Cruz not eligible to be POTUS says his former Harvard Law Professort

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (80 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years ago

According to Ted Cruz' former teacher, a Harvard Law professor and constitutional scholar, he is not eligible to be President.  Here's the article.  What think you?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/w … itizenship

Sorry for the typo

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Here goes the selective reasoning and the armchair Constitutional conjecture. The definition of "Natural Born" is what the argument hinges on. The article explains the definition from a British perspective. We all know they don't speak American English do they. smile

TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hardly think this article represents armchair conjecture and selective reasoning.  I'm not the one making the claims here, the published professor is.  I suspect she has more knowledge than anybody on this site and feel no bias in her statements.

Again, the only way to stop the opinions, etc. is for a case to go before the Supreme Court and, if necessary, an amendment made to our Constitution...in American English, of course!

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I had not meant the opinion I expressed to include you. I meant it to zero in on all the hype as did the questioning of Obama did. sad

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Legal precedents written by Neal Katyal and Paul Clement of opposing parties.  One worked for Obama the other for GW Bush.  November 14, 2011

BTW, common law in the US is British law. "British common law recognized that children born outside of the British Empire remained subjects, and were described by law as "natural born," Katyal and Clement wrote.

"The framers, of course, would have been intimately familiar with these statutes and the way they used terms like ‘natural born,’ since the (British) statutes were binding law in the colonies before the Revolutionary War,’" they said.

"The first Congress of the United States passed the Naturalization Act of 1790, just three years after the Constitution was written, which stated that children born abroad to U.S. citizens were, too, natural born citizens."

Qualifications for President and the “Natural Born” Citizenship Eligibility Requirement
        *  PDF: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42097.pdf

George Romney, the father of Mitt Romney who ran for president as a Republican in 1968, was born in Mexico.

Barry Goldwater, the 1964 GOP presidential nominee, was born in Arizona before it was a state.

Neither of those two candidate’s campaign was derailed by citizenship challenges.

The establishment of the Republican and Democratic parties fear a "President Ted Cruz" and are trying to derail his candidacy?     

Ted Cruz is an attorney and knows the law, and is unflinching by these allegations from what I can see.

Allegation:  An assertion that someone has done something wrong, often without proof.  Dictionary

I am only an Attorney In Fact, but I think it is a smoking gun...

Because, Cruz is a natural born citizen by law...legal precedents!

You really should make this into a hub.  It's obvious that you have done a lot of research and make some very valid points.

However, that is the problem here:  everybody is interpreting the Constitution differently.  We need to clear this up be it an issue for Ted Cruz or anybody else.

People tried to say Obama was not qualified due to his father's nationality and place of birth, but his mother was American, and he was born in America.  In his case, the claims were all smoke and fog meant to discredit him.

Here, the issue seems to be unclear, regardless of which party people belong to.  I, personally, would like to see this issue clarified once and for all so discussions like this one can end!

1. colorfulone profile image78

I agree that it would be good to clear it up where as Cruz is concerned in the allegations for all minds. He is a Supreme Court Attorney so would be able to represent himself.  He may not feel the need to waste his time because of the legal precedence.  Was it me, I wouldn't waste my time.  You can convince people against their mind, but they will be of the same opinion still.  Better to be informed than opinionated...?  It will be interested seeing how it plays out.  As I said before, this could go on for years if Cruz is president.  I think he would be a great president to clean up some of the mess.  He fights tooth and nail for laws, and the Constitution...thus, the establishment fears him as president.  If I were them, I would fear Ted Cruz too.  smile

Only a fool represents himself in a court of law.

The biggest problem in a civilian suit is lack of "Standing (law)".
                (the link for that won't work)

And the, "Harm" (principle).
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harm_principle

I'm fairly sure that all of the civilian suits against Obama would serve Cruz as legal precedence.  Still, it will be interesting if Alan Grayson files a lawsuit contesting Ted Cruz's candidacy...but I think he is full of smoke.  Talking head! - Making noise!
                I don't mind being wrong, but I think I'm right.  (gain of salt)

The two situations are totally different.  Obama was born in the US to an American mother.  Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother.  The geography seems to be the sticking point.

