happened, I put my hand in. My hand disappeared. The blackness of nothingness was all there was. I pulled my arm back. My hand was still there. Thank goodness for that. Was a stupid thing to do. The blackness remained.

I stood there and pondered for awhile.

I was enveloped in blackness. I also didn't seem to be standing on anything anymore.

At first it was barely detectable. But then it became more so. I could not figure out how I knew this. Motion is relative and I could not see or feel anything. Yet I knew I was moving.

And then the blackness began to fade... Somehow I was no longer limited by the visible spectrum. I could see it all, from gamma rays to radio waves. I even saw the interplay of gravity. I never knew that gravity rippled...

All of this made perfect sense, since I didn't seem to have eyes or the rest of my body anymore. I truly seemed to have become one with all; no longer hampered by the filtering of perceiving through senses.

Then, as far as time and space were concerned; reality left, and relativity arrived.

I could now perceive at whatever time and spatial sense I wished to perceive. I made solar systems spin like atoms; backwards and forwards. I turned molecules into picturesque Tinker-Toy sets. I wandered through the static maze of an exploding star. There seemed to be no limits to what I could do.

So I began to ponder...

I then began to search.

I explored every meteor, comet, asteroid, moon, planet, sun, solar system, and galaxy.

I explored every molecule, atom, electron, boson, quark, lepton, and strangelet.

I did not know what I was looking for, but that did not matter. I knew I would recognize it when I saw it.

I was home again.

Source NASA

[Provenance. Author Lon Morris. This sci-fi story entitled The Door was originally published at "Hub Pages", since deleted.]

Source NASA

The Door

This has been somewhat disconcerting to say the least. Incidentally, it is interesting to note that the color of nothingness is black. Makes sense.

I stood there and pondered for awhile.

So I began to ponder...

I then began to search.

I was home again.

Source NASA

34. paradigmsearch profile image61

Check.

35. paradigmsearch profile image61

Alts false.

36. paradigmsearch profile image61

Not now.

37. paradigmsearch profile image61

Ok,now. Do it.

38. paradigmsearch profile image61

http://dpw.lacounty.gov/wwd/web/Images/Slideshow/slideImg1.jpg

Not a Typical Day...

I gazed out the motel front window across the desert towards where Los Angeles was. It was fairly early morning. The usual desert air was crisp and clean. All was still.

“Did I get far enough away in time?” I wondered. I started to turn towards the television to check out the latest chaotic news.

Then came the flash. It was an airburst.

“Safe!” thought I.

Then I saw the rolling dust cloud filled with debris...

I dived down below the window and huddled against the low wall.

The roaring impact shattered the window, slamming the glass shards across the room, embedding themselves in the opposite wall.

The roaring got louder…

I was wrong.

39. paradigmsearch profile image61

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)