Problem with Adsense earnings and HP earnings. Please Help ASAP

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 8 years ago

First, please forgive me if this has been asked a hundred times already. I've tried searching through the forums, but without a better search feature, it's difficult to find out if someone has already asked about the same problem I'm having. The only thing that came close was "KNOWN ISSUE: AdSense reporting (views/traffic are recorded)", but that was from 11 months ago and does not allow any further responses since 9 months ago and cannot be the same issue as is happening now.

Background Info: Right after HP declared that they had moved away from the "hubnamehere.hubpages.com" domains and into the "hubpages.com/@hubnamehere" domains, I noticed a serious decrease in my earnings. To be clear, it was a drop in my EARNINGS, NOT my page views. I still get massive page views in the high XX.XXX range. I read the blog and assumed there would be a day or two of bugs, maybe even a week at most. I'm not new to HP, so this isn't unusual, but now it's been almost two months and I've gone from earning nearly $200 a month on this HP account and nearly $200 on my adsense account from this HP account, and dropped down to a whopping $7 last month and even this month - $3 on adsense and down to $90 last month on HP and $50 this month. It seems to me that not only is the reporting inaccurate, but my earnings are inaccurately DROPPING. So I apologize if I'm a bit panicked about this, but without knowing what's going on, I'm definitely upset and panicked at not receiving the money I should have earning. I've have checked and checked, and my page views are the same and even on my Google Analytics it shows more than 20,000 views a month MINIMUM and plenty of clicks to boot. There aren't any reported issues with my hubs or the ads on them.

Now, to put this in perspective, I have 1000+ articles written on this hubpages account with at least 20 of them consistently pulling in quality traffic every month. I have one other hp account that is relatively new, where I ONLY have 10 published articles and I'm already earning $200 per month in the last two months, through hp ads. Even with that though, adsense is not showing my page views accurately for that account either and it is ACTIVE and on the same adsense account and this hp account is. So there is no way that I've missed something.

I have attempted to contact google/adsense, which as we all know is enough to turn a person into a flaming lunatic ready to self combust in seconds. That hasn't gotten me anywhere, and this is my last ditch effort before sending an email to HP, which I'm sure they don't need from yet another person, cause I'm sure I'm not entirely alone.

Now, the only thing I can detect so far, is that when I asked google to crawl my new domain "hubpages.com/@bizgengirl", it gave me a 404: doesn't exist. I attempted to go in and edit my current URL code in adsense, which there is no option to do since hp uses the CA-xxxxxxxxx codes. The only other thing I can think to do is to reset my configuration through the HP earnings dashboard, but I'm afraid that if I do that it will open a whole new can of worms.

Can anyone else who is experiencing this issue help? Or could maybe, just maybe, an HP official comment and tell me what's going on or what I can do to fix the issue? I hate to say it, but hubpages and adsense are one of my only pitiful sources of income right now and EVERY penny matters.

Thank you to anyone who can help.....

2. BizGenGirl profile image88

I apologize, I made an error. I stated that I have more than 1000 articles on hp. It felt like that and there were too many to count quickly. I saw that they put on our profiles how many published hubs we have, and it looks like I'm at 369, not 1000. Sure felt that way though. Anyways, not a big deal, just wanted to correct it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Adsense wants you to enter your domain name, not your profile URL.   The domain name for HubPages is just HubPages.com.     In the olden days before the sub-domains were created, that's what we entered on Adsense - so now that sub-domains are gone, that's what you revert to.  See if that helps.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Should we remove any urls that have the old profile names on them?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They are redirecting so it shouldn't be necessary.

BizGenGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It shouldn't be necessary, but since it's a new system, there could still be many issues with the old domains redirecting...

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years ago

If you go to this page, you will see that the CPM is significantly lower than it used to be. We are getting a lot less per view than we did before.

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/reports?type=hpads

5. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 8 years ago

WOW.
    I thought maybe I was looking at something wrong, but you are absolutely right.

My traffic has been steadily increasing the past few months, and this month I got more than double the views I got last month. Yet my income for this month is less than I've gotten since my first year. (Half what I've been getting the past year or so)

Sure enough...

This Month (Jan)
    $1.99 CPM

Last Month (Dec)
    $5.90 CPM

That's the last straw. If this doesn't improve next month my content is being moved.

6. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

If it doesn't improve next month then something's up but January tends to be very slow right after a large uptick in December and the holiday season.

7. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 8 years ago

I hear many saying that January is always bad, but I looked at past years and it hasn't been this bad for a long time. Last year in January was actually quite decent for me and a far cry compared to what it looks like now and even the year prior was decent too. The most recent January that looks as bad as this one dates back to 2013. The traffic is good, as others noted it's the CPM that is very low.

1. mattforte profile image89
      mattforteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

January is typically not great for views (But I'd argue it is often better than December since people aren't away on holiday).
      But this has nothing to do with CPM - which is the heart of this issue (And for the record, I had more views this month than I've had in a long time). We can see our CPM for every single month - this is several years of data for me. I've never had a single month come close to these numbers before....the closest I think I saw in my entire history was double that.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It isn't only you.  Many have reported severe decreases in their earnings.  My earnings are significantly half of what they used to be.

8. BizGenGirl profile image88

I know the whole "dec and jan usually suck", but as others have said, when looking at my past history, it certainly has not sucked this bad. Plus, my revenue has been going down since before Dec and so far, is set to get even smaller this month on all accounts. Then on top of that, my adsense down to $4 a month and they didn't send out any notices saying they were going to lower the pay rate. Something is seriously up this time, and it would be nice to hear from HP directly. I didn't see anything in any of the HP blogs saying the revenue rate would be lowered when they changed the domains, so there shouldn't be any reason for it, especially when page views are up. It's starting to feel like after the influx of squidoo writers, that they are taking long time loyal HP authors for granted. The least they could do is keep us up to date on what's happening.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

HP has no control over what Adsense pays. 

Adsense never sends out any notifications when they change their payout rates - and of course, it does vary by topic.   Adsense rates have been dropping for some time now.

I know that they don't have direct control over what adsense does, but what HP does has an effect on the adsense we earn from HP. What I was referring too, is that if there is a problem with the domain name change overs, it could affect our HP related adsense earnings. It's not necessarily HP's problem, but adsense is usually pretty good about sending out notices when they are going to change their processes and pay out rates. On my adsense, it's not registering the same page views ratio that it was for my HP related adsense earnings as it was before, which tells me there is something wrong between the two. A problem that didn't exist before the domain name change.

Additionally, my HP related adsense earnings were going up every month before the domain name change over.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

In what way does HP have an effect on what we earn from Adsense?  They can't possibly have any impact, because when our code is displayed on a Hub, it's displayed the same as on any other blog.   They earn when THEIR code is displayed instead, which is totally separate.  Are you suggesting that they've tinkered with the ratio?

I forget, did you check to make sure that you have "Hubpages.com" as the domain name on Adsense?  That is the correct setup, since your sub-domain no longer exists.

I don't think I've ever had an email from Adsense about changes in payout rates in eight years.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)