Your Articles On Bubblews

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone, just wanna check out if those of you who contributed to Bubblews were able to remove your content before the whistle blew.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I knew they would fail, but left my articles there.  However, I saved backups.  Since the site is gone, eventually all of the articles will be gone anyhow.  I figure if I wait a year or so, I can then go back, choose the work I want to use, rework it and then submit it.  Too much work to remove articles that weren't very good anyhow!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Have you checked recently?   Since the site was doing so badly, I suspect a lot of the articles would've been de-indexed even before the site failed, so you would probably be safe to start re-using them now.

I didn't keep copies of any of mine - but they were all short, and mostly re-used articles from Helium after that site collapsed.  So I feel that between the income from those two sites, I got my money's worth from them.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Unlike many others, I made really good money there for very little effort.  I don't bother  checking because I won't use much of what I wrote there.  However, it is a good source for article ideas in the future.  I suspect they're all offline by now anyhow.

2. quicksand profile image81
        quicksandposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you wait so long before posting it elsewhere, you may be flagged as copied content in the event someone else who had anticipated the fall had copied a whole cartload of articles to be published somewhere else, and had done so immediately after the curtain fell.

2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There wasn't much that I wanted because many of my posts there, because I knew it really wasn't a writing site, were just rants. But as I saw the actual end draw near, I copied and pasted a few pieces and poems that I like to Note Pad. Probably won't do much with those, maybe post them to one of my "for fun" Blogger blogs. Might be able to work a few into some kind of article, have to go look them over.

3. Shadrack2 profile image42
      Shadrack2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

some of my articles were pretty small. I wrote stuff about what I had eaten? Who made my day, who didn't? So a lot of my work there can never be reused.

2. profile image0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 8 years ago

Hi, quicksand. I saw the writing on the wall, and got out while I could. As I had not reached pay out (due to it being raised from US$25 to US$50), I lost out on just under US$30.
    I am not concerned about the money, as I managed to get all of my work off their server, and have the URLs wiped via my Google Webtools .

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Yes, thankfully I saw the iceberg coming well ahead of time and jumped off that Titanic in early 2014.

Back then the Bubblews payout threshold was still $25. When I claimed my first "redemption" it was for somewhere around $28 and change. They made me jump thru so many hoops to get that damn $28 - over a month of constant emailing with the idiots in their redemption dept. and even a few with The Mighty Arvind himself - that once they finally coughed it up I said "f*** this site, I'm done," took all of my stuff down, and never looked back.

4. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 8 years ago

Material I've written for sites such as Hubpages, Helium, and Bubblews were first created on Word and saved before publishing. There are times I will make a few adjustments or updates to the published product. In many cases, I  copy-paste those on a new Word text, but that was for Hubs and Helium (when they existed).  The latter came in handy in terms of recovering articles from Helium before it went under. Those were articles, stories, and poems that I put a lot into and didn't want to see the updated version vanish; especially if they were ready to be published somewhere else.

I don't feel that way with Bubblews articles. With the exception of 10 to 15 articles, many were short and written on the fly. It was a site I didn't take too seriously (except for the payment that fortunately happened with no hitch). And, many of the posting reflect that. They're dull and mundane and feel like I just went through the process of posting something.

Still, all the article were written on Word before publication and are saved in their own special folders. I will most likely republish 10 or more. However, the rest is not worth saving. They belonged on Bubblews and they won't see the light, again.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

Phew!  I was really worried that my best ever work had been lost for ever.  Then I found it...

Why Does the Romanian ChiPaxu Have no Ears?

This sparky little dog is bred to protect sheep and deal with the Romanian Fox.  This nasty vermin often bites the ears clean off its victims.

An intensive breeding program was set up during the Communist thing and eventually the ChiPaxu was created.

The first dog with no ears at all.

That meant it could go off after the foxes and be safe in the ear department.  Sadly the foxes bit other parts off – it is an adaptable creature.

Another lesson as to why capitalism makes more sense.

