Is it possible to earn without adsense approval via amazon and Ebay

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. meenakshibhati profile image67
    meenakshibhatiposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,
    i tried to apply for adsense few months back and could not be approved due to insufficient number hubs. I read number of forums wherein people have mentioned that they can earn without adsense through amazon and Ebay. I tried for that also but while applying it says:

1.    Publish at least one Hub                                        Complete
    2.    Sign up for the HubPages Earnings Program        Complete
    3.    Associate a Google AdSense Account                Incomplete

Does it mean that for ebay and amazon, we need adsense account. If this is so, then how people are making money without adsense through amazon and ebay.

Please suggest to resolve this issue

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can't.  If you want to earn money at HubPages, you need an Adsense account, there is no other alternative. 

You may have been reading old forum posts from the time when it was possible to use your own eBay account on HubPages. You can't now.  Years ago, it was also possible to include many more eBay and Amazon capsules on your Hubs so you could earn a good income from them.  Now, the number of capsules is extremely limited and you could not make much from them.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi meenakshibhati,

You can still earn using your own Amazon Affiliate Account, but you won't be able to sign up for the HubPages-specific Amazon Program. Here's how to do so: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

However, you will need AdSense to participate in every other earning opportunity on the site.

2. emi sue profile image91
    emi sueposted 8 years ago

I'm not really making a whole lot of money through adsense at the moment, but I have honestly never made a penny from the Amazon or eBay. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    However, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have adsense to use/make money with eBay and amazon associates.
    Any one else have any insight on this?

You don't need Adsense to make money from eBay and Amazon on your own sites.  You do on HubPages.

Can I ask, do you have the HubPages Ads Program turned on?  If you do, you'll earn very little or nothing from Adsense because the HubPages Ads take the place of most of the Adsense ads.  That's not a problem, because you will usually earn a lot more from the HubPages Ads anyway.

Tip:  You'll earn a lot more from your Amazon capsules if you choose your products more carefully.  For instance, in your Hub on Christmas trees you're showing some random garlands. They won't make sales.   What will make sales is if you find some really interesting ornaments or garlands on Amazon, then actually talk about why you recommend them in your text.

1. emi sue profile image91
        emi sueposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great advice! I don't spend a lot of time worrying about which products I promote as long as they're relevant to the hub.
        I'll start spending more time on what I choose to promote.
        Thank you!

3. meenakshibhati profile image67

Thank you all for your advice. To turn on the ad program i clicked Earning>Settings>Hub pages Earning program .
    In this we have - Ad program, Ebay program and Amazon program.
    For all three of them Adsense configuration is compulsory.
    Hence the conclusion is that it is impossible to earn without having adsense account.

There is one of option of using amazon externally but not very much clear how to use it.

Yes, you are right in your conclusions.

IN THEORY, it is possible to earn using Amazon externally but I would strongly urge you not to bother, because you will be very disappointed. You will find you can use only one or two Amazon capsules in each Hub, and it's impossible to make a reasonable income from that alone.

4. meenakshibhati profile image67

Thanks Marisa,

I think i have no other option else to wait for adsense approval.

can you advice other websites with no such issues of adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)