2. Alternative Prime profile image56
          Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ted Cruz was NOT Born in the U.S. regardless of secondary evidence as to his "Eligibility" ~ Every President to date was BORN in the U.S. which means it has never been tested ~

Unfortunately, Ted Cruz understands the Law like Delusional Dr. Ben Carson understands the U.S. Constitution, NOT very well ~ Ben thinks you can implement a "Religious TEST" for the Presidency which is NONSENSE, while Ted Cruz dosen't understand the LEGAL Fact that "Carpet Bombing" is a WAR Crime ~ sad

P.S. ~ An "Attorney in Fact" is a person such as an "Agent" who acts for another person called the "Princple" in a "Power of Attorney" Arrangement ~

3. colorfulone profile image78

These changes to statutory law were made by Congress in 2001.

The rules that were in effect from December 24, 1952 – November 14, 1986. A person born abroad between those dates is a U.S. citizen upon birth if all of the following are true:

The person’s parents were married at the time of birth;

One of the person’s parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born;

The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child’s birth; and

A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent’s 14th birthday.

* By definitions of the law, it looks like Cruz is a natural-born citizen and qualifies to run for president. The 45 years old was born on December 22, 1970.

However, there is a set of rules for those born after November 14, 1986.

McCain ran for president and was born in Panama. 

I see Marco Rubio is beating down a birther lawsuit in Florida.  Oh, the Drama!  Interesting that he was born on May 28, 1971 to Cuban immigrant parents who were not US citizens until 1975.  -Congressional Research Service, "any person born in the United States is a "natural born" citizen even if born to foreign parents."

What do the new rules say?

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad
              https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … broad.html

I got a laugh when I saw this meme!  lol

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12834605.jpg

The Explicit Definition could define "Natural BORN"  as "Born on U.S. SOIL" regardless of Parent's Birth-Place ~ Until we are privileged to a "Supreme Court Adjudication & Ruling" sometime in the future, the term remains Ambiguous and subject to state(s) interpretation leading to possible "Ballot Disqualification" for Mr. Cruz  due to the FACT that he was Foreign Born ~

McCain was Born in the Panama Zone which was CONTROLLED by the United States at the time of his birth which means legally, it could have been considered an ANNEXATION" of the U.S. ~ Different Situation ~

As for the photo, I think Ted looks pretty CREEPY as usual.......sad

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it could be defined that way, although you seem to want to add soil the US controls to it.  Or it could be defined as born of known parents, both citizens of the US, on US soil.  Effectively eliminating a lot of people that don't know the father or that were born outside our borders to US citizens.  Children born to military parents overseas would not be citizens.

But it has been pretty well defined by various court decisions and scholarly studies through the last century or so.  That you personally don't like the definition isn't a reason to change it.  Nor is it a reason that some people don't like Cruz and don't want him as POTUS any more than it was for Obama.

1. Alternative Prime profile image56

FYI wilderness ~ The U.S. Supreme Court has yet to DEFINE "Natural Born" which means the term remains Ambiguous at BEST ~

As for Cruz v Obama, which is a FALSE Comparison, unless of course you are STILL included in the Approximately 30 or 40% of  Hopelessly Gullible Dum-Bell Republicans living in their own little "PRETEND-Land" who STILL actually  BELIEVE President Obama was born in Kenya, everyone else living in REALITY understands there is NO Comparison between he & Cruz who by Admission & Documentation, is indeed Foreign BORN which rasises serious "Eligibility Questions & CONCERNS" ~

The first of who knows how many Law Suits Against Cruz has already been FILED ~ Where ? In his OWN state of TEXAS smile ~ We all know the leas than "GREAT" state of Texas has never been accused of being home to "Bright Politicians" or an "Intellectually SOUND Republican Populace" but in this case, it appears they miraculously got it right ~ smile Let's see how this and all the other Litigation plays out before rushing to judgement ~

There have been many US Supreme Court (and lower courts) cases on "natural born citizen".  I mentioned in an earlier post those cases fail for lack of Standing (law).  And, most likely a lawsuit against Ted would fail for lack of standing as well, especially because of a rule I posted earlier also. Just saying!