It is also where the old joke “My dog has no nose” comes from. The original Romanian version is

“My dog it has no nose on its head”
    “Was it attacked by a fox?”
    “Yes. That is correct.”

Anyway, the Romanians had thousands of these fairly hopeless dogs left over.  They ate a lot of them and sold a few across the border.  One or two have turned up in Britain.

And there he is.  I call him my “Little ChiPaxu Boy” but it doesn’t matter really.

He can’t hear a word.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12852220_f1024.jpg

1. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Communism = bad.  Really bad.

6. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 8 years ago

I had 12 articles in there. although short, they were carefully written and submitted along with matching "Made For Bubblews" images! lol
    Fortunately I have them all on notepad and I hope to post them somewhere soon. I knew the site was not doing too well but I did not expect them to go belly up so fast!
    [Insert picture of failed whale!]

7. WordCrafter09 profile image67
    WordCrafter09posted 8 years ago

Since I never really knew what to be posting on there, and never really got all that into taking the site all that seriously, I had a weird, weird, assortment of posts on there if/when I posted at all.

Anyway, I've more than got copies of my stuff from there, including any of my own comments on other people's posts when I thought the discussion was worthwhile and/or that my own contribution to one might be worth saving.  (There's not much that I've ever posted online that I haven't saved a copy of, whether or not I really ever think I'll have another use it for it or not.).  Some of my stuff on there was already a copy of something I'd posted on another site, so there were already copies.  When I started to phase away from B's I went through and got all kinds of copies of my stuff there as it appeared on there.  Some I deleted.  Some I left.  So over time, and as I sensed the site was on its way out, I went back and did yet more copying as "whatever it was" appeared on the site.  Some I re-posted, or at least stored unpublished on one or another blog.  (Same kind of thing with any Hubs I've deleted, unpublished, or never published,  from this or my other HP account; or any other site I've ever posted anything on, only to have the site fold.)  I don't imagine I'm too different from too many other people who have spent much time doing online writing of one kind or another.  Maybe some people are less "paranoid" about saving some types of stuff than I am.  Basically, I save anything new that I write all along the way from start to posting "wherever" (and some places in-between).  Then, any time I post anything as a new thing on a new site/location, I treat that version of it as yet another new thing to be copied, stored, etc. etc.

Unnecessary as such a "paranoid" approach may seem, it really doesn't take a lot of time or space, especially these days.  This is more reply than the OP's question calls for, I know, but I think it's worth reminding "new people"  to save everything, no matter how "un-seriously" they take a site or a post/piece of writing or their own writing in general.  I don't know...   Maybe it's even more important to establish one's own, unique, network of "roots" and "identifiers" for the stuff that doesn't appear to be stuff to be taken all that seriously; because online stuff, earnings, time spent, copyright, etc. etc. aside; even in offline life (and not related to writing at all), it's not unusual to say something to someone in casual conversation, have your words (I guess) make sense to the other person, and then have that person say those words back to you three days later (as if, I guess, they don't realize that YOU were the originator of those words!   roll  ).  OR, if you weren't the originator but were first to present it to your companion) they say the same words back to you a week later after someone else said essentially the same thing (so now the person forgets that you said those words a week ago and tries to pass off the words as that of those of the third person, as if they're telling you something you never heard or thought of before!  In any case, and if nothing else, I keep my "paranoid plan" of establishing some really solid roots and identifiers to what I post online because, if for no other reason, I don't want anyone coming back to me and saying that something I wrote somewhere is something I copied from them!  I may let things go with offline, non-writing-related, people who are apparently confused, forgetful, devious, or whatever else their problem is; but I really prefer not to leave the opportunity for some potential online-writing/posting situation to turn in into a big legal mess.     I'm not worried about some "issue" popping up with my Bubblews stuff, regardless of when/if I decide to do anything else with any of it.

8. Carola Finch profile image93
    Carola Finchposted 8 years ago

Believe it or not, I deleted all my content the day before the website shut down.  I have reposted it elsewhere after slightly changing the title and updating the info.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)