Natural-born-citizen clause
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-b … zen_clause

Its interesting what we get to read from AP (snooze) News.  wink

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12835664.jpg

I didn't expect to to ACTUALLY Read the first few paragrapghs in your OWN Link, so FYI, here's what it says in the second one ~

"The natural-born-citizen clause has been mentioned in passing in several decisions of the United States Supreme Court, and by some lower courts that have addressed eligibility challenges, but the Supreme Court has never directly addressed the question of a specific presidential or vice-presidential candidate's eligibility as a natural-born citizen."

From YOUR Own Link colorfulone, I think I hear your FOX Loser Snooze Nonsense Channel Calling ~ smile smile

By definitions of the law, it looks like Cruz is a "natural-born citizen" and qualifies to run for president.

A person born abroad between those dates (from December 24, 1952 – November 14, 1986) is a U.S. citizen upon birth if all of the following are true:

* The person’s parents were married at the time of birth;

* One of the person’s parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born;

* The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child’s birth; and

* A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent’s 14th birthday.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

As it was explained to me, both those born to US citizens and those born in the US to any person are counted as "native born".  Which makes sense to me as having children of citizens rendered stateless or with less rights than usual due to place of birth would be ridicuous.

You need to read the article.  It is very telling and gives an extremely clear definition of "natural born"...and it is not what you just said.

The term is "natural born" not "native born", but either way since Cruz was born on foreign soil, according to this professor, constitutionally he does not qualify for the Presidency.

colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

“It is stunning, that this State of the Union address did not say a word about the Paris terror attacks, did not say a word about the San Bernardino terror attacks, did not say a word about the Philadelphia police officer shot… by a terrorist pledging allegiance to ISIS.” — Ted Cruz

It didn't say anything about Ted Cruz not being eligible to run for president either.  Well, it didn't say much at all except to promote the USA's greatest enemy's agenda.

4. profile image0
    Farawaytreeposted 8 years ago

Being Canadian myself, my first question is, was his father Canadian or American? In the article it says his mother was American and he was born in Canada.

So, is the argument about what nationality your parents were or the actual country you happened to come out of the womb in? If both his father and mother were or are American, then I'm not sure there's much of an argument against him running. They could have been on vacation.

Now, if one of his parents were not American, those loopholes may be played with. Either way, I'm not sure he has much of a chance to win but surely he must have thought of this kink before he starting running ??

1. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

His dad is cuban. He became a canadian citizen in the 60s while living there. Then he moved to the US. He renounced his Canadian citizenship and in 2005 became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

1. profile image0
        Farawaytreeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's very interesting. I suppose there could be an argument made then, if going by the constitution, although I wouldn't pretend I'm very up to date on that right now.

The issue is not about his father's place of birth but rather his own, which in this case is Canada.

1. profile image0

Yes, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria became Governor of California as well. Not sure if the same type of rules would apply for that position.

If you read my posts here you would see that this situation applies specifically to the Presidency...not to other political positions.

I do think that clarification should be changed, but it would require an amendment to the Constitution.

SIDE Note: The Schwarzenegger Tenure was an utter Disaster ~ he is  and was Incompetent, Slow, Inept & Down Right DUMB when it comes to Governing ~  The question arises, just how many 100lb DUMBELLS Accidentally KLONKED him on the HEAD in the Gym over the years ?? smile sad

Jerry Brown has turned this state around by FIXING everything Arnold Mis-diagnosed & Mis-understood, he was WAY over his head ~

Thanks to Governor Brown, California is back on SOLID Ground and back on TOP again ~

1. profile image0

Someone told me Govenor Jerry Brown is actually Canadian. Hmmm

That's not true but even if it were, that's FINE too, we wouldn't care if he were an ALIEN from another Star SYSTEM, he's doing an incredible job for us and it's refreshing after enduring an IDIOT like A. Schwarzenneger at the Helm, just like the Tall Athletic Intellectually Superior Muslim from Kenya we now have in the White House who is doing nothing less than a STELLAR, Historically Amazing Job for "We the People" ~ smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Read the article.  It clearly explains that point.  I believe his father was either Mexican or Canadian...can't remember which, but I know he was not American.

I found the info in the article extremely interesting and think everybody should look at it.

Cruz's Father was Born in Communist Cuba, although the Dictator at that time was not quite as Radical as Castro who would attain power at a later date, the "Underlying Controllers" of the Island were indeed Communist and supported the Leader ~

Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, Ted's father ironically came ashore on U.S. SOIL as a "Refugee", which is no less than FROWNED Upon and in some instances Viciously Attacked by Conservative Republicans ~ Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz, Presidential Candidate was Foreign BORN in Canada ~

...which is what distinguishes his situation from that of Obama.  Obama was born to an American mother on American soil.  Cruz was not born on US soil, despite the fact that his mother, also, was American.

The understanding of this rule apparently applies specifically to the Presidency, but not to other publicly held positions because it was felt that the President of our country would be more "bound" to pledge his allegiance to it if he was was born here.  It is a Constitutional requirement and can only be changed by amending the law...something there is not time to do with the election coming up.

In order to challenge it, someone has to file a suit against Cruz and the issue would probably end up in the Supreme Court.

Can you imagine if Cruz became President and THEN it was determined it was illegal for him to be in that post?  What a mess THAT would be!

I can't argue with anything you've said TT2 and YES, What a Big MESS it would be as Articulated by Crazy, Bigoted Trump and others within what's left of the GOP whom are obviously NOT Fans of Cruz ~

According to Reports, at least 1 Progressive Democrat from Florida, Alan Grayson has already PLEDGED or Promised that he would indeed file a Law Suit Against Cruz Challenging his "Eligibility" if by chance he did become the Republican Nominee ~ FINALLY some Litigation Initiated & Filed by Progressive Democrats ~

GOOD Luck to Ted, he's gonna' need that and then some ~ smile

2. IslandBites profile image89

Not true. Cuba was not communist at that time (1939). Fulgencio Batista was a terrible right wing dictator (and supported by the US).

On the other hand, Rafael Cruz allegedly joined the cuban revolution (Castro's revolution), but left Cuba in 1957, while Batista was still in power. Cuba was not a communist country until the 60s.

The "Underlying  Controllers" of Cuba were indeed Communist and they SUPPORTED a "Puppet" named Batista, so essentially, the Island was under a "Communist Umbrella" which opened Up even WIDER & It became more  Pubically Evident when Castro took Power shortly thereafter ~

Again, not true.

I'm not sure what you disagree with but everything in my Comments either here or elsewhere are "Fact Based" and can easily be verified with a simple "Search" ~

* Ted Cruz ~ BORN in Canada NOT the U.S.
                * Rafael Bienvenido Cruz was indeed BORN in Communist Cuba
                * The Underlying "Controlling" ELEMENT while Rafael Cruz lived in Cuba was indeed of the Communist  Persuasion
                * If elected to office, Ted Cruz the Presidential Candidate has PLEDGED to commit the Atrociously In-humane WAR Crime of "Carpet Bombing" the Middle East to test if the "Sand Glows" ~ That's what you'd expect from a Genuine Christian RIGHT ?

The infamous list goes on and on ~

Again, not true.

I'm pretty sure I was clear in my previous comment. I don't need a simple search since my MA is in Caribbean History. :-)

Btw, I couldn't care less about Ted Cruz.

You certainly have a right to your OPINION but I'll stick to the FACTS smile

Actually Thief12, I don't even know what "IslandBites" is Refuting nor do I CARE, but History Reveals a Different Story ~

Batista was a CORRUPT Right-Wing Dictator who was Controlled Behind the SCENES by Communists at the time of CRUZ's Departure from the Island ~ Batista was essentially a "Puppet"  ~

I'm not asking anyone to to necessarily agree with me, "SEARCH" will allow anyone to uncover the FACTS according to their ideals, but then those Facts will inevitably be "Manipulated & Twisted" by the RIGHT Wing Nut-Cases anyway in an effort to "SUIT" their Radical Agenda ~ smile ~

Sooner or Later the TRUTH about Ted Cruz will come out, and better NOW than Later when the "Avalanche of Law SUITS" begin ~ sad

1. Thief12 profile image90
                    Thief12posted 8 years agoin reply to this

But what evidence do you have to say that Batista was controlled by Communists at the time of Cruz' departure? That's your opinion. Nothing in history supports that, no matter how you write up your opinion as fact or with how many CAPS, to suit your agenda.

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

This will be interesting.  A lot of sites are saying Trump was right about Cruz not being eligible to run.  I'm not sure if he opened this can of worms or not, but that's what I've read.  This could get dragged out for years (history repeats itself).

Trump was also an active participant in the "birther movement" when Obama was running for office, despite the fact that there was no way Obama was not eligible.

I know Trump brought up the Obama birther topic back in September, I'm not sure why.  It did make headlines on all the media sites.  Media makes money off of Trump, and they pay for his campaign with the publicity.  But, maybe he knows something he isn't saying.  I do not know that he was active in the original birther that was started by Hillary's campaign when she was running against Obama for pres.  That was big news back then, and a lot of it has been covered up (unpublished).  Poof! 

He could be President Donald J. Trump!
          That thought makes my quiver.  smile

Did you check out the article link?  This issue goes farther than the link you posted, and I think gives a deeper explanation about the intent of our founding fathers when it comes to being "natural born".  It disagrees with the info in the link you posted and gives good reasons for doing so because it applies specifically to the position of President, not the general view.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42097.pdf

The links I provided point to credible, scholarly sites that give the correct definition of "natural born citizen."

The link you provided is junk journalism.

Opinions vary, and you certainly are entitled to yours.

I don't consider The Washington Post as a place where junk journalism is practiced, and that is where the article originally was published.

I am not saying that the professor is correct, but the argument she provides makes a lot of sense and certainly merits consideration.

Furthermore, I do not consider the opinions of a highly educated expert to be "junk".  What makes her research any less valuable than the work you have alluded to?

Interesting article, but it really does not bring complete clarity to the issue and basically says many of the same things as the article I referred to.

Obviously there are many opinions on this issue, but the only way to clear it up is for someone to file a suit that goes to the Supreme Court, and use the results as the basis of an amendment to the Constitution so there are no further questions, one way or the other.

While they are doing this, they might also want to allow a naturalized citizen to have the same rights as one who is natural born.  To me, a citizen is a citizen, so why distinguish between the two?

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

First problem, an ex Harvard  Professor !   

Wow , another liberal twit heard from . How exiting .

First of all, the author of the article is NOT an "ex Harvard Professor".  She still teaches there, is an expert on the Constitution, taught Cruz (who also claims to be an expert in this area), and makes a compelling and interesting argument.

Second, I do not appreciate the name calling.  This is supposed to be a discussion between reasonable, intelligent people, not people who resort to attacks because they don't like the topic or what the poster has stated about it.

Third, you are making unfounded assumptions about political leanings.  You have no idea whether anybody is a liberal.

Fourth, this is not about liking or disliking Cruz.  It is about the fact that the Constitution exists for very good reasons, is supposed to be supported by all citizens and is based on the intent of our founding fathers which is that, according to the article referred to, specifically for the Presidency, they felt that the person who rises to this post should have been born on American soil because it makes him more likely to be loyal to his country.

Finally, I have always liked and respected you and felt you gave terrific advice here on the forums.  I am very disappointed that you have chosen to take the route you have when entering this discussion.

Yeah, No Kiddin' ahorseback, just another Big Fancy HARVARD Professor / Teacher with Sparkling Credentials, who on this Good almost Green EARTH could possibly believe this poindexter's "Evil Devil Talk" ??

Maybe we need a "Brilliant Home-Schooled" Conservative Republican  to EXPLAIN things more accurately and thoroughly, you know, a backward hillbilly livin' in a REMOTE Isolated wooded region who spends half his time HOLLERIN' for Bigfoot and the other half fixin' his wooden OUThouse & carefully Piecin' together plastic Duck Calls ~ smile

At least he'd be a VERY Reliable Source for Republicans ~ sad

7. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Ted Cruz's Birth Certificate (photo)
    He moved to the USA when he was four years old.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12832955.jpg

Legal Precedence: http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2791334

1. Dean Traylor profile image93
      Dean Traylorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What's a geophysical consultant?

8. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

As everyone has mentioned, natural birth can be by parentage or geographical.

I think the person suggesting only one of these is correct is perfectly well qualified by perhaps being provocative or a bit biassed in overlooking the many precedents that have established the current legal meaning of the word--whether or not it was originally intended to have that meaning.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

He lived the majority of his life in the US as an outstanding citizen with dedication to American Principles.
    His first three or four years were in Canada.
    His mother was an American. He is an American citizen.

Give it a rest!!!!
    what a bunch of petty bs artists!

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz (born December 22, 1970) is an American politician who is the junior U.S. Senator from Texas. He is a candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to an American mother and Cuban father, Cruz attended elementary and high school in and around Houston, graduated from Princeton University in 1992, and then from Harvard Law School in 1995. Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz was the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice, and domestic policy advisor to President George W. Bush on the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, and the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history. Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law from 2004 to 2009 at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.

Nobody is questioning his work, abilities or personal qualities.  We simply are discussing two sides of an issue that needs clarification.  Attacking all of the writers here for doing so is uncalled for and unnecessary.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I mean the politicians and media focusing on this issue: I was not referring to anyone contributing here, of course. Its a great thread with great opinions. That was just my opinion on the matter.
        I think it is a low blow and should not be brought up. If Obama was born in Kenya to an American woman, then he is also a Citizen, Natural born or not. Right?

TWISI

Obama was born in America.  This is not a "low blow"...many in the know agree that it is a serious problem that needs to be addressed and clarified legally.  Going after Obama over this was a "low blow", and both Trump and Cruz were right there going after him on this issue at the time very publicly.  At that time, and still today, there are people who are on that bandwagon, despite the fact that it has been proven time and again that Obama was not born on foreign soil. 

Until the term "natural born" is actually clearly defined and ruled upon, this issue will continue to be a problem, regardless of who is running for office.

Well yes, in Hawaii, but some are insisting Kenya for some reason.
            In the days "natural born" stipulations did not take into account modern air travel.
            So this should be changed, IMO. If mom is a citizen the child is a citizen
            why not?
            unless he is raised and educated in the country he was born in …
            uh oh ...

They can insist all they like.  His birth certificate clearly states he was born in Hawaii.  Cruz' certificate says he was born in Canada.  Big difference.

yes , I know!  I just think if Ted Cruz was born to an American citizen and he lives most of life in his mother's country, (after the first thee years) then it should be accepted. Why so strict all of the sudden. To what point?

There has never been a President who was not born on US soil, so the issue has never been tested before.  This is why there is so much controversy.  It is important to look at precedent and the bigger picture.  How will this issue affect future Presidential candidates and, in turn, the country?

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Americans learned a huge lesson by electing ,  wherever he was born , a non- Americanized president .  A man that doesn't share the same appreciation for America as even the most divisive voters !        An extremist in  social activism ideologies .   Born , raised and educated by  fringe leftists !

But your still voting  without vetting America !   

Cruz ,even  if he was born on Pluto  ,  At least loves his country ,    we don't need   more world  movers and shakers  , we need an Americanized  leader , who will lead us ,the  freest nation in the world  back from the precipice   .

Even if we elected Hillary or trump  ,  air bags that they are  ,  we would elect someone who loves  and not despises America

Are you referring to Obama?  If so, what makes you think he is not an American or that he does not love this country?

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Legally Obama is an American , I don't question that , nor that he was born "here " ; however .  He is NOT Americanized  Ideologically !   And THAT is the problem , he is too "one world order "   indulged ! He is TOO divisive  and he IS a racist !     Is that clear enough ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)